Chapter 3

The breaking of a concept

Tall, with long dark hair, pretty eyes and slim. That's what Daehyun would say whenever someone would ask him about his ideal girl. Someone with a lot of confidence, great figure and who would listen to his every word with admiration.

 

So why were his eyes insisting on scanning the boy in front of him with almost predatory interest? He knew he found the other male to be a good singer, someone that could keep up with him and not the general idiot that he usually met. But from there to imagining what he could do if the two of them would be in a more private setting, was a long way.

 

"You're not even listening to me!"

 

Daehyun's eyes snapped from the blonde male's tighs to his face.

 

"Huh?" well the blonde had pretty legs, more than most of the girls Daehyun dated maybe ...

 

"You're impossible! I agreed to work with you because..."

 

Daehyun stopped him "Because there was no one else"

 

The blonde glared "I would've worked just fine alone. So now could you please focus on our work so we can both have a nice free afternoon?"

 

Daehyun's mind provided a few images generated by the younger boy's words and he smiled without realizing. Yes, he could quite imagine having a free afternoon with the boy in front of him. They could go to his flat and if the gods would have mercy Yongguk would be out and they'd have the whole place to themselves.

 

The older boy snapped out of his thoughts when he heared a familiar song. He recognized the famous Bigbang song only when Youngjae already answered his ringing phone causing Fantastic Baby to stop playing.

 

"Yes? I told you that I have a project to do ... no ... are you serious"

 

Daehyun frowned while shamesly listening to Youngjae speak ... to whom? Daehyun wasn't really sure how many friends the younger had but whoever he was speaking to sounded a bit too comfortable with talking to Daehyun's partner.

 

"Sorry"

 

"Wait! What are you doing?" Daehyun's eyes widened as Youngjae began gathering his stuff.

 

"I have to go, it's kind of urgent" he stopped then frowned "You weren't paying attention anyway so I suppose it's better to not sit here and waste time anyway"

 

"But we had an appointment!" Daehyun was surely upset. How dare whoever just called interrupt his time with Youngjae!

 

~ * ~

 

Jung Daehyun was seriously pissed. Since that first meeting in the library they've met 3 more times and each time they'd finish working Youngjae would either recieve a call or make one and then he laughed and left the place while talking happily to whoever was on the other side of the call.

 

He stabbed the cake in front of him viciously with the spoon before taking a bite. It was really unfair. The Busan singer honestly thought it would be perfect if he got to work with Youngjae but now that they were (kind of) working together he found that wasn't nearly enough. He wanted... more and while he wasn't entirely sure what that was supposed to mean he knew seeing more of the blonde boy was a requirement.

 

"Would you like anything else?"

 

Daehyun looked up from the cheesecake at which he'd been staring (glaring) at to the pretty waitress smiling at him. She had a nice face and ... Every thought he had just stopped as he glanced towards the window. His blonde singing partner was there, walking on the other side of the road and chatting. Daehyun's face morphed into a glare as he noticed Youngjae laughed and threw a punch towards another guy. He was tall, black haired and surely handsome. And since it wasn't like Youngjae to kick and joke with a stranger Daehyun had to asume they knew each other.

 

Even though he rushed to pay and leave the shop it was already too late because Youngjae and the other boy were already long gone.

 

When he reached his apartment he had more questions than answers. Who was the guy? What was he doing with Youngjae? What were they laughing so much about and why in the world did he care so much again?

 

"Ouch, what the ..." muttered Daehyun distracted as he glanced back to see on what he tripped. One of his eyebrows lifted comically when he saw Yongguk flat on the floor doing push-up's.

 

"Don't you watch where you're going?" asked the elder but he didn't stop his training.

 

"Can't you do this somewhere other than the middle of the room? There's a gym like two blocks away..."

 

"Don't want to go there"

 

Daehyun momentarely pushed the thoughts of Youngjae from his mind. Lately his room mate and best friend has been acting strange but he didn't ask because he knew Yongguk liked his space. Maybe it was time to question his friend...

 

He walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge grabbing a couple of beers with no rush. When he returned to the living room Yongguk was leaning against the sofa panting and glaring at the tv where a cheap drama was running on mute. Daehyun sat down next to his friend and pushed one of the cans towards his blonde best friend.

 

"You look like you need it"

 

Yongguk frowned. He wasn't a fan of drinking but maybe just this once...

 

"So, mind telling your best friend what's wrong or do I have to watch you break down and tell me anyway? That's just going to waste time and make it more fun for me ..." he said jokinly because he was slightly unsure of what to expect. Yongguk was always so calm and cool about everything. Last time Daehyun saw the older male behave like this was when he just told his family he wanted to study music.

 

Yongguk took the beer can to his mouth and drank as if purposefully avoiding answering the question. They sat in silence while drinking beer after beer and Daehyun watched the emotions flashing on his hyung's face. From anger to frustration and pure happiness.

 

"Daehyun-ah ... I ... I think I'm in love"

 

_____________________

A/N: What's the best way to avoid work? I thought I should clean around the house but I was too lazy to get up from the pc and I wouldn't know where to start so I decided to look over chapter 3 and I deemed it ready to be posted. I'd love to know what you guys think so far and if you have anything you wish to see more ... other than that, thank you all for reading!