Filius 2

Amare

          Junmyeon looked outside the window of his office. The hospital garden has never been this beautiful before. Before Sehun needed to stay in the hospital. Chanyeol… Park Chanyeol made a request to the hospital management to be given permission to have rightful authority making changed of the garden to his heart content. Junmyeon surmised Sehun knew about, she was observant after all, but she didn’t comment on it. She didn’t need to, the smile that graced her face was enough for Chanyeol. Had Junmyeon didn’t know better, he would have been misunderstood Chanyeol’s action as deep affection in romantic way. Sehun was being loved by many, they believed it, the lovely and beautiful girl who made almost everyone who knew her dumbstruck and in awe with her personality. The strongest women and patient Junmyeon ever met. However, Chanyeol viewed her as his best friend’s wife and sister. Sister……

              Park Chanyeol, the man who posed strong façade holding his sobbing wife, whose hands trembling and low raspy voice delivering the news to her family, arranged the funeral for Sehun, offered shoulder to cry on to distraught family, and other things that Junmyeon would surely can’t do if he was in Chanyeol’s position. He took the day off and went to the funeral that day and back to the hospital at the same time when he saw Chanyeol and Suzy. Junmyeon remembered it perfectly the day where Chanyeol arranged the administration of the late Sehun. He was walking to them when nurse who handling the administrative paper dropped her pen and looked up with eyes widen to the man in front of him. The said man shook his head, the nurse continued her job. He signed the paper before gave it back to the nurse and hold his hand to retrieve his identity card from the nurse before walked fast leaving the front desk.

              “He was born at 27 November” The nurse said out loud without realizing it. He heard gasps around them, Junmyeon saw several nurses closed their mouth with their hand. Junmyeon and his colleagues who also presence that time share solemn look. Their attention being diverted to the girl, private nurse of Sehun, Suzy. She made them felt ashamed with her words.

              “Don’t show your pity that’s the least you can do for him” She said, her eyes challenged them to say the otherwise. She her heels, walked rather fast to where Chanyeol back has disappeared. 

              Junmyeon heard the door being knock, he gave his permission for the person to going inside. He smiled slightly to his wife, she smiled at him back good naturedly. He took the sight of stuffed animal from the bag she was holding and raised his eyebrows. Luhua only smiled and showed him the sender of the said stuffed animal.

              “Zhang Yixing” Junmyeon read the card out loud.

              “He knows Luhan-ge, it seems they have known each other for a long time. From what I have gathered, Luhan-ge met him at bar. Yixing-shi was quite drunk that time, Luhan-ge said he hallucinated or had nightmare he didn’t know. All Yixing-shi said was if only he did something, if only he was not coward and so on” Junmyeon nodded his head. What Luhua had said was enough to explain what he needed to know. Zhang Yixing blamed himself of the fate he couldn’t change.

              “Junmyeon” Luhua brought his head to her chest. The wound was still fresh, Junmyeon admired Sehuna and he did nothing to hide it. When she got the news from the head nurse, she knew how bad his husband would get hurt if he failed. From the start before the surgery being performed he had predicted it was going to fail. The chance to survive was 10 – 15%, he only hoped for miracle. She saw it with her own eyes, how her husband after that. Every time he looked to her and their child, the solemn smile always painted on his lips. He was only older by several months than Kevin, enough reason for him to remember the sad story.  He loved his job with all his heart, but he hate it with passion as well.

              “Thank you to be the mother of my child” He whispered. Luhua could only kiss his crown and hugged him tighter.

----------

        Chanyeol smiled to his older sister and patted the space beside him where she plopped herself ungracefully. His personal refuge, their parent rooftop, he still remembered when their mother scolded him because she deemed what they did was dangerous, they could hurt themselves, slipped from the rooftop and so on. He wouldn’t listen and to make her mother felt better, at least one of the servant would be with him.

        “I miss them” He said with small smile on his face.

        “So do I” Yura responded with smile of her own.

         “Can I ask you why did Yongguk-hyung buy A-fashion ?” Chanyeol didn’t look at her when he asked the question, his eyes were on the horizon far from them.

         “I promised to mother I would be the mother for you. And no mother will let their children get hurt. I have no regret to hurt or erase anyone for you” Yura said without waver. Chanyeol finally looked to her, straight on her eyes. She let him to see her emotion through her eyes. He nodded his head slightly before looking back up to the afternoon sky.

        "Would you like to visit Sehuna's parents ?" Chanyeol asked suddenly.

       "Sure, I would love to" Yura brought his brother's head to her shoulder. 

You can’t seek the revenge, I will do it for you. Jessica Jung, the woman who made you cry every year in your own birthday. The one who ripped the happiness of being wife and mother from Sehuna. I will tear her apart for you. 

------

           "Sir, Mr. Kim Jaejoong requests to meet you" Oh Junghan raised his eyebrows, but he nodded his head to his secretary. 

           "What do I can help you Jaejoong?" They had met several times, it was because Kim Jaejoong's father was their family solicitor. The said man put a document before him and he nodded his head to the chair where Jaejoong took it silently. 

          "Bang Yongguk named Kevin Donorum Wu for 40% share of A-fashion" Sehuna's father didn't hide his surprise. He looked to the younger man for confirmation.

            “That’s stated in the document. I don’t know why for sure, what was behind this inheritance. I have no idea why it was given to me, but the solicitor said Mr. Bang Yongguk wants me to receive the document, Uncle. Father said if it was the case then let it be” Jaejoong sighed, the solicitor only gave him the document before excusing to leave because he had finished his job to deliver the document. Jaejoong couldn’t help but felt there was something going to happen which he absolutely wouldn’t like. He believed his gut and he wish it was wrong this time.

            “Do you know what did happen to Jung family?” Jaejoong furrowed and shook his head before answering with uncertainty laced on his voice.

            “I don’t get any news about them. All I know, A-fashion was on the edge of bankrupt and suddenly Bang Yongguk bought the share. I only heard that the engagement of their oldest daughter fell out and didn’t hear anything after that” The older man nodded his head.

            “I am going to call Hailong to accompany me to ……” His sentence was cut off when the man barged to his office. Wu Hailong saw Jaejoong and the document on Junghan’s hand.

            “It seems we get surprise of the day. Our grandchild has 40% share of A-fashion” Junghan shrugged his shoulder.

            “I am going to make appointment with Bang Yongguk-shi then” Jaejoong said before leaving the two to converse. He gave one last glance to the two men. He prayed that whatever it was going to happen, there wouldn’t be another sad story he would encountered.

 -------

  Kris was holding Kevin tight in his arms, he was sleeping soundly, and he wanted to bring Kevin with him to Melbourne. His head department asked him to attend International Architectural Conference there. He had tried to refuse, but his head department didn’t take “no” for the answer. It was heavy to leave Kevin even just for several days. He had already felt empty creep to his chest.

         His friends watched at them solemnly, it must be hard for both of them to be separated. Kevin was always asking for his father every time Kris being sent abroad. It was common that the time difference made him frustrated. Couple of hours wouldn’t be much different, but when the other one was on opposite continent the time difference made it impossible to hear Kevin’s voice without disturbing Kevin’s sleep. He despised time difference so much in that days.

            “Don’t worry. We will take care of him while you are abroad” Sylvia smiled reassuringly at him. He inhaled his son scent deeply, took it much to his heart content, he watched the sleeping toddler peaceful face. He would be fine, they were here to make sure of that. With heavy heart he gave Kevin to her wide open arms. He kissed Kevin’s crown lovingly and looked straight to her eyes. Sylvia sighed when she saw the skeptical look on his eyes. She wouldn’t lie that she was annoyed with him. She has known how he felt cautious when he was separated from Kevin. Kain stepped in the right time, he patted Kris’ shoulder and squeezed it slightly.

            “Will you feel an ease if I take care of him same as I do to Litch?” Sylvia saw a shade of vulnerability and fragility on his eyes even so slightly. She tighten her grip on Kevin. She dispised every moment she watched it cross his eyes.

            “Please take care of him” He asked them and bowed slightly. Kris walked slowly to the elevator; he turned his head several times before he reached the elevator. He stepped in and immediately pushed the button to the first floor. He would run back if he caught any glimpse of Kevin again.

            Kris looked to his wristwatch, he made it on time. He had already prolonged his time before he left his apartment. He took his passport and ticket of his suitcase. He couldn’t help to feel sad, somehow being far from his home, yes Kevin was his home, and without Kevin, it left hollow on his chest. It seemed lacking of something when he put down his luggage his only, the tectonic luggage which belonged to Kevin side by side with his black leather luggage was something he had familiarize with. He shook his head, his silly thought.

             He thanked her and went to the lounge. He tighten his overcoat, it was cold despite the early autumn at San Francisco. Long distance flight to Melbourne and he couldn’t help to wanting go back to his apartment and be with Kevin. He sent message to Sylvia, informed her he would take off in just about 20 minutes and reminded her of long list Kevin might need.

            Kris realized there were pairs of eyes of female population who also waited for their flights were on him. He didn’t like their unwanted attention, they reminded him of his night life when woman would look at him like a fresh meat. He knew it was different, but still the same it was suffocating. He walked to cafe and decided it wouldn’t hurt to get caffeine induced while avoiding the hungry gaze. He shook his head slightly when female costumers at the said cafe checked on him from head to toes. He shrugged it off and ordered plain coffee and took package chocolate chip cookies to go with it.

            “It’s rare to have plain coffee and chocolate chip cookies” The lady behind the counter smiled to him flirtatiously.  

            “I guess my son has rubbed his favourite snack on me” He chuckled lightly while looking at the brands of chocolate he might take. He didn’t realize several women had their smile wipe of their face after they listened to his remark and the cashier’s smile faltered a bit. 

            “Kids have sweet tooth” She said then as response.   

            “He inherited it from his mother” He thought, but didn’t realize he had answer it out loud. He had known his wife love for sweet things, his mother in law profided the information. Her favorite drink was bubble tea especially cocho and taro flavour. Kris said and paid for the coffee, cookies and noka chocolate he considered worthy to taste.

            “That is really good speciment. Already taken, huh?” A waitress asked the cashier.

            “Married man with son in tow” She sighed.

          “He even doesn’t pay any glances or maybe blatantly ignores the gaze he received. Her friend shook her head before proceeding to her other work, she turned her head slightly to her.

            “Maybe that’s what make him more special and rare specimen” The cashier girl laugh in agreement.