The Floating Rib

Why Does It Have To Be You?

Key’s POV:

My manager contacted me on my day off, to let me know that SM wanted me in their new group. Whoopee for me.

I of course accepted, and SM told me I didn’t have to come to the second round of auditions. I was already in. I could come however, if I wanted to see who else might be in the new five-person band.

I didn’t want to see them. Not before I had to. I was going to savor my last day of being a solo artist.

I knew of a bar that was close to my house. It was usually quiet and pretty empty, despite its high ratings. I decided that would be a good place to spend part of my day.

I entered the bar, called the Floating Rib. Weird name. There were only four other guys in the bar, watching some soccer game on the many TVs, and a bartender.

The bartender glanced in my direction when I walked in. According to his name tag, his name was Youngjae. He looked too young to be a bartender. I sat down on a stool by the bar.

“What can I get you?” asked Youngjae.

“I don’t know. Let’s start with a beer.”

“Gotcha,” he said and handed a cold Bud Light.

I started to drink it, and felt the presence of someone next to me. The stool next to me scraped against the floor, and a middle aged guy “umph”ed when he sat down, causing the stench of his alcohol-ridden breath reached my nose.

“Are you even legal?” the guy said, smirking.

I sighed. “If you must know, yes, I am. Would they give me drinks if I wasn’t?”

“Hm. Smart-. I like that. So, too much of a light weight to handle anything but a beer, princess?” He smirked again and leaned in really close to me.

“Ya! Byuntae! You’re drunk. Just stop now before you do something stupid,” Youngjae said as I leaned away from the creep.

“Come on sweetheart, just one kiss!” he said, puckering his lips and grabbing my face.

I squeaked and shoved him away from me. “YAH! Stay away from me creep!” I shouted.

“Oh, wanna play rough, princess?” he grinned from ear to ear, and came after me again. This time I punched him in the gut.

Now he was mad. He glared at me, and swung his fist blindly, missing me by about a foot, and almost losing his balance. I took the opportunity to shove him, hard. He staggered and fell into a table.

“Heyyyy that huuuurt,” he whined before collapsing and falling to the floor with a heavy thud.

My eyes widened, and I looked at Youngjae.

“You-you’re not going to call the police are you? I really can’t get into trouble right now!”

Youngjae grinned. “Wouldn’t even think about it. I might call the police on him though. The jerk deserved that. Good job!”

“Good job!” the other three guys in the bar said, clapping. Then they returned their attention back to the game, as if nothing had happened.

I let out a nervous chuckle. “Um.. I should probably go. I don’t want to cause you any more trouble.” I said, pulling out my wallet to pay for my drink.

“Nah man, it’s on me,” Youngjae smiled at me.

“Really?” He nodded. “Thanks.”

“No problem. Come back any time! Don’t worry, that guy’s never going to come back here,” he said, pointing at the still-unconscious lump on the ground. “I work from noon to seven by the way.”

“Thank you. I think I will come back! Thanks again!” I said, and walked out.

AISH. So much for ‘savoring’ my last day of my soloist career.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

A/N: Sooooo, sorry I couldn't post on Tuesday, I had finals and studying! But now school is over so I'm back on schedule.

Sorry that I had another creeper, this time with Key. SHINee is just not having a good week..... Hahaha it'll get better! I swear!!

Thank you so much for all the subscriptions!! We're well on our way to the goal I set!! I seriously didn't expect this many views already! *happy* I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm now working on a third story, one about EXO. It will probably be quiet a while before I start posting that one. My friend is co-authoring it too so they writing will be LOADS better than my other stories, cuz she is AWESOME!!!!

LINK TO MY FRIEND'S STORY!! READ IT!! <3 please~ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/460942/american-love-chokyuhyun-comedy-kyuhyun-romance-you-funny-kyuhyunandoc

sorry i don't know how to shorten the links sooooooo... :/

This week's spam is of BAP because Youngjae is HARDCORE.

 

 

seriously, look at this guy. HARDCORE. <3