Chapter 2

The breaking of a concept

Stepping in his flat Daehyun suddenly felt tired. Nothing went acording to plan and honestly ... what was he to do now?

 

"You look like "

 

Daehyun turned to face his room-mate and sighted before throwing his jacket in the general direction of the couch.

 

"Glad to hear that Yongguk, making me feel so much better" he answered with as much sarcasm as he could muster.

 

That night Daehyun couldn't sleep. Flashes of the previous day went through his head on and on untill the first rays of light.

He debated for a long time wether to get out of bed and go attend his lectures or just ignore the world for a day. It wouldn't be that bad would it? In the end he decided to go, not because he didn't want to miss classes but staying in his room whole day didn't give him much of a chance to see a certain slim blonde singer and that thought sealed the deal.

Seeing Youngjae was the only good part of friday mornings. The younger boy always got to class before Daehyun did which was okay. It only meant he could chose a good spot from which he could see the blonde without problems.

 

"... and Jung Daehyun please come talk to me at break time"

 

Daehyun's eyes snapped to his professor and he frowned. What was that all about? Maybe he should have listened to the old man instead of watching Youngjae remove his jacket and take out his books all while watching, and supposingly listening to, their teacher.

The class seemed to drag on and on which could be because Daehyun wasn't really interested in today's subject – something about reaching high notes which he could already do so being here was pretty much pointless – and because he couldn't figure what his teacher wanted.

His confusion disappeared when he noticed Younjae going towards the teacher's desk as well. It had to be related to the project. A big smile slowly made it's way to Daehyun's face. The other two students next to Youngjae weren't even half-decent singers. With a plan in mind he strolled to the front of the class already feeling much better.

 

"The 4 of you haven't yet decided on a partner for the project and I'm afraid we can't postpone it anymore"

 

Youngjae looked at the floor, he didn't look happy at all but Daehyun hoped to be able to do something about that. Before he could speak one of the other boys started.

 

"I can work with Youngjae!" he was one of those people that thought he was great at everything when in truth he barely managed to get things done. Always had to team with the smartest of people in order to pass.

 

After hearing the boy's words Youngjae looked a bit more than sad but forced a smile to his face. Daehyun was well aware of the fact that Youngjae was .. simply put too damn nice! And now he was about to agree to work with the loser? The idea infuriated the Busan singer and he spoke before the blonde had the chance to.

 

"Actually me and Youngjae already started working" he put a half fake smile on his face while looking at the teacher "We just forgot to put our names on the list" his laughter filled the room "Guess we focused a bit too much on the actual work"

 

The teacher turned to Youngjae for confirmation. The blonde was stunned and confusion was clear in his eyes but Daehyun released the small breath he's been holding when he heared the other speak.

 

"Yes, I'm sorry. It's my fault really, stayed up late learning yesterday and forgot about that"

 

For the rest of the day Daehyun couldn't be bothered to pay attention to well, anything really. Youngjae was now working with him. The simle thought made him happy and he skipped towards the library where the blonde agreed to meet him.

They were actually meeting! It wasn't just Daehyun watching from a safe distance it was ... mutual in a way and that made Daehyun very very happy.

 

_______

A/N: I'm not entirely happy with this chapter for some reason. I kept editing parts again and again untill I reached the conclusion that if I don't post it now I never will. So decided to put it up and just keep going with chapter 3. I know that so far things are going very slowly, can't guarantee it'll move faster, I just go with the flow.

Thank you all for subscribing and reading. Special thanks for the comments <3