Part 12

My Super Girl

“They’re gone.” Hyukjae cups your face, wanting to see if you stopped crying already. “We should get going now. You know, that brother of yours will kill me if we stayed here a little more.” It then crosses both of your minds at how your brother, Donghae, the childish Donghae would nag him every single time you go home so late – thirty minutes after your classes end is his definition of ‘so late’. It’s been a routine for Hyukjae to walk you home and make you feel safe. But your brother needs to annoy the hell out of him every single time. He wants to have peace of mind just for once.

“Thanks Hyukjae.” You feel grateful that you have someone to lean on when you feel like no one is there for you. Of course, you always have your brother but a brother and a friend are different for you. Donghae tends to act like a parent since your parents are always away ever since that your company boomed big time while Hyukjae is a friend – someone you can count on every ups and downs and someone who will always want to stay by your side even though you’re at your worst.

You arrive home safely and didn’t mind to eat dinner. You want to be alone, reflect on the things you should do. ‘I wonder how I will ever get the chance to talk to him without him running away from me.’You pout, thinking so hard. ‘Maybe he’s just around the city! If he transferred schools then probably he’s in some university near this place.’ A plan then suddenly crosses your mind. ‘Ah, Jongwoon-oppa, I’ll find you soon.’

--

“Oh, Hyukjae-ssi. What are you doing here? Don’t you have classes?” Donghae inquires Hyukjae who is standing in front of their gate. “Err… Hi Hae. Where is she?” The latter asks nervously, praying that Donghae wouldn’t lecture him about anything especially when he did nothing wrong.

“She went out really early today. She said that there’ll be an MT (Membership Training) at school today.”

“Hm. That’s new. I never heard that the Music department would be having an MT. Besides, she’s not included in any clubs at school.”

“What are you implying? That my sister…” He pauses for awhile, realizing things. “What the. That idiot.” Donghae curses as he apprehends that you lied to him and all those crazy ideas flashed in his mind that you might run away from home, you might go to another country to forget your Jongwoon, you might be kidnapped and some more irrelevant nonsense. You have the money; after all, your family is rich. He could only blame himself if those thoughts would happen. He might as well die. “Yah! Hyukjae!! Where do you think you’re going?” He calls Hyukjae but the latter is already halfway away from him.

--
89 missed calls
32 unread messages


From: Hyukjae-ssi
I’m outside your house. Come out quick! I don’t wanna be late again. :(

From: Donghae-oppa
YAH! WHERE ARE YOU? ANSWER MY CALLS YOU UNGRATEFUL GIRL!!!

From: Donghae-oppa
ANSWER THE FREAKING CALL!!!

From: Hyukjae-ssi
Where are you? I could go with you if you want to go somewhere.

From: Donghae-oppa
YOU ARE SO DEAD WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!

From: Donghae-oppa
I’ll haunt you down sister. I’ll haunt you down.

From: Donghae-oppa
YAH!!!

From: Hyukjae-ssi
Don’t make me worry. I need you to reply! Plus, your brother is being crazy when he realized that you lied to him.

From: Hyukjae-ssi:
Hey?


You chuckle as you read the messages they sent you. ‘Both of them are going insane. Their messages tell it all.’ You pull out your phone charger because the battery is almost dead. You think that they don’t need to fret too much. It’s just a three days break from school or more like skipping classes so you could execute your plan of searching for your long lost Jongwoon.

Calling: Donghae-oppa
Answer | Reject


You stare at your phone, battling whether to answer it or not but the part that says you need to take a break from all the nagging and all won so you rejected the call. You open your laptop and browse through the list of universities near Seoul including the cities next to it. ‘Uh… This is going to be never ending. How could I possibly trace where in these universities is he?’ You stare at it for a second, thinking whether to email the registrar’s offices first or call them out. You decide to email the ones who are far from the hotel you’re staying. You get your phone back and began dialing numbers to inquire about Kim Jongwoon. ‘This is going to be a long day.’

--

Jongwoon is trying to focus on his assignments when the face of Hyukjae crosses his mind again. The way he glared at him makes him ponder that he never wants to be treated the bad guy but he also choked while trying to finish his snack when he remembered that face – the guy who moved in his old apartment. ‘He gave the letter to her, right?’

“Yesung-ah!”

“Oh. Hey.”

“Staring at space again hm? You know, you’re getting weirder and weirder.”

“Uh, thanks? I get that a lot.” He sarcastically replies which pisses off Leeteuk a bit but shrugged it off anyway. “Hyung, can you do me a favor?”

“Shoot.”

“Can you stalk her for me? I’m really worried that she might not be safe. You know that she’s so careless at times. She doesn’t think right at times. I’m worried that she’s not taking care of herself.”

“Stupid. I told you just go back and get her right? Why won’t you listen to me?”

“It’s not easy.” Jongwoon glances at Leeteuk who is staring intently at him. He shoves his papers in the side while Leeteuk watches him. “I’d rather die than get her back hyung.”

“Why? You just need to mess up and they’ll throw you out.”

“I can’t mess up. I don’t want to lose another person in my life. As much as I want her to be happy with me, I’d rather wish for her to be without me.”

“You lost her now already so what the heck are you saying ‘I don’t want to lose another person in my life’? If you don’t want to lose her then fight for it and do you think she’d be happy continuing her life when the person she loves the most, which is you I suppose, broke up with her through a sadistic letter and kept running away from her without proper closure of the relationship. Ah, I get it, you want her to be happy without you, yes, and the way you’re doing it will totally make her happy.” Leeteuk says mockingly. “You’re lucky that a person like her still wants you after what you did to her. You’re lucky that despite the situation you’re in right now, she still runs after you.”

 


Dear Readers,

Hi there. I'm sorry for not updating quite often. You see, I have three on-going chaptered fan fictions and it's taking forever to finish writing one chapter. But I will be trying my best to update at least once or twice a week from now on. :) This will not end soon. It's going to be longer than I expected it to be. I appreciate the comments below and it really makes me smile. haha! Anyway, thank you for still subsrcibing and commenting. I hope the story isn't boring though. :P

Love lots,
Rielle