Bellis perenis 2

Amare

Kris laid on his bed, it was hours of his arrival at San Francisco. He was still bothered of the event at Seoul. Kris looked to the side and saw the picture on the bedside table. A picture of Kevin.

Kevin Donorum Wu....

He was the apple of eyes of his father. He was the youngest family member of Wu and Oh. He was the beautiful baby boy who was born at the snowy day. He was being pampered by his grandparents from both side of his parents, being loved by many, being treasured by his aunties and uncles. Kevin the reason of his parents to live. 

He averted his attention to the ceiling. The word parents brought other thought to his mind. About him and her.

Kris Fidelis Wu.....

Fidelis meant faithful, a character that his father hoped would be on him. 

He was the only son of the Wu. Being raised as the future heir of big company. Kris Fidelis Wu was sent to live at boarding school since young. Prepatory school at London and then Eton College. Kris was quite famous for his intelligence and look, many of his peers admitted they were jealous of Kris. Kris had no recollection of his childhood, it was all blurry for him. He could get everything he want, his parents never denied his wish. Only one that his father denied. He needed to marry Oh Sehuna and no argumentation would change his father decision. 

Sehuna Wu.....

She was...... Kris couldn't express it on words. He never knew her well enough, no he didn't ever put effort to do it. He labeled Sehuna as he wished. It would be lie, were he said anything in particular. She loved him, that's what Sehuna made him aware of, even he only acknowledged this feeling after she passed away. Sehuna loved Kevin dearly, he was sure of it. She willingly put her life in danger carrying Kevin to term. She signed her own death to ensure Kevin had chance to live. She was loved by her parents. Park family treated her as their own family member, the youngest who didn't share blood with them, had already irreplaceable position in their heart. 

Sehuna Wu.... She was dullard, Jessica labeled her as. She was blinded by her love to Kris. She accepted ill treatment with smile. She tried to protect Kris, never breath a word to anyone. Kris laughed at her for the stupidity of concept unconditional love, she was blinded as Jessica said. No.... She was to afraid to lose the wealth she received. She stayed with Kris only for business purpose.

Kris was blinded by Jessica and her words. He took anything she said and believed it wholeheartedly. He resented her presence, he hated the smile on her face every time she saw him. He hated how pale she was, he hated how fake she was, he hated how she pretended to love him, he hated anything about her. 

Sehuna in her wildest imagination, even once never thought she would have chance to have a child from Kris. Kevin Donorum Wu, the best gift and miracle that ever happened to her. In 9 months of pregnancy, never a single time she blamed Kevin or felt regret to have him. She loved him with all of her heart. 

Kris Wu and Sehuna Wu nee Oh

Their marriage was two sides of coint. Infidelity and faithfulness, hatred and love, vicious and merciful, impatience and patience. You can't marry demon to angel, the demon would hurt his companion endlessly, he was born to be vicious, the other has no heart to hate him, too merciful for her own good. The demon wouldn't be satisfied, he loved to see the angel broken down, broke her beyond repair was his aim. She had her faith on God, she thanked the God and prayed to God in every chance she had. 

______

Flashback

Kris was deep in thought of new design Pierre showed him. He tried to remember the detail of said design. He snapped back from his thought when firm voice greeted him. He looked up and saw doctor Kim Junmyeon was already standing in front of him, he told the doctor to take the seat. The exchanged brief greeting before ordered their chosen beverage and snack from the menu. Plain coffee and cheesecake for Kris, Junmyeon chosen caramel machiato and strawberry shortcake. 

"How is Kevin?" Junmyeon started the conversation first. Kris had learned of Junmyeon's fatherly affection to Kevin, the man was there in the most delicate and dangerous situation of Sehuna's pregnancy. He remembered doctor Kim talked to Kevin before he was being discharged from the hospital. He sent toys to Kevin through Chanyeol. 

"He is Sehuna's child. What do you think?" Kris tried to humor him. Doctor Kim smiled slightly before nodding his head. Kris could see flicker of sadness in his eyes, it vanished immediately and changed to something he might point as relief.

"He must be surrounded by people who loves him. He will be great gentleman and apple of everyone's eyes. God will always beside him"

The last sentence was taken Kris aback. God will always beside him....

Junmyeon seemed realize of his slipped. He didn't regret it though. He smiled to Kris sincerer this time, not like polite smile he gave him before.

"I might heard her wrong. It was the words Sehuna said to Kevin after we performed C-section surgery" Junmyeon said calmly.

"The patient was awake when the surgeons perform the surgery" Junmyeon added. 

"She was alone?" Kris whispered. Junmyeon looked straight to his eyes, there resentment and uncover hatred shone from the doctor's eyes. 

"Suzy was with her at surgery room while Chanyeol and Tiffany were waiting outside" Junmyeon averted his gaze to the waitress who served their order, thanked her for the service. He took a sip of his caramel machiato and cut a small piece of the strawberry shortcake before bringing the sweet cake to his mouth. 

"What do you want to converse about, Kris Wu-shi ?" Junmyeon placed the fork and looked deadpan on him. 

Kris was made realized of Junmyeon, Suzy, Yura, Lay, Chanyeol, and Tiffany's hatred toward him. It was subtle and was not really obvious, but they made certain of it shown. It was not like they showed it blatantly, it was like they sometimes didn't knew their actions showed it. They couldn't control emotions shown on their eyes, they never learned how to conceal their emotions and feelings like Kris did most of the time. He laid it bare in front of Sehuna unfortunately, used her as the target of his frustration, blamed her for every bad luck that happened. 

"Your wife never mentioned your name. Staffs that ever met her almost assumed Chanyeol-shi was the husband. We later knew it was wrong assumption after it revealed Tiffany-shi was his wife. She said her husband was on job duty and couldn't attend to take care of his wife. We are not dumb, but we know it was inappropriate to ask" Junmyeon took deep breath before continuing his words.

"I have no right to make any assumption about you or your marriage, what happened between you two was not my concerned. I was only the doctor who was being paid to take care of my patient. Should you try to find redemption, you won't find it on me" Junmyeon said calmly, his expression neutral. It seemed like he talked to his patient. 

Kris felt acid bile on his throat, he pressed his feeling from resurface. He smiled little to Junmyeon, he completely understood. He didn't come to force Junmyeon to console him and copped on of his behaviour toward Sehuna. Junmyeon had said he might make assumption. Despite the ill treatment she received, she wouldn't say single bad words about him. 

"She was great woman, the wiser that might I ever encountered. I never forgotten what she said to me that time. Good matter or bad matter is always good. Good matter taught you to be grateful, bad matter taught you to be patience. I hold to it since that time, tries to understand it myself. It's difficult than I thought though" He siped his drink, his face was more relax. 

Kris caught Junmyeon's worried gaze this time. He didn't have any idea what to interpret it this time. He offered sincerest smile after.

"She will be really sad, should she sees you blames yourself for everything that happened. She was full of love, shw showed empathy even to strangers. She loved you" Junmyeon said, he was waiting for Kris answer. Kris himself didn't know how to react, he closed his eyes and calmed his emotions down.Junmyeon didn't stay for long time, he was needed at hospital. He left Kris to think alone. 

______

Do I come back to Seoul to find redemption? 

He brought his arm to his eyes. He was tired and resigned to deep slumber, hoped the unconsciousness would help him ease the pain he currently felt