CHAPTER 9-ENCOUNTERS

The Vampire Coven

I get dressed and headed downstairs. Helen's already called me twice.

'Aerith, where're you going?' Chester asked.

'Shopping?' he burst out laughing. 'Aerith? you?'

'Shopping is not my thing, right, right. I'll be back at 9 pm.' i said. He still laughing.

'Don't buy a heels! you'll hurt yourself!' he screamed. i rolled my eyes.

Helen's buy too much thing. Mostly, her paper bag is full of cosmetic and clothes.

'Are you not gonna buy anything?' she asked. We're standing at the pedestrian.

'No, i'm good.' i nodded. 'Okay, so i'll see you tomorrow?'

'I want to grab some drink, you want to come with me?'

'No, i'll just headed to home.' she walked toward her car and i walked into a cafe. I wanted some drink.

i sits near the window, facing the busy streets. i ordered myself a cappuccino. i checked my cellphone, 9.05 pm. Chester must be angry with me.

The woman that take my order came to me. 'Excuse me, sorry we've got a little problem. Can you waited for a little while? The machine's screwed up so we have to prepare your drink a little late.'

'It's okay, take your time.' i smiled at her. She's running to the kitchen. i just sitting quietly.

After a few minutes, she came again. 'Here's your cappuccino.'

'Thank you.' i slurped my drink. A few minutes, i left the cafe. i walk outside.

I started the engine. But it won't start. I tried again but it's still the same result. i sighed. I looked at the meter, oh great the tank is empty. How clueless i am.

I waited beside my car. I catch a cab. I looked out the window. Then, the cab stopped.

'What's wrong?' i asked the driver. 'I think i hit someone.' he opened the door.

'Seriously? in one night?' i muttered while reminded myself about what happen this morning until now. i opened the door.

I looked at the road, it's nothing. There's no single car or people on the road. Trees are on my left and right. It's really dark.

i turn around and see a pale guy was standing far away behind the driver. The driver's turn around. Suddenly, he's right in front of him and bit his neck. He's growled and the man's makes a choking voice. He's dead. The man's looks satisfied. His red eyes terrified me. i run into the cab. I was about to opened the door but he threw me on the ground. My back hurt so much. He's running toward me but someone pushed him away. It was L.

i gasped and i stood up. He's struggling with him. He threw L's body on the cab. The front mirror was cracked. L growled. He makes me creepy. He choked L. L pushed him and climbed his body. He put his hands at his neck. Then, he pulled it. The head was detached from the body. I gasped.

L stared at the body. He put the driver's body ito the cab. He left the pale guy's body on the road. He looked at me.

'Get in the car.' he opened the door for me.

'What about that?' i pointed at the pale guy's body.

'We'll take care of it.' i wonder who is 'we' he's talking about.

I feel really weird when he drove the cab with the cracked mirror. he drive me home. i didn't thanked him instead i was immediately running into my house when he wanted to stop the car. He startled.

'Aerith, what's wrong?' Chester looked at me. i rushed upstairs and locked myself in my room. i peeked on the window, he bow his head. I feel guilty.