Part 1

My Super Girl

You are on your way to your school when you saw a guy being bullied by some mean kids in a dark alley. It is quite odd to see that he just let the kids bully him like that. You assume that those kids are in their high school years, probably seniors since they are all wearing the same uniform from your high school before. They start to push the guy and they mess with his things. The guy just stood there more like waiting to be rescued. You cannot take it anymore when one kid punches him hard on his stomach.


“Yah! Stop that!” You yell and all eyes are now looking at you. They eyed you from head to toe as one kid begins to come to your direction. You don’t feel nervous at all since you know martial arts and you can perfectly defend yourself from harm. You might be skinny and you might be a girl but you’re strong and brave. The kid touches your face and he leans closer to you, you didn’t hesitate to kick him hard. He falls on the ground with fright in his face. You take a step forward and they ran all their might away from you. You smirk at them, trying to hold your evil laugh. “Kids these days are crazy.” 

Suddenly, you remember the guy. You walk towards him, helping him to gather his things. He looks at you with confusion and you did the same thing. You think, ‘why didn’t you defend yourself?’ You know that he can surely beat those kids since he doesn’t look weak at all.

After you gathered all his things, he looks straight in your eyes. Those eyes are so deep and you feel that you are trap in his gaze. “Thank you.” He mutters and bows. He doesn’t seem fine and you remember that he was punched in his stomach a while back. “No problem but are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine.” He limps. He thanked you once again and he leaves. Your eyes follow his figure and you begin to walk in the same direction as him. You wonder about him and why was he bullied earlier. You ask yourself questions like, ‘what did he do to make those bullies mad?’ and ‘why didn’t he fight back?’Then you bump on something or rather on someone. You look up and saw the guy from before. “Are you stalking me?” He inquires with a serious tone. You raise an eyebrow, still registering his question in your mind. “Why would I do that?”

“Well, because you think I’m weak, that I can’t defend myself so you’re following me.”

“Okay, there are two things wrong in your statement. First, I don’t think you’re weak and secondly, I’m not following you.” You glare at him. Of course you are not stalking him. Why would you? Even though he’s quite handsome. You pause for a second and you look at his face. ‘Okay, scratch that, he’s indeed handsome but still!’

“Then are we going in the same university perhaps?”

“If you’re going to Seoul University, then we’re schoolmates.” You say and he smiled. ‘Oh my gosh! He smiles! Wow, his smile is so beautiful.’ You are captured by his smile and actually forgetting that you’re late for class.

“Oh no! I’m late!” You yell and you unconsciously dragged him with you. The two of you run as fast as you could to make it in your class on time. When you reached your classroom, your face flushed red while you try to catch some air and you realize that you are actually holding his hand tight. You awkwardly look at him and you saw that he is staring at your hands. You slowly pull your hand off his and your eyes met his eyes. You uncomfortably bow your head as you said sorry for dragging him like that.

“I’m actually a transfer student and it seems like we’re in the same class.” He says, more uneasily after looking at the room number of your classroom.

You enter your room and unfortunately, your professor started the class already. All eyes on you and you can hear whispers from your classmates. Your professor was about to scold you but then he defends you. “Ma’am, she helped me awhile ago because I was lost.” Your professor let you two go to your seats and she continues her quite boring lesson.

Your eyes are threatening to fall and you are trying so hard not to sleep in class. The guy beside you is eagerly listening to the lesson and you notice that he’s somewhat a nerd but too good-looking for a nerd. He doesn’t wear those thick glasses and his fashion sense is pretty much impressive. After that class ends, some of your classmates walk towards him and made fun of your seatmate.

“You don’t look like a nerd. Hmm, but you look weird.” They say bad things to him and insulted him. You aren’t surprise that he’s not doing anything since he just kept on looking at his desk as he arranges his things.

“I don’t think it is right to mock a student. You should stop it before I get mad.” You say calmly and they all glared at you. You just smile innocently and walked towards the guy. “You know, if you want to survive in this class, you better have the courage to defend yourself. I’m not always here to protect you.” You walk out of the room since you have different class.

As you walk along the corridors, you feel that someone is following you from behind. You turn around and saw the guy from before. It’s your turn to ask if he’s stalking you but then you remembered that he might have same classes as you.

You call him and asked for his schedule. He hands his schedule to you and you saw that you have the same classes for the whole semester. You mentally face palmed yourself. You thought of you being a bodyguard of this guy for five months. You sigh as you return his schedule and you asked him to follow you around. There’s an awkward silence between the two of you as you walk towards your next class. You can’t stand it so you decide to start a quite decent conversation with him. ‘Well, it’s better to be friends with him if I’m going to be protecting this guy from now on.’

When you reached your next class, you find out that his name is Kim Jongwoon. You are both in your sophomore year in college and you two are both taking up music. You wouldn’t be surprised if his voice is heavenly because from the looks itself, he is like an angel but more of the weird one. He’s like the type of guy who wouldn’t do mean things to others. And you concluded that it might be the reason that he doesn’t fight back when he got bullied twice today.