Chapter 4

The breaking of a concept

 

The following day nothing could make Daehyun focus. Not even Youngjae. His mind was in chaos. Last night, after those last words were said he watched as his best friend stared at the floor sadly while tracing random patterns on the carpet.

 

Daehyun waited for Yongguk to sit up and laugh, tell him it was all a joke and make fun of his trusting nature. But he didn't ...

 

Bang Yongguk didn't fall in love. He was the toughest guy Daehyun ever met. Heck, he was like a model in the matter. Yongguk actually had even 3 or 4 girlfriends at the same time and they were okay with each other! Well, maybe not really okay but they knew of the others' existence and accepted it because it meant they still could have the blonde male even if for a while.

 

It was no more than two months ago when Yongguk signed a contract with a big agency. Everything was shushed but it was certain the red haired rapper was on his way to success. Which is why Daehyun felt so confused now...

 

Everything was just too confusing. But the most important question was the obvious one. Who did the mighty underground rapper fall for? As much as he thought about it Daehyun couldn't remember if his friend mentioned any new girl that caught his attention so who was this person?

"I'm so confused" groaned Yongguk as he laid his head on the table after finishing his second coffee.

 

"I thought you said you're in love"

 

The rapper lifted his head causing his black sunglasses to slide lower on his nose and he glared at his friend.

 

"Not about that. About what to do!"

 

Daehyun snorted "Do what you usually do. Buy her something, whisper sweet nothings and promise her she'll be girlfriend numer ... was it 4?"

 

"It's not like ..."

 

Yongguk's sentence was cut when Daehyun shushed him, his wide eyes focusing on the two boys that just entered the restaurant. The older male followed his friend's gaze and his mouth opened slightly.

 

Youngjae waved awkwardly before the guy next to him said something. The two spoke for a minute before they made their way to Daehyun's table.

 

"Hello Daehyun, Yongguk hyung" Youngjae's smile was genuine and it dazzled Daehyun to the point where it took him a good minute to remember where he was and that somehow Youngjae seemed to know Yongguk?

 

While he was staring into space the two boys sat down and currently were talking as if this was the most casual occurence.

 

"Huh?" he knew he must've sounded pretty dumb but he really really didn't know how he was supposed to react. Youngjae was here, with the guy he's been dumping Daehyun for, chatting with Yongguk like they were old friends and actually the three of them seemed to know each other!

 

"Oh yeah, you don't know each other" Youngjae rubbed the back of his head. "Daehyun this is Kim Himchan, Himchan this is Jung Daehyun, we're working together on the project I told you about"

 

"Ah, nice meeting you Daehyun" Himchan smiled showing perfect white teeth.

 

"You look like you have a massive hangover hyung, you should know better than to drink on week days" Youngjae sounded almost like a parent and when the red haired boy smiled and looked down almost embarassed Daehyun felt truly lost.

 

"Daehyun offered!" he said looking more towards Himchan.

 

"You should know better, you're older!"

 

Yongguk coughed awkwardly, unused to being treated like a child, more so if it was in public. "So what are you two doing here?" he asked attempting to change the subject.

 

"We decided to grab a bite before going to see a movie" Himchan was still smiling as their order arrived.

 

"Crazy, Stupid, Love." said Youngjae laughing as he picked a fry from Himchan's plate after sending the older boy a puppy look.

 

Oh nonono.NO! That sounded... almost like a ... date?!

 

____________

A/N: So chapter 4's here. I'm sorry for making chapters short but in my mind's better if they're a tad bit shorter but I update fast than waiting weeks for a longer one? As usual, thanks for reading <3