--woaiexo

'Minty Sweetness' Graphic & Story Review Shop [closed]

Story link

Review by MeowX

 

Title [10/10]
Personally, Ii really like the title and it applies very well with the story description. The title is original; I can't find other stories with that title.

Appearance [9/10]
The poster and background suit the angst and fantasy genre, but the font size and the font itself is very inconsistent.

Description and foreword [9/10]
The description really sparked my interest, and the foreword gave off this cute fantasy feel. Though there were some grammatical errors, I would totally read this story if I chance upon it.

Characters [8/10]
Yoonhae gave out this very mature vibe, considering she is a ten year old and Luhan is unpredictable, the way I see it. One moment he can be like a confused child, and next he can be suddenly very protective of Yoonhae. Overall, I feel that the characters are a little too matured for their age, and it can get a little confusing.

Plot [35/40]
The idea is very original but I feel that the chapters are a little too short and there is a need to elaborate more on the emotions of the characters. The story is a little rushed at the end when Luhan is turning back into a flower, so that could be worked on.

Grammar and spelling [7/10]
For spelling, there were a few minor errors here and there but here are some of the grammatically wrong sentences, or sentences with wrong vocabulary use.

Chapter 1| Which [helps to] cleanse your body

Chapter 2| All of the girls [stopped talking suddenly], and focused their [attention onto] Luhan.

Chapter 6| The whole class burst into a round of sniggers.

Chapter 16| It was a nice place to roam around in without getting too lost, and you could still enjoy the nature.

Chapter 22| Why is Yoonhae not as happy as she used to be?


Overall enjoyment [9/10]
I really enjoyed this story, though I do not stan EXO in any way. It really captures the attention of the readers, and it is not cliche, which I greatly appreciate.

Total [87/100]