Sper 2

Amare

 

Kris and his in laws were on their way to the hospital cafeteria.

          “So tomorrow we can bring Kevin home” His mother in law said cheerfully. Kris smiled and shook his head, his father in law tried to hide his amusement. They would take the stairs because his in laws insisted it was good then took the lift. They needed exercise after all. Kris didn’t have reason to resist so he followed them.

          “Licht, don’t run” A man shouted from the other direction to little boy. The boy slipped and lost his balance.

          “Licht” Kris ran to the boy and grabbed his wrist, he pushed the boy and as impact he was the one fell down stair.

          “Kris… Kris!!!!” Blurred… everything became blurred and blank.

----

           “Welcome home, young master” Kris nodded to his butler and maids. He walked to the up stair followed by his butler. The maids brought his luggage     and placed in beside his bed. They bowed to Kris and went outside.

          “Young Master, your father wants to meet you as soon as you’re coming home”

          “Why?” Kris asked with gaze to the window.

          “My apologize, Master doesn’t inform me about it” Kris stood and made his way to the glass window.

          “You can go now, inform father I’ll go to her study” Kris didn’t look to his butler, his gaze was far to the trees surround their home. Home? He smiled sadly, he never feel like home. It was just place he spent his time when holiday came, it never felt right. Home… He didn’t know where he belonged. He changed his uniform to casual clothes before went to his father’s study.

           “Come in” His father said from inside. Kris opened the door and stepped in then closed it quietly. He walked slowly before stopped in front of his father who busy checking documents on his desk. His father put paper and pen he was holding then put his silver glasses on his buttonhole.

          “Kris, sit down, please” His father smiled to him. Kris nodded and took seat before his desk.

          “How is the flight?” His father started the conversation.

          “It was fine” His father smiled with the answer.

          “You like the exchange?”

          “Gondorstoun has different environment with Eton, but I guess it’s okay” He shrugged.

          “I have got the letter already. You got good marks on every course you took at Gondorstoun. You work hard, keep it” Kris nodded.

          Silence took the time for a while. His father stood from his seat and walked around the desk before kneeled beside Kris. Kris blinked his eyes several times. His eyes widened when his father grabbed his wrist and brought him to his embrace.

          “Have you got a girlfriend at Gondorstoun, it’s impossible to get one at coed school, in Eton is like sea of boys and that’s also make me asphyxiated when I attended there”

          Kris brought his face closer to his father’s chest. It’s first time they ever be this close. His father placed kiss on his black lock.

----

          Kris was sitting on windowsill and writing on his note when knocked on the door made him averted his gaze.

          “Come in” He hid the note and looked outside the window. It was snowing, cold winter that froze the earth. He loved winter, winter always made him more live.

          His butler was standing not far from him. Kris averted his gaze to his butler and raised one of his eyebrows. The butler was holding package.

          “Mr. Kahn, what does bring you here?” Kris asked from his place. His butler bowed a little and walked to his direction.

          “Master sent package for young master” He gave Kris the package; Kris studied the package a little then took it. He brought the package to his lap and tears the wrap. His butler smiled a little.

          “Excuse me, young master. I have needed for something else. Do you need something that we can bring you here young master?” Kris didn’t answer the question, his eyes was on the books he was holding.

          “Young master” His butler called out. Kris looked up at his butler.

          “No, Mr. Kahn. I don’t need anything for now. I’ll call you if I need something. You can go. Thank you” Kris dismissed his butler.

          “The Lord and The Rings Trilogy, Father. I’m 17 years old for God’s sake” Kris smiled in amusement.

----

          Kris' mother hugged Kris before let him walked to the lounge. His father stood beside his mother and saw his son's back. Kris waved to them. 

         "Hailong, I'll go back first" His wife said. He nodded and gave little peck on her cheek. She smiled a bit and left him there.

          "Sir, you are needed for......" Kris' father ignored his secretary and ran to the lounge.

          "Kris... Kris" He shouted, but Kris was nowhere from his sight. 

           Kris froze when heard his father's shout, he pulled his passport and ticket away.

          "Sorry. I'll be back later, Miss" He walked fast and smiled widely when found his father there.

          "Father, do you need to talk to me?" He said hopefully.

         His father didn't say a word to him.

         "Rupert, please bring Kris' luggage. He will go back to England after we spend some days at Greece"

         "Wha....."

         "You will love the architecture there and I need to introduce you to some of my colleague" 

         Kris smiled widely heard the words. 

-----

          “Where is father?” Kris asked his butler. His father had promised to watch him in this economic debate competition. His butler didn’t give the answer immediately. Kris  wait and went to the stage.

          He saw his other friends sat with their parents. His mother couldn’t make it, not that he cared, but his father promised he would come.

          “Are you okay?” A member of his team asked.

          “I’m fine” He said.

Kris nodded when Head of House, College, patted his shoulder before took the seat in the front to watch them.

          “Kris…” His friend asked worriedly when Kris didn’t let out anything from the start. Kris looked up to meet worried eyes. The other team smiled widely as if they would be the winner. Kris took deep breathe and listened their argument for a while before spoke.

          Kris didn’t back down and always gave fierce argument. In the end he gave the blow that made their rival speechless.

          Kris closed his eyes a while and opened it when his friend shook his arm.

          “Your father” Kris blinked and averted his gaze to man that stepped in to the room. He was panting slightly before looked up and smiled to Kris. Kris smiled widely to him.

---

           “Kris, Kris!!!!!!”

          Blood was everywhere. He tried to move, but he can’t. He tried to blink, but blood made his eyes ache.

           “Doctor, please safe my son. I’ll pay everything that needed. Just safe my son, doctor”

          And he lost his consciousness

----

          “Errgghh…”

          “Kris” He blocked the light from his eyes.

          “It’s too bright. Turn off the light” The doctor ordered.

          Kris adjusted his vision to the bright of the room. The doctor gave last check to him.

          “He is okay. No need to worry” The doctor excused himself.

          Kris looked around and found his in laws and his parent worried face. He also saw the boy and the man before.

          “Thank you. I don’t know what I should say to you. Really, thank you” The man said sincerely.

          “Licht, say something” The man urged the boy.

          “Thank you and sowwy, uncle” The boy’s eyes were red. Kris tried to sit, but let out groaned. His father helped him to sit.

          “Come here” Kris said, the boy looked up to the man first.

          “Go” His father… he thought… Licht with Kris’ father helped sat on the bed.

          “What is your name?”

          “Lit…”

          “Licht” His father corrected.

          “Licht means light in English, right. That’s so lovely” He ruffled the boy’s blond lock.

          “Next time be careful and listen to your father. You can get hurt if you keep run like that, you don’t want get hurt and make your father worry, right?” Kris smiled widely.

          “Dowanna” Licht shook his head and turned his gaze to his father who smiled to him.

          They talked for a while before Kain excused himself and Licht. They promised to come back and visited Kevin.

          His in laws and mother went back to Kevin’s ward. Kris still needed rest and they didn’t want to disturb him. His father didn’t let out a word and just sat on the couch in Kris’ room. Kris was lying in his bed watching outside from the window.

          “Thank you” Kris said.

          His father looked up and frowned slightly.

          “I like The Lord of The Rings Trilogy” Kris turned his head and looked to his father’s eyes.

          His father opened his mouth, but no word came out.

          “I wish I didn’t forget anything in that year. The time after Gondorstoun, last summer before graduated from Eton ” Kris voice’s shook. Kris’ father stood up and ran to Kris’ side. He brought Kris to his embrace.

          “Sorry, for being so cold. Sorry……” Kris hugged his father’s back.

          “That’s not your fault. I didn’t let myself to make another memory for us”

          “Father”

          “I’m happy you remember” His father tighter his embrace.

          Kris pulled away and laughed.

          “Family Head of Wu and the next family head in this situation. I can’t believe it” Kris brought his hand to his mouth. His father smiled widely.

          “Believe me. It’s real” He ruffled Kris’ black lock.

          They still grasped the moment and drown to their thought when his father broke the silence.

          “I need to buy gift for that Licht boy and new toys for Kevin. It’s nice to have children around”

          Kris smiled fondly.

          “Kris, Thank for being born as my son” His father said calmly, Kris didn’t utter a word. He didn’t know what to say, all he knew he felt warm.