Part 22

My Super Girl

After that lunch appointment, you and Jongwoon are left alone in the restaurant. He asks you to sit next to him which you gladly accepted. He wraps his arms around your waist as he nuzzled his head to your neck. “Did you know that I almost fainted earlier? My heart is so ready to break into pieces because I thought I might marry someone else but when I saw your dad, I was really surprised and relieved at the same time.”

 
“Same case for me. My dad told me that I need to be nice to his business partner’s son because of possible marriage plans. I was inside the rest room for fifteen minutes, thinking of running away from here. I’m glad my instinct told me to stay because it was you and your dad.” You both laugh because everything seems to be in their proper places now. 
 
--
 
“Hyung! Practice more!” Jongwoon nags for the first time at Leeteuk. “Come on. You cannot mess up!”
 
“Give me a break. The song is so short yet I need to sing it with you? Why?” Leeteuk whines. They are on their way to your house for a surprise visit. Of course, they need a little help from Hyukjae just to make sure you wouldn’t go somewhere else.
 
‘Inhale. Exhale.’ He chants in his mind as a few more blocks, they’ll be in front of your house already. He checks his gifts once more before going back to nag Leeteuk. “Are you ready hyung?”
 
“Of course!” He proudly claims. “I want this to be a memorable one for her.” Jongwoon mumbles as he tightens his grip on the tiny box and flowers. “We’ll do well. Don’t worry. Let’s go!”
 
On the other hand, you are seriously confused as to why is Hyukjae distracting you with some nonsense. He suddenly shows up to your house with a sad story of rejection. He fakes a cry about being rejected by a certain girl when he doesn’t even tell you when and how it happened. Oblivious that he is actually referring to you, you continue with your confusion though you comfort him in a way by patting his back and saying, “It is fine Hyukkie. There are a lot of fishes in the sea. You’ll get over it.”
 
Hyukjae chokes to your advice yet he continues to get attention, not only from you but from your brother as well. He finds it amusing at how you just rejected him indirectly because of his own stupidity. After some time, the three of you are eating ice cream together because you suggested that for him to forget things, he needs to eat sweets. You are absorbed in the cartoons you are watching when some weird noise outside your house catches your attention.
 
“Are you hearing something?” You ask but the two guys just shrugged and proceeded on watching.
 
‘Test. One. Two. Three. Ah.’
 
“I swear I’m hearing things.” You tell them as you approached your front door only to find your Jongwoon and Leeteuk standing outside your gate with microphones in their hands. They tune down the sound of the microphone so that they wouldn’t disturb the whole neighborhood.
 
“Hello.” Jongwoon shyly greets you. You tilt your head and you pout a bit. ‘Aigoo. So cute!’
 
“What are you doing?” You inquire, still unaware on what’s happening. “We’re going to sing a song for you. Isn’t that great?” Leeteuk exclaims.
 
“Now? It’s like uh, ten in the evening.” You tell them. You are actually anticipating what’s up with the two of them. You pout adorably as you waited for them to just start singing. And Jongwoon is fighting the urge to run to you and pinch your cheeks.
 
The door opens, you come in
I knew it was you
You walk to me and show your face
It is so beautiful
 
Jongwoon reminisces of the first time he saw you. You are like an angel sent from above. He chuckles inside his mind as he remembered the time when you hissed those high school bullies because you cannot take it when someone is being harassed. He ponders on what are your thoughts about him that time. ‘Maybe she thinks I’m seriously frail and stupid.’ But regardless of that funny first meeting, he is so thankful that you care for others because if not, there’s nothing like this ever happened to him.
 
My heart is beating
You have taken my heart
I will tell you now
I will be brave
 
It isn’t that hard to fall for you because you’ve been so kind and caring. Although you are quite scary at times, that didn’t stop him from admiring you. It didn’t take long until he realizes that he’s been falling. So he decided to take a step forward and confuse you a little. ‘Friendship over love? Should I take the risk? What if she didn’t like me back?’ He thought of it so many times until he comes up with the idea of indirectly asking you. If it ever affected you then maybe he’ll get a chance. After all, you are one of the best things that ever happened to him.
 
May I love you now?
This is my first time
I don’t want to miss it
Because love has arrived
I will do my very best
 
After his mom and his brother left him alone to this cruel world, he found you. Right after he thought he lost everything, you came. All he wants to do is spend each day, loving you. He tried hard to forget his past just so he can make you happy in his arms. He just wants to love you and be with you. Nothing else would matter as long as he has you.
 
It looks familiar
My heart is beating
You have taken my heart
There were so many cries and tears
But I finally met you
 
You stare in his eyes as he continued to sing. His voice and the lyrics of the song are echoing in your mind. You unconsciously smile as you thought the same things that happened in the past. You admit that you had a hard time handling your emotions all throughout your entire journey of saving your love but everything comes with a price, isn’t it? There may be hindrances and troubles before but everything is settled now, right? After all the sacrifices and the tears, he is standing in front of you and both your hearts are at peace.
 
May I love you now?
This is my first time
I don’t want to miss it
May I love you?
 
As the song ends, he slowly takes a step towards you. You are standing there, looking forward to whatever might happen. You keep your smile on your face because it’s just the best way to react on this bliss you are feeling. “You really have a great voice. And you too, Leeteuk-oppa.”
 
Leeteuk mouths a ‘thank you’ as he signaled Hyukjae and Donghae to leave you two alone for a second. Jongwoon sees the coast is clear so he handed you the bouquet of red roses. “You are being romantic. What’s up?” You ask but he remained silent. He is actually nervous but he cheers himself in his mind to just do it. He leans closer to you as he pressed his lips softly towards yours. He pulls away and stares in your eyes. He opens the tiny box as he reaches for your hand. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You know that I love you so much right? Will you marry me?”
 
A tear escapes your eye and he wiped it away. You are pleased, very pleased that he finally did it. You envelope him in a hug as you whispered to him. “I do. I will marry you.”
 

The song is called May I Love You (OST for Lovers in Paris). I saw a Yesung/Leeteuk version. They sang a part of it on Kiss the Radio. Just click the link if you want to listen to it. ^^ Btw, forgive me and my fluff (if you consider this chapter as fluff). It's been a while since I last write fluff. I've been enjoying angst more than fluff lately. I hope you liked it. I'll update the last chapter as soon as I'm done writing it. (spoiler -- I will not write the wedding part because it's hard. I am not good at it so I'm skipping it. I hope it'll be fine with you guys.) I still can't believe that I wrote something this long. haha! My Taemin/reader fic is seriously shorter than this. hahaha! Thank you for reading.