Part 8

My Super Girl

Hyukjae panics the moment he saw you sank on your knees, crying helplessly on the floor. “Ah, hey? Don’t cry! Omo!” He rushes towards your side and patted your back, comforting you with all his might. “Aigoo, I never thought I would see a girl crying like this.”


You ignore his statements. You keep asking yourself, ‘Why must he leave me?’ Hyukjae helps you to stand and guided you on his couch. Your tears continue to fall and he just stayed by your side. You mumble, “He won’t leave me, right? He’s joking. He promised me he won’t leave me.” Then slowly, you fall asleep on Hyukjae’s embrace.

On the other hand, the still panicking Hyukjae doesn’t know what to do. “Don’t worry. I won’t leave you.” He guided you to lie down on his couch while his curiosity wanders around the letter you just received. He picks it up and read it.

I’m sorry I have to leave you like this. There are things I need to choose and the choices include the relationship or your safety. I need to go now before something worst might happen to you. You’re so precious that I’ll die if I saw you being involved with something you’re not supposed to be. Trust me; I’ve seen worst and I don’t want anything like that to happen ever again. I’m sacrificing the relationship and chose your safety even though I know for sure you’ll choose the other way since you’re my stubborn super girl. Let me say this once again before I completely leave, I love you so much. Thank you for staying by my side even though I’m a burden to you most of the time. Right now, I just want you to move on and be happy even though you’re not with me anymore. 

Let’s break up.

- Jongwoon

 

“So Jongwoon was his boyfriend. She said that Jongwoon is a friend. Poor girl.” He glances at you and saw you sleeping peacefully. Right then, he finds himself clutching his heart. ‘His super girl eh? But why does it feel like she’s the one who needed to be protected?’

--
 
“This is funny Yesung! You’re actually taking up music? Seriously?” Jongwoon just ignored the guy’s comments and continued to mind the line for his admission to his new school. “I mean, you’re freaking genius with strategies and planning! You should have taken up business management or some business related courses!” The guy exclaims but he just keeps on ignoring him. ‘Don’t they get it? I’m avoiding them. That is why it never crossed my mind to take up those courses. Music is definitely the right course for me. Well, at first, I really didn’t like to take that up but after being with her, everything changed. Music makes me happy.’

“Hey! Talk to me!”

“Just shut up, will you?”

“Yah! I’m older than you!”

“I don’t care! Just shut up! Or I will push you off a building or I’ll let you get lost in this city!”

The guy finally shuts his mouth and just patiently waited for their turn to enroll.

 
--
 
His voice is echoing inside your head. ‘I’m leaving you now. Don’t look for me anymore.’ ‘Why are you doing this to me? Yah! Jongwoon-oppa!’ You try to run after him but you’re frozen in your place. You keep on shouting for his name yet he’s slowly fading away. ‘Oppa! Don’t leave me. DON’T LEAVE ME!’

You abruptly sit up and panted hard. You startle Hyukjae who is busy arranging the boxes. “Ow. Ow. Ya- hey, are you okay?” He suddenly rushes towards your side, gently patting your back. Your tears begin to fall once again. “It’s a dream?”

“What dream?” He asks, confused.

Then reality hit you. The dream occurred actually had happened and Jongwoon really did leave you. “Why must he leave me?” You ask no one. Hyukjae just stares at you worriedly. You notice the time and quickly bid goodbye. “I’m sorry for causing you trouble. I should leave now.”

“Ani, it’s okay. Should I walk you home?”

“No need. Thank you for your time.” You bow and was about to go out but Hyukjae suddenly pulls you in an embrace. You are shocked, so shocked that you wanted to push him away but you didn’t. “I’ve been through your situation before so trust me it’ll be hard but I promise you, even though we just met today, you can always count on me if you need someone to talk to.”

You space out as you walked home as you cannot understand why would Hyukjae care that much. Then you see your brother waiting for you outside. You inhale and exhale to relax your mind and heart but failed as soon as Donghae pulled you in his embrace, you just wanted to cry. “Aigoo, let’s go out for a drink! It’s my treat okay?”

“Hae, I don’t feel well.”

“You’re heartbroken. I get it but please, let’s go out.” Donghae tries to persuade you a little more using his puppy eyes. You just sigh and there’s a desire to smack his head because he’s acting childish again. “Come on!”

The next thing you knew, you are inside his car and you two are driving somewhere far. You look at the window and memories of the two of you together flashed in your mind. ‘I can’t understand what’s happening.’

“Hey sis. Are you giving up on him?”

“Huh?”

“Your relationship with Jongwoon, are you giving it up?”

“How did you know?”

“I talked to Hyukjae-ssi earlier. I called and he answered it since he said you were sleeping. Then he told me about the letter…”

“Oh…”

“So, are you going to give up just like that? If you give up then what have you done with my sister? My sister is supposed to be protecting the person he loves right?”

You are thinking what Donghae wants you to do. Then it hit you. You should find Jongwoon first and asked what’s happening. Donghae’s right. You cannot give up the relationship regardless of whatever reason there is. You love him so much and you know he’s feeling the same.

“No Hae. I will never give him up. No matter what it takes, I won’t give up.” You say firmly and Donghae smiled in victory. ‘That’s my sister. I’ll support you in this.’

 

Thank you for reading! ^^