Shinee

Why Does It Have To Be You?

Onew’s POV:

Today I get to find out who my fellow members are! I was notified this morning that I was chosen to be in the new group! OMG I’m so excited!

I was told to meet the president of SM Entertainment, and my fellow members, in meeting room 27 in the SM building. The meeting began in 20 minutes. If I don’t leave soon I’ll be late!

I quickly dressed in a light blue dress shirt, and grey dress pants. I checked my hair, smoothing it down. Satisfied, I took a deep breath and stepped out of my small apartment.

I hailed a taxi, knowing that soon I would soon be living in a dorm with four other guys around my age.

“We’re here,” the taxi man said.

“Thanks,” I said, paying him the number on the dashboard.

I walked up to the huge revolving glass doors at the front of the gigantic SM building.

“Here goes nothing,” I mumbled and headed inside.

The receptionist greeted me with a cheery hello, and directed me on how to get to meeting room 27. It was up two floors, down a short hallway, turn left, turn right, and then the room should be on my left. Aish this building is like a maze!

I followed the directions, but thought I made a wrong turn or went too far, because I didn’t find the room where she said it would be. Frustrated, I turned around and made my way back the way I had come.

Halfway back, I saw a young man looking very confused. He had one hand in the pocket of his jeans, and one nervously playing with his hair. He looked really familiar.

“Minho?” I asked. His head shot up.

“Onew? Oh thank goodness! You’re here for the new group meeting, right?”

“Yes! You too?” I asked.

“Yes!” he said, grinning from ear to ear and giving me a hug. “Congrats man!”

“You too!” I said smiling. “Sooooo, do you by any chance know where this meeting room is? I can’t find it.”

“No, sorry. I got lost. I have no idea where it is,” Minho said, hanging his head.

“Aish, first meeting and we are already lost and late.”

“Hey, are you boys lost?” a man’s voice came from behind us.

“Yes! Yes, we need to get to meeting room 27, but neither of us could find it!” I said, relieved that someone might help us.

The man chuckled. “Follow me, it is pretty difficult to find.” He led us to a room in the complete opposite direction the woman had told me to go.

“Thank you so much!” Minho said, and shook the man’s hand.

“No problem. Good luck with whatever meeting you have in here,” the man smiled and turned around to leave.

“Thanks again!” I said after him. He waved and continued on his way.

“Ready?” I asked. Minho just nodded. I opened the door and walked in.

 

Minho’s POV:

We walked in, and right away, Onew was engulfed in a huge bear hug from a short boy with reddish-brown hair. I laughed at the shocked expression on the older boy’s face.

“Hyungs!” the short boy said, and threw himself at me, squishing me into a giant hug. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

He backed away. “I’m Taemin! I’m the maknae!” he introduced himself proudly. This kid was cute.

“My name is Minho,” I said smiling. I then noticed that the two other members were already there, sitting on opposite side of the long meeting table.

“I’m Onew,” Onew introduced himself.

One of the two boys on the table stood up and walked over to us. He had short blonde hair, and a proud aura about him.

“I’m Kim Kibum. But everyone calls me Key,” he said, holding his hand out for me to shake it.

“Key? As in the popular solo artist?” I asked, surprised.

“Ahhh yep! That’s me!” he said, smiling.

I glanced at the last boy, who was still at the table, glaring at Key.

“I’m Jonghyun,” he said, smiling at me and Onew.

“Wow, two already popular singers in our group? This will be fun!” Taemin said excitedly.

We all laughed, but Jonghyun and Key continued to glare at each other. I wonder what their problem is.

“Where is the president?” I asked, remembering that he was supposed to meet us here too.

“Oh, something came up and he had to leave. He told us though that since Onew here is the oldest, he is to be our leader. And he wants us to brainstorm ideas for our band’s name.” Key said.

“We have to come up with a name?” Onew asked.

“Yep,” Jonghyun said.

We all sat down at the table, Jonghyun and Key each at one end, and the three of us in the middle, Taemin sitting as close as he could between Onew and I. We sat in silence for a while.

“Sorry, I’m not very creative,” Onew said, breaking the silence.

“It’s ok, neither am I,” I responded. The others grunted in agreement.

We sat in another awkward silence. I really hope we aren’t always like this… Taemin of course, did not allow it.

“Hyung, I like your shoes! There so shiny!” he said to Jonghyun, who was wearing silver sneakers.

“Oh, thanks,” he said.

“OH OH OH!” Taemin shouted, bobbing up and down in his seat. “HOW ABOUT SHINY?” he asked.

“Shiny… I like it,” Key said.

“I’ll write it down,” Taemin said, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen.

Shinee

“Um, you spelled it wrong,” Onew said.

“Sorry, I’m not really good at spelling English words,” Taemin said, about to cross it out.

“NO WAIT! I like it written this way better! It looks way cooler than when it’s spelled correctly, don’t you think?” Jonghyun said.

“I agree, I think I like it this way better,” I said and ruffled Taemin’s hair again, which made him giggle.

“Does everyone agree on Shinee?” Key asked. We all nodded. “Then Shinee it is! Wow, good job Taemin, picking the winning name on the first try!” Taemin smiled, looking extremely proud.

“Aigoo, so cute,” I said and playfully pinched his cheeks, making him laugh again.

“Ahh I’m so excited!” Onew shouted, jumping up and down in his seat.

We all laughed. So far, I like these guys.

 

 

 

---------------

(A/N) So here's the next chapter! Hope yall like it!

Comment please how you think this chapter/story is~ Thaaaaaaaaanks~ kekekeke

I don't really know what to say right now, I'm kind of all written-out right now since I started the second story~

Spam today? Well I started watching Heartstrings, so today Imma spam Yonghwa and Minhyuk from CN Blue, who are two main roles in Heartstrings~

 

He is so cute though! Like seriously, look at that face! OMO I'm dying!

and him. :)