Part 7

My Super Girl

Jongwoon stares at them blankly. They are back. The gang he used be part of is back. They will never leave him alone. It amuses him that they found him again. ‘Don’t they have a life or something more important things to take care of?’ Every trouble they got into flashes back in his mind. The most painful event is when his brother got killed because of this deceitful gang. He doesn’t want any of those to happen again. He continues to stare and slowly, a frown was forming his face. “You don’t seem to be happy to see us.”

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“We just want you back. We need you to chug down some businesses. You know, there’s this company that needed to go down because it’s hindering my company’s stability.”

 

“What if I don’t want to?”

 

“Then say goodbye to your precious princess.” He froze as he hears your involvement in this threat. He will never let you be involved in this. He already lost his brother and as much as he doesn’t want to leave you, if this is the consequence then he needed to follow orders.

 

“I don’t have a choice now, right? I will come with you but don’t. Ever. Touch. Her.”

 

“Of course we won’t but if you don’t comply with us then say goodbye to your princess and to yourself as well.”

 

‘I need to leave her. I need to stay away from her so she won’t get involved in this idiocy I’m into.’

--

You roll around your bed as you kept on thinking why Jongwoon hasn’t called you yet. You are worrying and panic is written all over your face. You keep on calling him but he never answered a call. You run downstairs and saw your brother watching a show. “Hae, I’m going out for a bit.”

 

“No sis. You stay here. It’s almost midnight! How would you expect me to let you go out in this time?”

 

“But-“

 

“No buts!”

 

Feeling helpless, you stomp your feet and went back to your room. You sigh and continued to call him but failed. “Why aren’t you answering my calls?!” You yell in frustration as you threw your phone on your bed. You lazily settle yourself on your bed and stared at the ceiling. You’re eyes are getting heavier and you’re about to sleep when a thought of Jongwoon with bruises crossed your mind. Your eyes instantly open wide and you sat

 

“Jongwoon-oppa, please be safe.”

--

The next day, Jongwoon didn’t attend classes which make you in a panic mode hundred times than last night. You call him after every class but you’re never successful to connect. You sigh in frustration as you are freaking worried about him. “Damn. Where are you oppa?”

 

For the next couple of days, Jongwoon never attended classes as well. You’re lifeless you makes your classmates feel worried and sorry. It’s not the first time they saw you frowning nor the first time they saw you angry but seeing you with no emotion at all and pale, all they did is to send a message to him and they even threaten him to come back already.

 

Like you, your classmates never received any reply from him. It’s funny how his phone is ringing but he’s not answering nor returning any call nor replying any message. It frustrates you even more that you know he’s just somewhere there but he’s too selfish to not even bother to call you and tell you what on earth is happening to him.

 

“I’ll check the attendance today.” Your professor declares. ‘Ah, Jongwoon-oppa is absent. I wish he won’t fail the subject because of his absences.’

 

You raise your hand when your name was called. You glance back at the window and watched the rain pouring. Your thoughts are disturbed when one classmate said, “Ma’am! You forgot to mention Kim Jongwoon.”

 

“Ah, Kim Jongwoon-ssi dropped out all his classes yesterday. He’s no longer attending this school.”

 

You abruptly stand which made all your classmates and your professor look at you. Your classmates are feeling sorry and your professor is confused. You didn’t let your professor finish what she’s going to say because you found yourself running out of the classroom.

 

You go to the registrar office and asked, “Is it true that Kim Jongwoon dropped out?” The lady in charge scans her files, “Ah, yes, just yesterday, he said that he’s going to transfer school.”

 

‘That idiot, did he just leave me? No way…’

 

The rain is pouring hard. You just have your bag and decided to cut classes for the entire day. You will go to Jongwoon’s place. You need to know what’s happening to him because right now, your heart is slowly breaking into pieces. Everything is too sudden. It’s too sudden that you don’t know what to react, what to say and what to do. As the sight of his house is seen, your heart is nervously beating so loudly. You’re nervous that he might not want to see you anymore. All the negative thoughts keep running inside your mind. ‘Damn, you will never leave me, right?’

 

You’re in front of his front door. You are about to knock when a guy opened it. “Oh. Hello. I’m looking for Kim Jongwoon. Is he there?”

 

The guy just stares at you blankly, more like thinking. “I’m sorry but I just moved in yesterday.” You blink a couple of times before asking him another question. You introduce your name and how are you related to him. “Oh, I think Kim Jongwoon-ssi has a letter for you.”

 

He tells you to go inside which you awkwardly agreed on. The place is a complete mess. There are boxes here and there. The guy runs towards you and handed you a letter. “Here. By the way, I’m Lee Hyukjae. Can you be my friend? I’m new in this neighborhood.”

 

“Uh, thank you Hyukjae-ssi and sure, we can be friends.”

 

“Really? Thanks! Oh, you should read the letter now. I remembered that he told me it’s very important.”

 

You look at him, he’s smiling. Somehow, the heavy feeling in your chest slightly lightens. “O-okay.” You read the letter and right then and there, you cried.