Wow

Why Does It Have To Be You?

Jonghyun’s POV:

“You-you’re… KEY!” I said, amazed. “Kim Kibum!” I stared at him with my mouth wide open. He was one of my idols! He was probably the most well-known solo artist in Korea!

“Yah, close your mouth before you get drool all over my car,” Key said, keeping his eyes on the road. I clamped my mouth shut.

“H-how do you manage to go around town without fangirls getting you?” I asked.

“Well, it’s easy enough. Just get a disguise. My disguise worked on you, didn’t it? You didn’t know who I was until I took off the sunglasses and scarf.”

“Oh. Yeah, I guess.” Man I sounded like an idiot. I’m in a car, with my idol, and all I can do is gawk and ask stupid questions.

The rest of the ride to his apartment was in silence. Really awkward silence. Well, at least for me. He looked comfortable enough. He was even smiling. I couldn’t help but stare at him the entire drive, but he never so much as glanced at me until he had parked on the top floor of a parking garage.

“Come on,” he said, getting out of the car. He led to an elevator, which we rode for seven floors until we got to the eleventh floor.  We stepped out and walked the short distance to his door. Apartment number 1105.

Still in silence, Key unlocked the door and opened it, motioning me to go inside first.

“Whoa!” I whispered, walking into the spacious entryway. His place was huge!

“Welcome to my home,” Kibum said, sounding proud. “Shall I give you a tour?” He walked away before I could answer, and I followed him, trying to look at everything at once.

The whole place was black and white, with a few lime green accents. It was gorgeous! He led me through two bedrooms, a huge bathroom, with a bath AND shower, into the kitchen, dining room, and living room, and finally he showed me one of his many walk-in closets.

He gave the tour all too fast, not giving me enough time to really take everything in and admire his home. It was as if he really didn’t want me to know where everything was. He was very vague when he showed me stuff, saying things like, “this is my bedroom” and immediately moving on to the next room before I could get a good look.

After the tour was over, he guided me back to the spare bedroom and told me there were some extra pajamas in the top dresser drawer if I wanted to use them. I went and sat on the queen sized bed.

“I have to go to a photo shoot, so you can stay here, but DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING. Okay? If you get hungry, just order pizza or something. There’s a flyer for some pizza parlor on the table in the dining room. OH! And don’t get nosy! You are only allowed to go in the bathroom, dining room, and this spare bedroom.”

I nodded, and he walked out of the room. “See you when I get back!” he shouted over his shoulder, and he left me alone in his huge apartment.

 

Key’s POV:

Aish, what am I thinking letting some stranger into my apartment? But I couldn’t just leave him there when I saw him surrounded by those screaming girls. He looked like a lost puppy; of course I had to save him! I guess I can sympathize with him too, since I have the same problem he does…

I made my way out the door and back to my beautiful red car. I loved my car, even though it was slightly out of date.

It hummed when I turned the engine on, and I purred along with it.

A short while later, I arrived at the photo shoot. One of my manager’s assistants ran out to great me as I parked.

“Mr. Kim! Mr. Kim, you are just in time! Please follow me!” she said as she led me into the building. I rolled my eyes. I hate being called ‘Mr. Kim,’ and I hate hyper assistant managers.

Being as photogenic as I am, the photo shoot went fairly quickly. I posed like a pro, knowing exactly what they wanted, and soon the photographer said “That’s a wrap! Good job today people!” and we were all free to go home.

I was just about to leave when my manager, Mr. Shin called me over.

“Kibum, come here for a minute! I want to talk to you!”

“Sure hyung!” I said, walking over to join him under an oak tree at the front of the building.

“So, you know SMentertainment is having auditions for a new group, right” he asked, raising his eyebrow slightly.

“Yes, I’ve heard. What about them?” I asked, curious.

“I thought it might be good for you and your image if you auditioned. You know, increase your potential fanbase and show off your ability to work with others,” he said

“Sure! That would be a great idea! I’ll do it!” No! That’s a horrible idea! I don’t want to! I hate working with other people! That’s why I’m a SOLO artist. SOLO. Meaning one person. Me and me alone!

“Great! I’ll talk to the president of SM tomorrow!” Mr. Shin said, and he walked away.

Crap, I thought, hanging my head and sighing heavily. What did I just get myself into?

 

 

 

a/n: So how do you guys like it so far? Haha even though I just started it. Gonna try to update it at least once a week so please be patient! Hopefully you guys will enjoy it!

Gaaaah I at adding detail... My chapters are so short! Sorry!

SARANGHAE!