Part 14

My Super Girl

While he sings, he recalled all the things he’s grateful for especially the times when you accidentally entered his life. The time where you ‘saved’ him from the high school bullies is the most special of them all because he thinks that if you didn’t pass by that certain street and if you had never been so nosy about other’s state, he might not be your prince right now, he might not be the person you wanted to protect all your life.

 
You held my hand in the dark
Without a word, you watched over me
I won’t have a hard time anymore
Even if times get rough, I have you
Without having to say a word
There’s someone like you who already knows it all
I’m happy


The song is about to end and he leisurely walked towards where you’re standing. He smiles lovingly at you and you feel that your heart is pounding louder. ‘I love you…’ He whispers and you could feel your body tingling in excitement as you anticipate what will happen next. ‘I love you too…’ You answer carefully and he closes the gap between the two of you. You close your eyes instantly as you could feel his lips brushing lightly to yours. You both give each other a sweet kiss and you can’t help but smile in between. When you open your eyes, he’s not there. ‘Yesung-ah!’ You scream, calling his name. He looks at you, confused. He’s just standing in front of you. ‘Hey… I’m here.’ He tries to hold you but he can’t. ‘Yesung-ah!’ You call once again, slowly feeling helpless. He stands there, trying to hold you but failed miserably. ‘I’m here… why can’t I hold you?’ His tears are threatening to fall but he held it back, wanting to be strong. ‘Yesung!’

He opens his eyes in an instant and found Leeteuk on top of him with a bucket of water. “Yesung-ah! You’re awake!”

“Hyung! Get off me!” Leeteuk carefully gets off him so that he could avoid pouring the water to the almost pissed guy. “Aish. It was just a dream!” He’s annoyed that his dream just now felt so real yet he realizes that you would never call him Yesung.

“What dream?” The older guy inquires.

“I… I just… Even in my dreams, I’m losing her. I… Uh… don’t mind me.” He sits up and decided to just give his proposal to their boss so he could avoid sleeping and having nightmares again. He knows that he’s stupid for letting you go, for running away, for being a complete coward for not explaining things thoroughly but at the top of everything else, he cannot risk you, your life and your future. He hurriedly prepares so he could make himself busy, so you could stay off his mind for a little while.

Leeteuk watches him scramble his things. He is worried because the way Yesung cried ‘I’m here…’ and ‘why can’t I hold you?’ only made his heart sank. ‘He must be longing for her too much. Just be with her you idiot.’

From: Eunhyukkie
Hyung, I’m going to meet her now. I’m nervous!


‘Oh. Here is another idiot.’ He chuckles as he replied to his brother’s message. He smiles to himself as he thought of how Eunhyuk sheepishly admitted that he likes you and how you could help him go through the past.

--

‘Aish. Why am I so nervous? It’s not like I’m going to confess to her!’ Hyukjae heaves a sigh as he waited for you to arrive at your meeting place. Last night, he told his brother that he is so confused about how he’s feeling for you. His brother enlightened him about his problems when it comes to being too attached to people, how he could use this chance to emotionally grow. He needs a friend whom he could trust and whom he would care for. Now that he admitted that he likes you more than a friend, he assessed his feelings and definitely considered yours. He knows that it’s not right to cross the line now because you still love him so.

“Hyukjae…” You lightly tap his shoulder. He instantly glances at you and you gave him a small smile. His nervousness never ceases as his heart continued to pound loudly. He is in a total panic because he’s now conscious about what he feels for you but he tried so hard to remain calm. He doesn’t want you to be uncomfortable around him because he wanted you to lean on him more. Like what his brother told him to do, he must utilize this chance to trust somebody else. It’s you – the person who is so pure and so protective of the people around her. You make him feel that he is loved and is important because you care not only for your family but with the people around you as well.

“So, what’s your plan now?”

“To be honest, no university would give me details about their students. Everything is confidential. They don’t even let me know if there’s such a student in their university.” You say in a low voice, trying to hide your disappointment. You feel like everything is getting in your way like no one actually wants to lead him back to you. Even in your dreams, he’s so close yet so far.

“Are you giving up now?” As much as Hyukjae wants you to give up that moment, he’d rather see you fight for it than see you so down and lost once again. If yesterday, he badly wants you to turn your back on your failed relationship with Jongwoon, today is completely different. He likes you but he doesn’t want you to lose faith on love just because everything is not falling in their right places.

“I won’t. That idiot, I need him to explain it to me why he must choose my safety rather than staying with me. I just don’t understand why he did everything so suddenly.”

“When you found him and he explained to you well why he left, would you stop everything then?”

You look into his eyes. That question just now hit your mind and heart. Why are you even running after him if he already stated his reason for leaving? Why are you so stubborn for doing all this just to let him explain his reason in detail? “No. Because his reasons are invalid from the start.”