Mens Rea

Amare

"If you would be happy for lifetime, grow Chrysanthemum" (Chinese Philospher)

Chanyeol shook his head in amusement. Tiffany had tried to coax the baby boy, Junmyeon's son to laugh. Making funny expression, but the baby seemed only mild interest and even shying away, hid his face on his mother's chest. Lu Hua smiled apologetically to them. 

"Come here" The baby boy looked up, his eyes were searching for his father. Lu Hua gave the baby to Junmyeon and made gurgling sound. Chanyeol couldn't help to laugh at his wife's predicament. Tiffany sent death glare to him which he ignored wholeheartedly. His eyes caught Lu Hua's who smiled softly to him before focusing her attention to her husband and baby. He didn't exactly think of the past, his mind brought him back to the day where Kevin was born. He never referred the day in other term, his beloved nephew was miracle himself and he wouldn't have him the other way.

Flashback

The first time he saw the baby, he attempted to smile in spite of the sound of his heart cracking was really clear to his ears. He hugged Tiffanny tightly, kissed her crown and stood there, watching the baby being cradled by nurse. 

My nephew, thank you for being born. 

He asked Suzy to company his wife. He knew he needed to do something. He took deep breath, held his tears away and made call to Lay. He tried to give brief information without showing his emotional wreck after receiving the griefful news. Lay promised him to inform Kris' parents. Chanyeol hardened his heart and found his last strength to knock on Doctor Kim's door. He could hear the voice of him cracked when he said come in. 

"We had discussed it before. I need your help now" Chanyeol said, doctor Kim nodded his head slightly. 

"Why do you do this, Mr. Park? He never been there. It was you who was by her side"

"I don't need credit for what I was doing for my own sister. He has been hurt enough because of this" Park Chanyeol had not enough strength to say it out loud. He want more time before he could admit he lost his sister.

"Mr. Park, the garden surely is beautiful. She loved it" Chanyeol nodded his head. The hospital garden he fought for her to be allowed being planted with every single flowers she preferred.

"Her husband would do the same, if he had chance" 

"I may dislike to do it. Nevertheless, I keep my words" Chanyeol  said his thank only above the whisper and gave the young doctor small smile before leaving the room.

_____

Lay had arrived before Sehuna's parents got the call from Chanyeol. He admitted how strong Chanyeol was, Kris showed his remorse on his sleeve leaving Chanyeol the only one who kept the facade as the calmest and unaffected one in the picture. Lay had tried to corner Chanyeol after several nurses and doctors left their condolences, maybe it was only patted on the back or gentle squeezes. Yes, they were sorry and felt empathy to the young man who had lost his "sister". He heard an older nurse talked to her colleagues how hard it was for her to look straight to Chanyeol's eyes, he didn't show any emotion, it was blank. Everyone who had met him and talked to him would be dumb not to realize how hurt he was. It would be better, had he cried. Chanyeol didn't cry, he was able to pull small smile on his face and nodded hia head in gratitude for their kind gestures.

"Your facade won't fool anyone" Lay said calmly. Chanyeol laughed bitterly, the sound of his laugh was very painful to be heard. It showed the hollowness that Chanyeol felt. 

"It was better than not showing any emotion at all. I am feeling numb. Blank expression is counted as showing feeling, right?" Chanyeol chuckled slightly. Lay looked away, calming his own emotion, it wouldn't do, if he showed his true feeling. 

"Let me help you" Lay said, he didn't know what he had to help him with, but he knew it was Chanyeol who had done all the responsibility which had been trusted to Kris by Sehuna's parents to protect their daughter. He took the role as her anything, friend, brother, parent, even as "husband" for Sehuna.

_______

Lu Hua walked faster to Junmyeon's office room. On her way , she met a young woman with puffy eyes walked aimlessly. It didn't take Lu Hua long time why she was crying. A nurse ran to hee side and talked to the girl, she heard name Sehuna being mentioned.

" 'M okay" Said the girl, the nurse didn't seem convince, but let it. The nurse saw Lu Hua and bowed slightly. Lu Hua bowed back before walking faster to her husband office. She pushed the door without knocking at it first. Junmyeon seemed in deep. he closed the door softly this time. She crossed the room and circled the desk before stood beside him. 

"Junmyeon" He looked up from the record he had been reading Sehuna's medical record.... He had known every single information, but he found himself read it again. He turned his seat and offered small smile to her. She forced a smile on her own lips.

"I don't know you have came back from Beijing. I thought you would...." He didn't know why, he found his body being hold in her embrace. The medical report dropped to the floor. He was stiffened for a while before relaxing.

Lu Hua got call from the head nurse informed her that his husband would perform a surgery on his patient. As surgeon it wouldn't surprise Lu Hua, it was his job. She cut her stay at her parents' house and took the first flight her hand could lay on after knowing the said patient was Sehuna Wu. She cursed Junmyeon under hee breath, if only she knew that she wouldn't go to Beijing. She didn't remember where her belongings, she only knew she had to see Junmyeon fast. She was arrived at hospital to receive the news she was afraid to hear already came true. 

"You did your best, Jun" His hands slowly circling on her waist.

"Oh anima effimera che ti celi nel profondo dell'inganno chi hai continuato ad aspetarre nel bosco deserto? Privato di un'ala l'uccellino ha chiuso gli occhi in silenzio. La sofferenza e svanita lontano, ora l'uccelino non piange piu" Lu Hua felt Junmyeon hugged her tighter. She looked down to her husband. 

"Riposa in pache" He whispered. Lu Hua said nothing to that. 

_______

Suzy wiped the tears away from her cheeks using her back hand. The tears stubbornly continuously flowed down from her eyes. The baby boy was separated from where she stood outside the room he was currently in. Inside the incubator placed in the middle of the room with the other babies. She didn't care how others saw her right now. Tiffany was already being comforted by her close friends Sooyoung and Hyeyeon. They flight from Seoul yo Busan immediately after got short call from Chanyeol. 

"Hei there" She tried to talk between sob that finally wrecked her body. She brought her hand to . 

"We love you" She managed at last before took her leave from her spot. Her job was already ended, but she never wished it would be this way though she was aware the risk Sehuna faced. 

_________________________________________________________________

Chanyeol snapped from his thought when he felt his palm was being crushed and made him turned his head to Tiffany. He saw burning rage on her eyes, he was not the only one who felt it. Lu Hua and Junmyeon seemed to feel it as well. Chanyeol turned his gaze to the direction of Tiffany's eyes gazed on to. He widened his eyes and he felt anger that he had burried deep on his heart leaked and made known of its presence. 

"Jessica" He spatted. He stood from his seat and walked directly to where Jessica was conversing comfortably with her companion. Tiffany would followed him, if Lu Hua didn't catch her hand and shook her head. She was aware of his hatred to Jessica. She watched him woreiedly, he almost reached the table before stopped abruptly. He brought his right hand to his eyes. This time, Tiffany stood from her seat and walked to Jessica's table herself. Chanyeol seemed to realize her presence and tried to stop her. Jessica and the man looked up when they was aware of her presence.

"Miss, what....... " Tiffany cut the man's words. She looked straight to Jessica's eyes. 

"May you find a peace on making many suffer. I pray to God you will never experience what Sehuna did. May I find myself can forgive you after you made my nephew motherless" She said coldly and clearly ensured every single person in the restaurant heard her, she felt hand on her shoulder, she shoved that hand away. Turned her back before took a leave from the said restaurant. Tiffany didn't wip the tears which was flowing freely from her eyes. 

Chanyeol couldn't help to laugh looking to bewildered Jessica, bitter chuckle left his mouth. Her companion looked between them, Chanyeol would feel pity on him, if it was in different situation. He showed his hatred and burning anger on his eyes, sinister smile on his face.

"When karma knocks on your door, no one can't help you. I, Park Chanyeol, promise you, Jung Jessica that Oh Sehuna won't ever be forgotten" He said calmly as if informed her about the weather. He left the restaurant after bowed apologetically to the Kim family and paid for their bill. Lu Hua and Junmyeon were left speechless to the display before their eyes. Lu Hua recovered first, she looked down to the baby in Junmyeon's arms.

"They won't seek of revenge. They believe God will do the judgment, they pray to God that He will make her suffers. Not directly, but the wound they feel maybe enough to force God to lend a hand for them" She said softly.

"How many?" Lu Hua direct the question to Junmyeon. 

"How many persons got hurt after she left?" Junmyeon looked away, sad smile on his face. He hold his baby boy tighter.

"She is loved by many" That was enough for Lu Hua. She knew she was unfair, but she was only woman who loved the man beside her. 

Forgive me for being selfish, God. Let Sehuna rests in the peace and bring the justice to anyone who ripped her deserved happiness from her. Let them suffer of their own sins and misdeed they inflicted on her and everyone who loves her. Amin.....

_________________________________________________________________

Kevin was laughing happily along with Litch. The entire family was sitting on the floor. Their guests couldn't hide their smiles. It was sunday and they had morning feast. Kris invited his friends to join their breakfast. Pierre and James were the first to come followed by Sylvia, Kain and Litch, and Nate. "McLaden" couldn't come said Kain. He didn't know why the two had not secure any peace threaty. It was amusing at first, but it had planted headache permanently when they encountered. They were good friends though.

"Have you congratulated Chanyeol for his promotion. He got promote to new position, he deserves. His passion on structure rivals you Kris. Well, in different way though as he is civil engineer. It is no doubt many architects will be put on their toes, should they mess up with Chanyeol's department. He gave hard time for the young recruit intern for their sometimes recklessness and brash attitude" Kris chuckled, his father comment was borderly childish. 

"Oh..... There was a news I received yesterday, I almost forget about it. I heard H&S Group bought A-fashion.The company faced internal crisis and made the board director deciding went puclic as the last choice. H&S Group bought the largest fair share. I am still wrapping my mind on it, H&S Group does gambling on this. I never thought they or Bang Yong Guk specially would expand their business to fashion. I..." 

"A-fashion, Jung family?" His mother asked cutting his father's sentence. His father nodded. Kris tried to digest their conversation, A-fashion was Jessica's family fashion business and did his father said Bang Yong Guk. 

"Pardon me, father. Bang Yong Guk?"

"Yes. Bang Yong Guk the CEO of H&S Group. We never did business with their company, but we ever met him several times at events" His father said further.

Bang Yong Guk..... Park Yura's husband. Is it coincidence?

"Kris?" His father shook his shoulder. Kris blinked his eyes and met his father worried gaze. 

"Sorry. I tried to draw any possibility of Bang Yong Guk's new business expansion with their various business fields" Kris lied smoothly. His mother looked at him skeptically. 

"Baba....." Kris averted his gaze to Kevin, the young boy had walked to him. A chocolate smeared on his lips, he chuckled before took tissue that being handled to him by Sylvia.

"Thank you" He said and he wipped the chocolate from Kevin's mouth. The boy scrunched his face. He laughed and told the boy that he had finished. He almost missed the chocolate on Kevin's hand.

"For you" Kevin said. He knew Kevin really liked chocolate, it was not the first time Kevin shared his favorite snacks and chocolate with him, but Kris couldn't help to feel the same happiness he felt every time Kevin did this. 

"Baba" Kevin tilted his head slightly and hold the chocolate higher. Kris smiled to him and took the chocolate, Kevin's face lifted up and his eyes twinkled. 

"Thank you, my son" He brought him to his embrace, not caring about the chocolate on Kevin's hand that dirtied his white polo shirt.

Thank you, Sehuna