GreenGardenPop

'Minty Sweetness' Graphic & Story Review Shop [closed]

Story link

Review by Val

 

Title [9/10]

I personally have seen a couple of stories with similar titles. However it's short, and gives in a little but not too much in the story and is in fact relevant to it.
Appearance [8/10]

Since the genre is fantasy, the poster of the first two chapters doesn't really give such a feeling. I find the one in the later chapters a lot more fitting to the story.
Description and Foreword [10/10]

I adore the description and the little poem in the foreword. They sound beautiful.
Characters [6/10]

Jiyeon's character is very ambivalent. I don't know if that was the point, but it's really confusing and odd seeing her reactions being so self-conflicting in the different chapters. Yoona's character isn't very widely unfolded, but she seems like a typical arrogant and perky middle-aged woman (which also describes many of the teachers today). Myungwoo and Myungsoo's characters couldn't be fully understood from the current 8 chapters, however from the little that is said they're very different, though Myungwoo was with one bit more nicely set out.

Plot [35/40]

The description of the actions and situations is really good. But I felt like in some places it was unnecesarily stretched. Also some moments throughout the story were a little weirdly put (like the song in the 8th chapter), but I guess (and hope) they will be explained in later chapters. The plot is original and well interpreted, but as I said the long descriptions make it a little slow-going and somewhat hard to read.
Grammar and spelling [7/10]

Here are some things I noticed that bothered me as I was reading.

Chapter 1 - "along with the wind as it blew a bit harder" / "After finishing my usual morning routine" / "I'd often responded to the voice" / "which made him startled startled him"

Chapter 2 - "staring at my every move" / "He was dressed in a"

Chapter 3 - "and goose bumps were all over my arms" / "By the time I had finished" / "about a new teacher"

Chapter 4 - "I introduced a the new teacher"

Chapter 5 - "before my mom took takes me into the mental hospital" / "I have the good news" / "she hung up the phone up" / "whose voice was in my head was"

Chapter 6 - "whose voice is inside my head is" / "already came went home" / "tidying up my stuffs" / "I'm not a playgirl" / "what has had happened when you had just woken up"

Chapter 7 - "that had formed down in my throat"


Overall enjoyment [9/10]

The story is overall nice, and is able to keep one's attention despite the couple of shortfalls. It's perfect for readers who like a nice, not too dynamic story with a hint of enchantment.

Total [84/100]