Part 20

My Super Girl

 

“Hae, what’s up?” You ask as you sat next to an exhausted Donghae. You glance at him worriedly as he heaved a sigh. “I’m going crazy little sis.” He closes his eyes and frowns. “I don’t think I could this. I don’t want to be involved in the company.”
 
It’s only been two weeks since the incident with Jongwoon, since Donghae started going to your parents’ company. You tried to talk to them – your brother and your parents but they seem to be out of reach. They’ve been so busy with the next project they’re working with. You didn’t have a chance to ask about your plans then you thought it might be the right time to tell your intentions. It may sound selfish because you are doing this not because you really wanted to take over the company but because you just wanted to live peacefully with him and most especially, you’re doing this to save everybody.
 
“Hae… what if…” You trail off. Your brother’s attention is back on you, waiting for whatever you sought to ask. “You give up the position for me?”
 
“The company? Why so sudden?” He questions since he’s really surprised. You smile sheepishly at him and he knows there’s something behind all of this. It is very rare for you to even ask about the company since you had no interest in it at all and hearing that you might want the position, he admits he felt safe.
 
You explain to him your plans, the things you talked about with Jongwoon. “And it’s still because of him? Wow. You must really love the boy. You are insanely in love with him.” He pats your back and get up from the couch. “Tell that to dad but trust me, it’ll be difficult. Mom would agree for sure and you’re going to save me from this but really sis? You want the company so you could be with him? Good luck.” He leaves you in the living room. You pout and you feel slightly dejected. “But that would be better than ruining our company and ended up being a broken family…” 
 
--
 
“Mr. Lee, your guests arrived.”
 
“Let them in.”
 
Your dad’s guests step inside his office. “We finally meet. How are you doing Mr. Lee?” Your dad gladly welcomes them. “Been great. Have a seat please.” He gestures them to the couch.
 
“How’s our proposal doing? Did you decide on it yet?” He asks as his secretary handed them a cup of coffee. “We abruptly changed plans two weeks ago. I don’t think we still need to work together.”
 
“I see but please still consider it. My son has been working on it a lot lately. We don’t want our children to be disappointed, right?” The other man is hit by the words of your dad. “We’ll think about it. By the way, I heard you have a daughter.”
 
“Yes. I have a daughter.” Your dad smiles as he loves talking about you and Donghae. 
 
“I hope you don’t mind but what is she like?” Your dad is getting confused by your sudden involvement but answers the other man proudly. “She’s a great kid. She does well in her studies and she really cares for the people around her.”
 
“I’d like to meet your daughter Mr. Lee. I’ll bring my son with me. Is that fine?” Your dad is startled but remained calm nonetheless. “Of course. You don’t plan on having an arrange marriage, right?” He chuckles.
 
“We’ll see about that. After all, your deal is at risk in this Mr. Lee. I heard so much about your daughter and I’d like my son to know such girl. So if you don’t mind…”
 
“Alright. Let’s set an appointment so I could inform my daughter.” He sighs in his mind, defeated.
 
--
 
Jongwoon walks back and forth inside his shared room with Leeteuk. The older is watching him in complete confusion. “Yah. Would you please stop? You’re making me dizzy.”
 
“But hyung… how will I properly propose to her?!” He blurts out, making Leeteuk jump off his bed. “YOU WHAT?!”
 
“I…” He stares at the floor, slightly embarrassed. “I want to propose to her.”
 
“You mean you want to get married?!” Leeteuk shrieks. “No way! I will not allow this. I’m older than you so you need to wait for me to get married first.”
 
“Aish. This old man is at it again.” He mutters as he lied down his bed.
 
“I heard that you little-” His phone suddenly rings. “Oh. Hyukkie!” Jongwoon just rolls his eyes at the mood swings of the older guy. He decides to go back in thinking of a ‘proper’ proposal since you already agreed on marrying him. “But how? She might change her mind if I don’t do something special.” And although he already knows you won’t back out of the plan, he still wanted to do something sweet just for you because it’s been awhile since he last did it. Besides, asking the most special person in his life to spend the rest of forever with him makes him smile crazily at the thought of it.
 
“Yah Yesung-ah, you are creeping me out. Stop smiling like an idiot.”
 
--
 
You take a deep breath as you stand outside your parents’ company building. Your dad asked you to visit him today. You are about to walk in when you saw your dad on his way out. “You’re here. Let’s go?”
 
“Where?” You ask, puzzled.
 
“We’re going to meet with my soon-to-be business partners.” He simply states as he made his way inside the car. You follow him unwillingly. “Why am I even involved in this?”
 
“Donghae told me you wanted to inherit the position. You should start being involved because once your brother closes this deal with them, you’ll be taking over immediately.” You are taken aback that he already knew about it but you didn’t mind it.
 
“So you’re agreeing with me being here?”
 
“Of course. Besides, they are very interested in you. Just be nice to his son, okay?” Your dad gives your hand a squeeze. “Eh? What about his son, dad?” You nervously inquire.
 
“They want to meet you for possible marriage plans.”
 

Thank you for reading!