Chapter 1

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

 

 

It was early in the morning. All students were crowded in the cafeteria, in the hall and along the corridor. They were chatting and laughing with each other while waiting for the bell to ring. Suddenly, a boy was walking along the hallway, making all the students silent. He was heading to the rooftop with his face on. He was known as the ‘Cold Prince’ in the school. He was cold to everyone until nobody dared to talk to him or approach him. He never shows his warmth side to anyone except his family and friends…..His close friends.

He walked to a table and sat on a chair. He stared at the sky with poker face. Suddenly, he felt someone’s hands on his shoulder. He looked up behind him and saw Chen smiled softly at him.

“Hey Kris!”

“Hey Chen.” He smiled back softly. Only his family and friends who can see his another side. Just them who can see his happiness, sadness, tears and his warmth smile.

“Do you get a good sleep, yesterday?”

“Same as usual, Chen. I just got 3 hours sleep.” He sighed softly. Chen patted and squeezed his shoulders gently. “Just be patient. Take some rest in the evening if you can’t rest at night.”

“Yeah. I think like that too.. Where are the others?”

“Tao with Xiumin at the cafeteria while Lay and Luhan at the library. Our another half, I don’t know. Somewhere out there maybe?” He chuckled a little. Kris sighed.

“Seriously Chen, I missed our another half so much. We haven’t meet them for a long time now. I wonder, is Suho fine taking care of the? You know….”

“I know them well, Kris…Especially Sehun and Kai.. They’re sooooooo childish! Poor our Suho!” They laughed together while staring at the skies. They never meet with each outher since they enter the high school. They’ve been very good friends since they’re 4-5 years old. Even their almost 2-4 years, they still have a good relationship with each other. They called themselves as EXO.

“And I wonder Kris, how Sehun’s life without Luhan?”

“Terrible maybe! I remember when Luhan and Xiumin go to the grocery shop, leaving him behind. He cried because Luhan left him! Haha!” They laughed again when they remember about Sehun. That time, he’s still 7 years old while Luhan was 11 years old. He’s so clingy to Luhan until he don’t want to stay away from his beloved hyung.

“Hey Kris, did you heard about their news? Sehun and Kai already graduated from their high school and that’s mean they will transfer back here and attend the same Academy with us.”

“Really? That’s good then.”

“Yeah ! I can’t wait for that moment!”

Suddenly the bell rang. Chen and Kris groaned.

“Argh! I hate this! Come on, let’s go to our class.” Chen said, getting up from his chair. Kris followed him and walked out from the rooftop, heading to their class.

In the class, Kris yawned then stared at the board blankly. Xiumin munched a bun without the teacher notice it while Luhan played with his phone. Kris turned to look at Lay, Chen and Tao. Lay was staring at the board but Kris knows, his mind was flying away. Tao was sleeping at the back while Chen was doing his note. Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrated. He looked down at his phone and saw a message from his father.

Dad [9:01 am] Kris. Please come back as soon as possible after your school. AS.SOON.AS.POSSIBLE.

He groaned a little.
‘What did he want seriously?’
He then quickly replied.

Kris [9:05 am] Okay fine. See you later.

He turned back to look at the board.
‘It’s gonna be a long day with my poker face today.’

After school, Kris quickly excused himself from his friends. Being the obedient son ever, he quickly drove to his home as soon as possible. When he arrived, he saw his parents waiting for him.

“Kris! You’re back!” His mother smiled at him while he just frowning.

“Ah Yeah..I’m back..So what’s up?”

“Nothing dear..Now go take some rest for awhile. We’re going to meet your father’s friend tonight for a dinner.” Mrs. Wu glanced at his husband for awhile before pushing Kris to his room.

“Don’t wake up too late. Get prepare before 7:30 pm. Now go!” Kris walked to his room while still frowning. He closed the door and jumped on his bed, setting his alarm clock to 7:00pm. He closed his eyes and takes a short nap.

 


 

You quickly ran to your house after your class finished. When you arrived, you saw your parents were sitting in the living room waiting for you.

“Eunkyung! Why you late? It’s 6:30 pm already!”

“Sorry omma. I got extra class today and suddenly my teacher asked me to do some group work..Sorry..”

“It’s okay..Now let’s go get prepare! Go take your bath, omma will choose your clothes.” Your mom said, pushing you to your room.

“Where are we going actually, omma?”

“To a dinner with your father’s friend. Now faster! Go, Go!” Your mom grabbed a towel then gave it to you. You took it and walked into the bathroom.

7:15 pm

“Omma…Why are we doing this?! Why I have to wear this make-up?!” You looked up at your mom who still busy applying some make-up on your face.

“You have to look pretty in front of them, sweetie. Bear with it..” You groaned a little. While your brother was happy with his friends at overseas, you stuck alone here with your parents.

“Omma, this is not fair! Why I must go with you and father to meet them?! Why I can’t be happy with my friends like Kyungsoo oppa?!”

“Do EunKyung! Your oppa not go to overseas to have fun. He goes to study. And be happy, he gonna transfer back here with his friends after Sehun graduated. And you! You have to go to the same school with them after you graduated too, full stop!”

“What?!” You widened your eyes like your brother.

“Yes, now shut up. We’re late already”

“Okay fine..”

 


 

“Kris, are you done?” His mom asked softly from the door. Kris turned to her and smiled softly.

“Done, mom..” She smiled back then approached him. She fix his tie a little.

“You’re handsome, my son. How’s your rest?”

“It’s fine mom.”

“Good. Now let’s go. We’re already late..”

“Alright..”

His mom walked out from his room. He glanced at the mirror for awhile before followed his mom. Along the way to the restaurant, Kris was so quiet as usual. He looked out the window and stared at the moon.

‘Why you shine so bright? It’s a bored night ever. There’s nothing to shine about. I hope there’s no girl there or it will be a long night for me with my poker face.’

When they arrived, the restaurant’s manager leaded them to VIP room. Kris sat beside his mom while his father sat beside his mom’s another side. Kris was bored so he texting his friends. Suddenly, he could sense the door was opened. He quickly got up and turned to the door.

“What the……” He muttered under his breath, putting his face on.

‘It will gonna be a long night…..Like….Seriously…’