JennieJenny

'Minty Sweetness' Graphic & Story Review Shop [closed]

Story link

Review by MeowX

 

Title [10/10]

Cheesy but cute title! Original and eye-catching~ ^^

Appearance [7/10]

The poster doesn't really suit the genre. The layout of the first few chapters could be changed to be the same as the later chapters. But otherwise, it's fine.

Description and foreword [8/10]

The description is pretty plain and can be more elaborated but it still tells the reader the main points of the story. You can work on elaborating it more.

Characters [9/10]

From what I know about the two groups, I think the personality in this fic suits their real life personality. It's constant, no sudden changes in personality.

Plot [35/40]

Fairly original plot but it is a little too rushed. Personally, I feel that one would not engage in any ual acts after dating for a month, but our thoughts might be different. One thing you have to take note of is that they are idols and YG artists tend to have a lot of fans, including sasaengs. When writing about idol fics, you have to know that fans play a very important role.

Grammar and spelling [6/10]

There are errors here and there. I'll list some of them out, though most of them are the sentence structure.

Chapter 1 | The Park sisters didn't really care about the knock[, since they thought it was probably going to be CL or Minzy.]

Chapter 5 | want - spelling error/typo; when writing a fic, please remember to proof read, and no short forms!

Chapter 10 | [I was] worried sick! - This was a part of Dara and Bom's convo.

Chapter 15 | We talked about my injury during dinner, while eomma and noona kept teasing me for being careless. - sentence structure

Chapter 20 | He doesn't love me anymore, [does he]?

Chapter 25 | Jiyong patted [me on my] back.

Chapter 30 | How i wish Jiyong [would] bring me out on a date.

And if you could, refrain from writing any korean words because the spelling is not that accurate. Example, it is 'mianhae' not 'mianhe' .

Overall enjoyment [7/10]

It's an enjoyable fan fiction, but the thought of the mother speaking so simply about TOP having , and how they asked for a live demo, is really... disturbing I would say.

 

Total [82/100]