Part 18

My Super Girl

 

You walk out of your house with Donghae trailing behind you. You suddenly stop because you are surprised by Jongwoon. He’s been waiting for you, to walk you to school just for this day. He puts a lot of effort to make time for you once every two weeks or so. You happily skipped towards him.

“Did you miss me?” He asks, smiling. The smile that makes you fall for him more. It’s such a beautiful smile. “Yes. I miss you a lot.” He slowly reaches for your hand and held it tight. “Let’s go?” You nod with a smile as you hold on to him tighter.

“Hae! I don’t need a ride to school anymore. Jongwoon’s here.”

“Eh?” He looks at you for a second. He sees Jongwoon and shrugged. “Okay then. Take care little sis.” You two happily walk together to your school as Donghae watches the two of you. When you’re two blocks away from your home, he suddenly speaks up. “Hyukjae, come out now.”

Hyukjae is startled. He doesn’t know how Donghae knew that he’s there, hiding. He shows himself and sighs. He stands next to him and stares blankly at the street. “I didn’t know that you’re stupid Hyukjae.”

“Yah! I am not.”

“Yeah right. You could have at least tried to make her forget about Jongwoon but you choose to help her find him instead and now, you can’t even get close to her when he’s there.”

“It’s awkward and I just don’t want to lose her and our friendship just because I like her besides she loves him so much.”

“You didn’t even try. So, friendship is definitely more important than love for you monkey boy.” Donghae simplifies. He is so sure that Hyukjae is someone who would be more of a friend than an actual boyfriend. He wouldn’t mind being a friend to you for the rest of his life because based on his conversations with him; he’s too scared to be left behind. Hyukjae knows that he’ll choose friendship over romantic relationships any day because he truly values those people around him especially when he’s already too attached to lose those persons.

--

You never thought that a moment like this would be so wonderful – you and Jongwoon are walking side by side, holding hands, hearts beating for each other.

“Why don’t you skip your classes and go on a date with me?” He whispers. You chuckle at how endearing he is. He looks as if it’s a crime for asking you to go on a date. “Why are you whispering?”

“Nothing…” He turns his face away, startled at the sudden closeness because you turned to face him right after he whispered and the close proximity, your lips are so tempting that he might lose his mind and do something really bad. He blushes at the thought of having some y time with you.

You notice that he’s spacing out and blushes deep red. “Yah. Stop thinking dirty thoughts!” He is shocked to hear that from you. “Don’t read my mind!” He shrieks, guilty. You just laugh there at how entertaining he is.

“So you really are thinking of those!” You tease and he instantly apologizes. You suddenly lean closer and give him a peck on the lips which surprises him for the third time. “You’re too adorable. Come on, let’s go on a date. I’ll ditch class for you.” You smile and pull him towards the bus stop.

--

Jongwoon buries himself in his shared room with Leeteuk. He plans out everything to make that company go bankrupt or be destroyed completely. He hates that a family might be broken and miserable once his proposal succeeds but he cannot worry about that anymore. He needs to be freed from this insane hell. Just this once, one last company, he will be free.

Leeteuk watches him in awe as he typed furiously on his laptop. He observes how amazing Jongwoon could focus on his work after he saw you, how dedicated he is to be with you again without any anxiety that something might happen. He unconsciously smiles to himself, proud that his friend wants to change and live a happy life with you instead of running away. He sits by Jongwoon’s side, scanning through the company’s profile. To his horror, he instantly shoves the paper to Jongwoon’s face.

“Hyung! I don’t have time to fool around!” Jongwoon whines as he took the paper from Leeteuk. “Oh. I haven’t seen this. Where did you get it?”

“I thought you’re smart Yesung-ah… You didn’t even bother to know about the company’s owners?! I think you should have read this first before making your decisions!!”

--

“Hae. What’s with the suit?” You yawn as you made your way to the kitchen, only to find a fish in his corporate attire. You look at him, amazed. “You look great.”

“Yah. How many times do I have to tell you that you should call me oppa? This kid.” Donghae cries as he placed your breakfast on the table. “Thanks by the way. Dad will be back today from Japan. There will be a very important meeting in our company so I’m required to attend.”

“Oh…” You are impressed that your brother is taking responsibility of his position in your company now. Both of you let your parents be in charge of the company because you don’t want to be involved and just have to mind your stressed-free life. But seeing that Donghae is taking a new step towards being a full grown man, you smile. “Good luck then… oppa.”

Donghae stops eating as he abruptly goes to you. The next thing you knew, you are being enveloped in a bear hug. “Oh come on. I need to live!” You hiss as you tried to push him away from you. He is just happy that you finally called him ‘oppa’ – a very big deal for the childish Donghae.

--

“Right. We’ll go there now. Yes. I’m sure-”

“Mr. Kim!” The secretary’s voice is heard all over the room. Jongwoon walks in furiously that he didn’t even bother to listen to the secretary.

“I’ll get back to you in awhile. Okay. Bye.” The man hangs up and places the phone down. He tells his secretary to let the boy and he stares at Jongwoon for a second before asking his concerns.

“You are asking me why? Are you playing with me?! Do you want me to go lose my mind for real?? Isn’t Kangin enough for you and you want to lose me too?! Don’t you have a heart?!” He shrieks. He doesn’t even know why he still respects the man or why did he even thought he still cares for him. He doesn’t even know what to do anymore after being manipulated ever since.

“What are you talking about Jongwoon-ah?”

“Don’t call me by my real name! Mom only has the right to call me that!” He yells at him. The man is flustered.

“You are being childish.” He walks towards Jongwoon and slowly reaches for him. Jongwoon flinches in an instant and moved backwards. “Jongwoon-”

“You are evil. You know that I love her so much that you used her to threaten me and return. Now that I am so willing to ruin one last company, I’m going to find out that it’s theirs! Why? Why are you like this?! I thought you still at least have that little love for me! I am your son. Damn it!”

The man draws back after hearing those words from him. He takes another step to reach his son but the latter keeps moving away from him. “Jongwoon-”

“Don’t call me that!!! I don’t care anymore! If you dare touch her and her family or their company, I’ll kill myself.” With that, he runs away leaving a guilty man inside the room.


 

 

Surprise? Don't hate me! *hides*