Fire

Will You Be Mine?

They walk together holding hands. They turn a corner and they’re gone. I hold my anger inside, remembering that Jong Hyun is still with me. He coughs and sits on a swing. I sigh “Aigoo, it must feel very awkward for him.” I bite my lip and decide to stay away from him.

Meanwhile:

*Change of P.O.V*

Su Ji pulls Shi Yoon along, holding his hand. He pulls his hand away from hers and says “What’re doing?!” Su Ji looks at Shi Yoon with a hurt face. She frowns and says “Well since they didn’t want to go, I thought we should.” Shi Yoon shakes his head and answers back “I’m sorry, but I’ll be going now.” And before he turns away he says “Also don’t grab my hand like that ever again.” And he walks away.

Su Ji in complete distress fall to her knees and starts to cry. “Why!” she yells out. Then the thought of Shi Soon and Ji Eun together start to boil inside of her. Su Ji wipes her tears away. “Just you wait Ji Eun” she scoffs “I’m not going to let this go.”

________________________

                *Back to Ji Eun’s P.O.V*

                Night Time:

                I walk back home and behind me I hear footsteps. I decide to not turn around and I pick up my pace. Then a hand touches my shoulder. “AHH!” I yell out. I turn around with my eyes closed shut and I start to attempt to throw punches at the person. All I hear is “W-..Wait- it’s me!”

                *Bang*

I slowly open my eyes and see Shi Yoon struggling, holding my wrists, trying to stop my punches. I gasp. “Omo! Did I punch you?!” I look at his face and blood starts to run down his nose. My eyes widen “Omo! What do I do?! I’m so sorry!” Shi Yoon smiles “It’s nothing, I’m okay. Do you have a tissue?” I look through my bag and see a pack of tissues.

“Here” I say

“Thanks”

As we continue walking I look at him, then I notice a bruise on his right cheek. I bite my lip. “I am so sorry; you even have a bruise on your cheek.” He looks at me with a confused look and touches his cheek. “Ow! You’re right.” He laughs “Ji Eun you really know how to throw punches.” He smiles and says “Its okay.”

“No it’s not” I reply back “It’s going to swell, follow me.” I grab his arm and pull him to the nearest market.

I grab an ice pack while he waits for me at a table. I arrive and I start to put it on his cheek. Shi Yoon leans back. “It’s okay, I can do it.” I shake my head “I should do it, I’m the one who did it to you.” I gently apply the ice pack on his cheek.

“Is it just me or are we getting closer to each other?” He leans in and I look down at his lips. We get in closer.

“Omo! Is he going to kiss me?!” I start to panic but at the same butterflies start to form in my stomach. As we get closer the store manager appears. “We’re closing soon” he says. Shi Yoon and I look at each other then we notice how close we are. We pull back and I start to blush. As I look at him, he starts to blush and says “Look at the time! Thanks for everything, bye!”

_________________________

                Saturday:

                 I receive a text from Su Ji. “Meet me at the school’s field.” *beep* another one comes “RIGHT NOW!” I go outside and run to the school as fast as I can. Once I arrive I see Su Ji waiting for me on the field. I run some more and once I arrive; well It wasn’t what I expected. But I should’ve seen it coming.

Su Ji walks up to me. Once were face to face she punches me in the face. I fall down to my knees. I look up and see her face, glaring down at me. She spits beside my leg. Then she starts to laugh. “Remember what I told you?” I look down at the ground and say nothing.

“LOOK AT ME!” she yells “And stand up!” I struggle to get up but once I do she uses her heel to kick me in the leg. I yell in pain. “All I got to say it hurt like a little-..” I fall again and then these people start to surround us holding eggs in their hands. I look around in shock. Su Ji gestures them to ‘shoot’.

Egg after egg I keep getting hurt. All around me I hear laughter as I get hit. I try to stand up, but I have no energy. I fall to my knees and start to cry. The laughter grows and then Su Ji lifts my chin and punches me, once again. “Why must this happen to me?!” I tell myself. Then darkness fills my eyes and all I hear is laughter ringing all around me.