Home

Why Does It Have To Be You?

JONGHYUN'S POV:

“Yah! Be careful!” I said, slipping my arm around Kibum’s slim waist as he stumbled. He sent a glare in my direction and tried to push my arm off.

“Jonghyun, I want to do this by myself!”

“What if you fall and hurt yourself? Just let me help you. Please?” I begged.

“No Jjong, I need to do this.” I sighed and pulled my arm back, but I held it out, so I could catch him if he stumbled again.

Kibum had just been released from the hospital. Although he allowed me to help him get into and out of the car, he insisted that he could walk back to our dorm by himself.

“Just let me carry you-”

“Jonghyun-”

“Fine.” Our progress was painfully slow, but I didn’t mind one bit. I was just happy that Kibum was okay, and he was finally coming home.

I walked ahead a few steps and opened the door, watching him closely to make sure he didn’t trip over the slight step into the building. He didn’t, but he noticed me staring.

“Yeobo, can you stop staring at me like I’m going to fall apart at any second? I’m okay now, you don’t need to worry so much.” He smiled softly.

I nodded slowly and lowered my eyes. We continued walking until we reached the elevators. A big sign with red lettering read OUT OF ORDER.

After a pause, Kibum sighed. “Oh well, looks like we’re taking the stairs! At least I can get some good exercise.”

“Oh no you’re not. I let you walk all the way here, I am NOT letting you walk up five flights of stairs!”

“Yes you are,” he replied stubbornly, his hands moving to rest on his hips, and his lower lip jutting out.

“No, I’m going to carry you. That is way too far for you.”

“Jonghyun, please..”

I thought for a minute. It couldn’t hurt to let him try a few stairs. I mean, I would be standing right behind him, so there is no way he could fall…

“Fine. But as soon as you get tired, I’m helping you.”

“Thank you. Now let’s go!” He began climbing the staircase. He made it up the first few steps without a problem, but he quickly slowed down. By the time we reached the second floor, he was panting and sweat was already beading on his forehead.

“Kibum, that’s enough-”

“NO! Just, just a couple more. I can do this. I can,” he breathed in between pants. “I will- crawl if I need to. Just let me…” I watched him, this time on his hands and knees, make it up a few more steps. I couldn’t take it anymore! I scooped him up carefully and began marching up the stairs.

“No! Put me down! I want to do it by myself!” He squirmed in my arms.

“No Kibum. You shouldn’t push yourself. You aren’t well enough yet.” He pouted and whined again, but he stopped fighting me.

We reached the dorm quickly, and I set him down gently in the doorway. As I shut and locked the door, he looked at me curiously. “Where are the others?”

“Oh, they had a photoshoot today, so they won’t be home until after dinner.”

He frowned deeply. “Why aren’t you at the photoshoot?” he asked.

“Because I stayed here to take care of you.”

“You didn’t need to! I don’t want you to miss anything because of me! I could have just called Eunhye or someone if I needed any help!”

“No, I wanted to stay with you! I love you, and I want to take care of you!”

He pouted again, but changed the subject. “So what do you want to do?”

“It doesn’t matter to me. You pick.”

“Um, I’m a little tired. But just a little! Do you want to relax on the couch with me and watch a movie?”

“I would love that.” I smiled and pulled him to the couch. He grabbed the remote and chose a movie at random. It happened to be one about a car accident. I had already seen it. The person survives, but just barely, and becomes paralyzed from the waist down. The whole movie is about her trying to get back to her normal life, without the use of her legs.

Kibum had never seen the movie before. He gasped and curled into my side when the car crashed.

“Hey, do you want to watch a different movie? I’ll change it-”

“A-ani! I’m okay…” He sounded as if he was going to cry. “I’m um, I’m going to go make some popcorn. Do you want any?”

“Nae,” I said, getting up and helping him to his feet. I started walking to the kitchen, but he stopped me.

“No, I can do it. It’s just popcorn, I don’t need help. Just stay here and watch the movie, okay?”

“Okay,” I said reluctantly, and plopped back down onto the couch. Turning my attention back to the tv, a doctor came on screen and faced the girl.

I’m sorry, but you will never be able to walk again. I sighed and flicked the mute button.

“AH!” Crash!!

“Kibum?!” I ran into the kitchen to see Kibum sitting on his knees, shattered glass surrounding him. “Kibum, are you alright? What happened?”

He began crying and balled up his fists in frustration. “I-I just wanted to make popcorn, but the bowl was s-so heavy and I-”

“Shh, it’s okay honey,” I cooed, lifting him up carefully from the halo of broken glass and carrying him to the couch. He buried his head into my chest as I pulled him into my lap.

“No it’s not okay! I can’t do anything! I can’t practice with you guys, I can’t exercise, I can’t climb stairs, I can’t even make myself some popcorn! I just, I feel so useless and pathetic and I hate it!” He broke down against my chest, quickly creating a large wet spot on my shirt. I understood that he needed to cry and be angry, so I just did my best to make him feel comfortable and safe as I rocked us back and forth.

“I- I’m s-sorry I’m so u-useless. I’m s-sorry for causing you to worry so much. I-I’m just so, so MAD! W-why did this have to h-happen? If I hadn’t fought you, if I had just-”

“No! Do NOT blame yourself! You never did anything wrong! If anything, it’s my fault. I’M the one with the crazy girl following me. I’M the one who fought back with you. I’M the one who told you to stop when you were in the middle of the road!” I fought hard to keep the tears from coming, but my vision blurred none-the-less. “It’s MY fault you ended up like this, you did nothing wrong!” I turned my face away from him so he couldn’t see that I was crying. I had to stay strong, for him.

After a few minutes of silence, a delicate hand gently cupped my cheek and pulled my head down to face him. His eyes were sparkling from the tears. “It’s not your fault either,” he whispered, and pulled me closer. He reached up and lightly pressed his chapped lips against mine, lingering for only a moment before pulling away and closing his eyes tiredly. “C-can you please carry me to my room?” he asked, wiping the last of the tears from his puffy eyes.

“Of course,” I said, and walked to his room with him cradled in my arms. I laid him down on his bed. “Sleep well, okay?” I bent over and kissed his forehead, and made my way towards the door.

“Y-you aren’t staying?” he asked, voice wavering.

“Do you want me to?”

He paused before nodding slightly. “Please?”

“Then of course I’m staying.” I carefully got on the bed and scooted close to him, pulling the covers over both of us and hugging him against me. He sighed somewhat happily, and his breathing soon slowed down and evened out as tiredness overcame him.

A while later, I heard the door unlock and whispers as the other members returned. I heard a small gasp, followed by the sound of sweeping, so I assumed they found the glass bowl.

Minho poked his head into the room.

“Is he okay?” he whispered, kneeling in front of Kibum and lightly the hair out of his hyung’s sleeping eyes.

“He will be,” I responded, and told him what happened. Minho nodded and turned his gaze towards Kibum.

“I don’t like seeing him like this, it kills me…”

“Yeah, I know how you feel,” I said, nuzzling my face into Kibum’s hair. He stirred a bit and I froze, but he just snuggled closer to me. Minho smiled slightly.

“I’ll let you sleep, and I’ll make sure no one comes in here until tomorrow, okay? I love you appa~” he said, leaning over and kissing my forehead. I smiled.

“Love you too son.” He chuckled.

“I love you umma. Get better soon, okay?” he said, shooting Kibum one last worried look before kissing his forehead and tiptoeing out of the room.
I sighed and looked down at the sleeping figure in my arms. “Nae, get well soon sweety. I love you...”




AN: I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG!!! I had the worst writers block EVA. Of course, for my other story, ideas are just flowing out of me, but this one is a bit harder...

I'm also sorry that after being gone for so long, I come back and give you this crap. Mianhae...

So Kibum is frustrated that he can't do anything, and Jonghyun is just glad he's home and safe, but he hates seeing Kibum hurting. Minho hates it too, especially since he sees it's also affecting everyone else, especially Jjong... Tae and Onew just aren't in this chapter because I really didn't have anything for them to say...

It's kinda weird for me right now, because I'm actually role playing as Key... (which is SOO fun btw) So if he starts becoming more and more feminine, that's why.... hehe?

I will hopefully have more ideas for this soon, but I'm not planning on it being very much longer... I'd say... 30 chapters max? (total, not left XD)

be prepared for some future 2min. muahahaaaaa

GO WATCH SHINEE'S EVERYBODY.

k bye.

p.s.: no spam today because my computer is being a and I'm pretty sure you guys don't care about the spams anyways sooo...

p.p.s.: Thank you for sticking with me and reading and subscribing and upvoting~ It makes me happy that people seem to somewhat like this story~ Saranghae! and to those who haven't upvoted... upvote if you like the story? Please? It would make me extremely happy~