Pain

Why Does It Have To Be You?

Jonghyun’s POV:

“Jonghyun, can you do ANYTHING right?” Kibum asked after I messed up the choreography for the who-knows-what time. There was one particularly difficult part for me that I could not master, even though everyone else was dancing it flawlessly.

“I’m SORRY! I just don’t get this part! Can we please just slow it down for a minute until I can do it?” I asked, frustrated at myself. Key’s consistent yelling wasn’t doing much to help my situation.

“Jonghyun, we’ve been over it a million times! Everyone else got it! Why can’t you? It’s so EASY!”

“Jonghyun hyung, if you want, after practice I can help you,” Taemin offered, glaring slightly at Key.

“Thank you Minnie, that would be very helpful. Unlike YOU!” I spat at Key. He crossed his arms over his chest and scowled.

“It’s not my fault you can’t do a SIMPLE DANCE!” he barked, before turning on his heal and getting back into position.

“Guys-“ Onew warned.

“Well, at least I’m doing better than you were during the singing portion. At least I can hit the correct notes.” I meant that to be under my breath, but everyone heard me. They all froze and stared at me.

I shouldn’t have said that. I knew how sensitive and self-conscious he was. I regretted it as soon as I said it. The look in his eyes was one of pain and embarrassment.

He snatched his coat off of a nearby chair and gave me one final glare. “If that’s really how you feel…” and walked out.

The four of us were silent for a moment. Then Onew turned to glare at me.

“What?” I asked when I caught his stare.

“Go apologize and bring him back,” he said firmly.

“Hyung, I’ll only make it worse.”

“Go talk to him. Now,” he insisted, keeping his glare that made him look very unlike his usually cheerful self.

“But, hyung-“

“NOW.”

I sighed heavily and lowered my eyes to the floor. “Fine. But it will only make it worse,” I mumbled as I grabbed my jacket and shrugged it on.

I made my way to the door quickly. It was dark. Hopefully I could catch him before he got too far.

He didn’t go too far. In fact, he barely made it out of the building. I found him sitting on the park bench right outside the door, crying.

“Key-“

He jumped when he heard me. “Go away,” he said, pulling his collar up over his cheeks, trying to hide his tears. My heart fell. I really hated that I had hurt him this much. It was amazing how easily you can hurt a person with just a few stupid and spiteful words, truthful or not.

“I said go away!” he repeated. When he realized I had no intention of doing so, he pushed himself off the bench. He walked briskly away, but I followed him.

“Kibum,” I said, grabbing his wrist. He jerked it out of my grasp without a moment’s hesitation and took a few steps back.

“Jonghyun, just, don’t.” we both stopped walking and just looked at each other, only a few steps apart.

Suddenly, Kibum was illuminated with a dull, yellowish light. That’s when I realized, he was standing in the middle of the road. He realized it too, his eyes widened, but it was as if we were both fused to the spot. Neither of us could move.

“KEY!” I screamed, trying to run to him, but I felt like I was running through cement, my legs couldn’t function. By the time I could get to him, it was too late.

He went soaring, almost gracefully, up and over the speeding vehicle. He rolled a couple times and came to a halt, not moving.

“KIBUM!” I cried, and raced to him. His eyes were open, staring at the sky. One lone tear made its way down his cheek. “No Key, no, NO!” I shouted, feverishly his hair.

The driver got out of the car and walked over to us.

“Oh I’m sorry, did I run over your little friend?” a female’s voice asked, sounding the exact opposite of sorry. She sounded pleased.

I glanced up at her, vision blurry beneath the hot tears that stung my eyes. Hyorin.

“You ! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?” I screamed. She just smirked. I wanted to rip out. To finish her, right here, right now.

“Well I couldn’t have this little THING taking my Jongie away from me, now could I? Don’t you see? Now that he’s out of the way, we can be together happily, no distractions.”

Was she freaking serious?!

She tapped Kibum’s face with the toe of her shoe. “How disgusting he is really,” she shrugged.

“Don’t TOUCH HIM! DON’T YOU DARE EVER TOUCH MY KIBUM AGAIN! I will NEVER BE WITH YOU! I HATE YOU!” I screamed, clawing at her leg. She screeched as I drew blood before she had the chance to step away.

Kibum made a soft whimpering sound, and I immediately forgot about the figure of pure evil standing not four feet away from me.

“Key? Kibum? Can you hear me?” I asked, but he made no move to respond. What hurt me most was that he couldn’t scream. He was in so much pain, that he couldn’t even scream. His eyes were glazed over, full of pain and fear.

“Kibum, don’t leave me. Not now! Don’t leave me! I love you! Stay here. Don’t leave me!” I repeated over and over again. “I love you, don’t leave me!”

 

 




AN:

Should I have put a warning on the begining of this chapter? (not like M rated, just a warning like "BAD WRITING AHEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU HATE ME) I don't even know.

Okay so you guys seriously have EVERY right to hate me right now.

1) I take FOREVER to update

2) I rush things

3) I freaking leave you with THIS.

So, I understand you probably hate me, but I love you and hopefully you'll forgive me?

I'M SORRY FOR DELAYED UPDATE!! T.T I've been insanely busy, with sports, and then school starts, and I am in a crap-ton of advanced classes that seriously give like a textbook of homework each night and it .

and I'M SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER ASKLFJSOG. Originally, it was supposed to go  later in the story, but I got bored and I kind of just want to finish this story, so I rushed it TT.TT I'll go a little slower after this again, I promise.

But happy side, OVER 60 SUBS? WHAT? I love you guys!!! *Gives a million hugs* *Throws confetti*

 

*Posts Jongkey gifs and photos to make up for chapter*

There are so many cute ones guys, you have no idea how much I have. XD so here are a few~ and if you want to see another really cute one that I know won't show up if I post it like I posted those, HERE is the link. ENJOY