Filius 1

Amare

Kain and Sylvia watched the three concentrated on their castile foundation. Kris helped Kevin and Lithc constructed his building blocks. They had played countless times already, but Kevin seemed never tired of it. Kris didn't mind though, it was good distraction when he decided Kevin's stuffed dragon needed germs vanishing. Kevin would carry the dragon everywhere, his favorite toy which accompanied him since he was baby. Kain ever pointed it's not only Kevin who like the toy, Kris treasured it. Kevin ever dropped it when he dozed up on his baby back carrier. They searched for the dragon on entire ground of the shop, Kain saw how relieved Kris was when he took the dragon from an older woman who helped them searching. The said dragon nestled on a couch Kris occupied before. 

"Thank you. It's my son's favorite toy. He will be really upset should he looses this" He smiled gratefully. The stuffed dragon was not Kevin's most expensive toy, to tell the truth it was only ordinary toy compared to tons of toys he had. 

"His mother bought it for him" Kris informed him when they had drinking session at the balcony of his apartment, it was William who asked Kris. They were curious to why the toy seemed more special to him than to Kevin. Kain believed that time he want to strangle William. 

"I am..." Kris cut William off before he uttered his pathetic apology. 

"No need to apology. I had have enough with everyone avoid anything related to my wife as if it's forbidden subject. Yes, I won't appreciate someone asks me blatantly about her, but I don't want you all feel sorry and pity toward me, it hurts my pride you know" Kris took small sip of his white wine, Kain throw nasty glare after gulped his cider William who gulped down his mead. Pierre had his vermouth, James and Nate chosen fruit juice instead.

James reacted first, he pat Kris' shoulder. "We don't pity you. It only we don't know what best to do when we unconsciously bring the subject up" Kris nodded his head and offered smile to them.

"How about we play dumb game? Truth or dare sounds appealing. We can emptying Kris' store. You won't mind right Kris?" Kris laughed to James suggestion.

"It's heaven to have selection of alcoholic beverages on your house. I won't ask how much it cost to have private bar and store up expensive brand of wines" Pierre joked, made the group laughed.

"Believe me Pierre it's easier to have it for free. I will come here and don't need to cut my meal off for wine" Nate winked which got slapped on the back by Pierre. 

They spent the rest of evening playing truth or dare. In the end it's only Kain and Kris who were sober enough, luckily they wouldn't need to go to work the next day. They had sunday to lazing around. The two fathers had different idea to spend their time with. 

Kain blinked when he heard strange sound and averted his gaze to the aource of voice. Sylvia glared at the two men, James, and Nate. She reluctantly stood from the couch and ordered the three to follow him to the kitchen. Pierre was decent enough, he had woken up early and got tea for himself before went back to sleep comfortably as comfortably as he could get in the guest room he shared with James and Nate.

"Kris" Kris looked up to Kain, raising his left eyebrow.

"Do you think it will be wise if I strangle William when we have disagreement?" Kain asked seriously, but his eyes laughing. Kris couldn't help but laugh. They got heart attack when Pierre opened the door for San Francisco District Attorney who turned out as William's little brother. He shook his head disapprovingly when he saw his brother drunken state. He thanked them before dragging his brother out of penthouse. Kris actually had the gut to laugh, he couldn't believe someone as reckless and mischief like William would have district attorney as brother.

"It will be hard task to do. He gets DA on his back" He smirked, Kain laughed to that. James and Nate waved their hands to them and went back to the guest room. Sylvia glared to them, they hurried their steps before she changed to monster mode. She brought along tray with two plates of chocolate puddings and instructed Lithc and Kevin to wash their hands first before they had the pudding. Lithc the big boy he was insisted he didn't need Kain's help. Kevin didn't mind when his father scooped him up and washed his hands for him.  

Kris let Kevin ate by himself after placing him on his chair. Kris bought kid's table and chairs from IKEA so they don't need to go to the main dining room for snacking. He placed one set on Kevin's play room and one on the living room. The table served as desk when Kevin found he liked to draw, scribble, or just did something with his crayons. He didn't spend his time much at daycare, his grandfather hired nannies and chauffeur for Kevin. They would come to Kris' office for luncheon, his mother bought a home or mansion in elite neighborhood. Kris pointed out that it was too much, his mother insisted it was needed and what his mother want she got it.

"I heard that the nannies being assigned for Kevin speak in multiple languages" Sylvia asked or rather stated. 

"They are translators. Father wants Kevin to at least can speak other languages outside the requirements" Kain raised his eyebrows, Kris rolled his eyes.

"By requirements, they are Chinese, English, and Korean" 

"What languages your father Kevin want to expertise?" 

"Kevin will takes two modern language chosen from French, Chinese, German, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish. He will learn Greek and Latin as well, he may take Mandarin Chinese and Arabian out of the timetable. I learned French, German, and Spanish before I started my education at Eton College. I chosen the three and added Japanese in my timetable as well. I can speak in Russian in basic level" Kris srughed.

"Don't you think that's too much?" Kain asked bewildered. 

"That's not when you are raised in the environment where the language being used" Sylvia said calmly.

"I lived in Switzerland for 4 years before we moved to Vancouver. My father hired nannies who could at least speak in United Nation's official languages, translators. A professional nannies and educators" Kris watched Kain's eyes widened more if possible.

"That's why your father and Mr.Gaarder hold his conversation in German and French most of the time. While you and your mother engage in Chinese, while Sylvia sometime teaches him Russian?"

"You got that right. I have Russian root on me and you can consider me as native speaker in Russian. Even Kris learns Russian from me"

"Thank you for the guidance" Kris said mockingly. 

"Baba, I am full" The 21 months boy said. He took the napkin and attempted to use it to wip the chocolate smeared on his mouth. Kris walked to Kevin's side and helped him clean his mouth. He assisted the two boys to the kitchen to place the plates on the shink and cleaned their hands. 

"Baba, I am tired. Nap, please" Kain heard Kevin said. 

"Okay. Let's bring you to your room" Kevin thanked him.

"Lithc, do you want to take nap as well? I guess you two need to restore your energy. We can have lunch after you take nap" Kris said kindly. 

"Thank you, uncle. I would love to" Lithc responsed enthusiastically.

Lithc ran to him and asked his permission which Kain gave him. Kain must admitted Kevin was fast learner, he got proper etiquette lesson and learned about table manner since young age. Kain didn't know what Lithc was when he was 2 year old, he got the custody when the boy was 3,5 year old after his older brother and his wife passed away because of car accident they involved in. The boy called him father rather than uncle, Kain had no heart to say otherwise. His job as internal auditor gave him more than enough to have comfortable life. When he was at work, the nanny an older widow woman who lived just two blocks from them would take Lithc with her. Kain had known her when he was first move to the house. Her children had married or on college so she felt so lonely, she owned a boutique and managed to raise her children just fine with her activities. 

"He gets an army troop to raise Kevin" Kain said in amusement.

"We want make it as easy as possible for Kris and Kevin. Kevin has lot of expectations wait for him to be fulfilled. Kris wants give Kevin normal life and chooses his own path. However, Kris and Kevin's mother are the only child of the family. Thus, make him....."

"The Crown Prince" Kain cut her off. Sylvia nodded her head solemnly. She despised the idea that Kevin was being sent to boarding school like Kris. The pressure he would receive because he was born as the Wu and the Oh. His grandfathers had made name for themselves as success businessman, his grandmother was well known interior designer, and Kris had steadily built his name as architect. 

"I have put them on the bed" Kris announced and dropped his weight on the couch. Sylvia pat his head, Kris glared but not raised any protest. She smirked and took her hand back. If Kain didn't know better, he would assume they were flirting. Pierre, James, and Nate joined them, they were better than hours ago. 

James groaned, he had the worst hungover among them. Aunt Yoon brought camomile tea and chocolate biscuits for them. Kevin's favorite cookie Nate commented before took one of the biscuits. Kris asked her to make cream soup for the three. They would have luncheon later waiting for Lithc and Kevin. 

"I won't drink again" Nate whined. 

"It's as unbelievable as hearing France won't produce wine anymore" Pierre said calmly while inhaled the camomile tea scent. He smiled in satisfaction when Nate gave him sour expression.

"You didn't drink that much. You only have low tolerance of alcohol" James poured salt on the wound.

"Like you are better" Nate mumbled and put his head on his hands. He groaned, the headache killed him.

"What did you want to build Kris?" James had moved to the floor, he inspected the building blocks.

"London Bridge, we managed to get the foundation. We need more building blocks to build the replica" James eyebrows furrowed.

"Precise smaller scale" Kris provided further. 

"Seriously, Kris? Kevin will be happy even it's not the exact replica" James exclaimed.

"I will give him the best even it's just something as small as making replica. Put good use of my education and skill" Kris smirked, James threw one of building block to him which he caught easily.

"Kevin may considers architect or civil engineer as his career, it may seems small, but building design isn't small job. You don't want your building end up in disaster. Don't you think it's an insult, for everyone who put great effort and hard work to build it, if I even consider to make replica  as I wish?" Kris smiled to James as if honey wouldn't melt on his mouth.

"Ever so perfect" James commented dryly.

"Every parent wants to do best for their child. You will know how it feels when you have your own son" Kris said cheekily.