Chapter 19

The breaking of a concept

 

 

Youngjae leaned against the fake wall and glared at himself in the mirror for what seemed to be the 100th time.

 

Come out or I'll come in!!”

 

The blond leaned forward and just banged his head on the mirror a couple of times trying to ignore Himchan. He had missed his friend of course but seeing as this wasn't the ideal way he wanted to spend his time with the other …

 

When Himchan heard that Daehyun had asked Youngjae on a formal date he was overjoyed. The idea that his friend could have at least a part of the happiness he felt right now with someone was really melting him. Of course when he found out exactly where they were going and more importantly what Youngjae had planned to wear (an old suit he had worn to all the events he had attended in the past few years) he almost had a !

 

Dragging Youngjae out to shop was never easy. It usually involved a few threats, well places pokes and maybe even a bit of blackmail. They were at the fourth store so far and even though Himchan though some of the suits he made Youngjae try looked really nice nothing stood out as much as he would've liked.

 

After deciding this outfit was not good enough either Himchan grabbed Youngjae's hand (the younger had indeed tried to make a very subtle escape) and went on to the next store. They had an impressive collection and Himchan started browsing immediately but keeping an eye on the blonde just in case.

 

Hello, may I help you?”

 

Himchan looked up to the person that spoke. The girl was pretty and obviously not korean, her smile seemed genuine and honestly Himchan really needed a tad bit of help. Trying to dress Youngjae was like struggling to do the same thing to a six year old on a sugar rush.

 

We're actually looking for a suit” he said smiling showing what Yongguk dubbed the rabbit smile.

 

Ah I see, for both of you?” she asked as she scanned both boys from head to toe.

 

Just my friend” Himchan pushed Youngjae forward a bit, letting the girl look closer.

 

I have a few ideas” she said after about a minute.

 

The first outfit the girl put him into was a tad bit too much for him, a dark blue with gold stripes along the edges and golden buttons was too much for Youngjae's style.

 

The girl mumbled to herself and Youngjae thought he heard “Figures...” before she handed him another outfit.

 

He was tired of trying clothes.

 

Last one” she said smiling and looking straight at him “I promise”

 

Even Youngjae was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. The white and black suit looked good, really good. He turned slightly and briefly thought if Daehyun was going to like it. He blushed at his own thoughts before shaking his head and stepping out of the dressing room.

 

Oh my!” the girl giggled and gave him the thumbs up. Youngjae looked at Himchan surprised to see his hyung's expression.

 

Himchan puffed his cheeks slightly “Unfair, you look really good”

 

After purchasing the suit, with a nifty discount since they unknowingly made friends with one of the designers, they both headed to lunch.

 

So how are you and Yongguk hyung?” asked the younger biting into his pizza slice.

 

Himchan couldn't but blush. They were.. perfect. There just wasn't another word for it. “We're really good, he's staying with me for a bit”

 

Youngjae smiled even though Himchan couldn't notice considering he was staring down at his plate obviously embarrassed.

 

I'm happy for you hyung” the blonde laughed lightly “About time really”

 

He only began laughing harder when his pouting friend threw a napkin at him.

 

~ * ~

 

It was 9am, still 10 hours until Daehyun would be here to pick him up. So maybe 8 hours until he had to begin getting ready. Youngjae wouldn't admit it to anyone but he was really scared about this night.

 

He would see and maybe even meet his favorite musician ever and that made him giddy, he really looked forward to the performances of the night.

 

But then again … he was going to be surrounded by people he didn't know, people on who's level he really wasn't. He wasn't a fool, he knew he didn't have Daehyun's money and that most of the people there were only rich idiots who liked showing off more than appreciating the fantastic event they had the chance to witness.

 

Then there was the fact that he was going with Daehyun. It was the first thing that he did as a big date. Ever. Minho never did this kind of fancy event for him, the best they've ever had was a reservation at one of the famous local restaurants but then again they were just in high school.

 

Despite what people might think he wasn't stupid. He knew exactly that if he agreed to go to this thing with Daehyun it would mean he was giving their relationship a chance. Because honestly he wasn't such a cruel person as to take advantage of what the other offered and then just walk away. Youngjae bit his lip lightly and curled into a ball on the sofa soon falling into a deep sleep. He dreamed of light feather like touches of hands he knew so well.

 

Going to sleep was not planned and neither was waking up just one hour before Daehyun was supposed to show up so anyone would be highly amused by Youngjae's currently panic mode. He took a quick shower making sure to wash his hair properly and then proceeded to be worried whether or not it was going to dry before his date arrived.

 

He got dressed with only a few minutes to spare and tried his best to make his hair look halfway decent before stopping in the middle of the room. He really wanted to call Himchan for a few last pieces of advice but his doorbell rang and it made Youngjae's heartbeat quicken instantly.

 

Walking to the door as fast as his almost shaking legs could let him he opened the door and stood amazed. Daehyun looked bloody perfect. Black suit, perfectly styled hair and a smile to kill for. The elder didn't even notice the look Youngjae was giving him because he was way too busy drooling.

 

He his lips slowly tempted to just forget all about the party and push the delectable blonde in front of him inside and just skip to snogging him senseless (maybe more). He had to fist his hand and push his nails into his palm harshly to regain control. This was about wooing Youngjae and was not the way to do that so Daehyun just settled for leaning forward, smelling the other's shampoo as he whispered a quick “You look good” before planting a sweet kiss on the blonde's cheek.

 

Youngjae blushed cutely. “You look good too”

 

Daehyun nearly groaned out loud. Didn't the younger freakin how what he was doing to him, looking up at him through his eyelashes and smiling like a cute shy kid he was.

 

Let's go” the Busan singer extended his hand “We want to be only fashionably late”

 

Youngjae knew he shouldn't be surprised by the red sports car parked outside his apartment but still he was.

 

Didn't know you owned a car” he said as Daehyun kept the door open for him. Youngjae began thinking he'll be blushing all night if the elder kept this up.

 

I usually don't use it” he shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

 

The silence in the car was comfortable, Youngjae was too happy in his own thoughts and Daehyun too busy listing people he should steer away from. There were the obvious ones... Yongguk's parents who didn't really like Daehyun. They felt like he was another reason their son parted from them. Daehyun wouldn't allow them the chance to screw his night. Then the Wong couple, homophobic was an easy word to describe them and even though most of the people there wouldn't really see them as a couple he was sure the two would ruin their night if they crossed paths. Last on the list was Lina Kang, one of the few girls who could say they had something close to a relationship. Lina, as far as Daehyun knew, still wanted to try and get back together with him so that too was a big no-no.

 

They arrived barely fifteen minutes before the performance started but this was also a carefully planned part of Daehyun's plan. He wanted to just let Youngjae see the show, stay a bit to meet some people and show the younger that he wasn't by any means ashamed of being seen together with him anywhere and then just go somewhere more comfortable.

 

Youngjae stared around in awe. He knew the main Opera House but he it had been years since he's been inside and never in the main stage room. They were showed to their seats, very close to the stage, by a nice man who bowed slightly to both of them.

 

To be honest Daehyun didn't care much for the show at all. Sure, some pretty big names in music were on that stage but all he could care about was the man sitting to his right. Youngjae hadn't taken his eyes off the stage ever since it began and the elder just found the blonde's expression to be just adorable. It was sometime during the middle of the entire thing when he gathered the courage to move his arm to the other boy's. He used slow and soft movements to lace their fingers together and watched through the corner of his eye Youngjae's reaction. He seemed to froze up for a second before relaxing slightly.

 

Daehyun took it as a good thing but he was still surprised when the other squeezed his hand as well. Dae watched the bright smile that settled on his (almost) boyfriend's face as well as the blush that was slightly visible on his cheeks.

 

~ * ~

 

Everyone left towards the main hall in order and Daehyun chuckled to himself as he listened to Youngjae go on and on about this and that piece of music they just witnessed.

 

I'm glad you enjoyed it” he finally said as the two shared a glass of champagne. He really wanted to lean in and hug the fragile boy in front of him and was going to do just that, regardless of his surroundings when he heard the voice of the one person he never thought he would meet here.

 

Daehyunnie, so glad to finally catch up with you. I taught you better than to arrive late”

 

Daehyun watched Youngjae's surprised and slightly confused face before gathering up courage and turning around.

 

Mother, so … nice to see you here” at this point he was almost hissing at her.

 

Seeing as you don't really want to introduce us..” the woman stepped aside, coming closer to Youngjae. “Hello, I'm Jung Sara, Daehyun's mother”

 

Youngjae was mortified! Daehyun hadn't told him that his parents were going to be here! This wasn't expected at all and it honestly took a lot of effort for the young adult to not just blush and run away, probably hide for a while and instead extend his hand.

 

I'm Yoo Youngjae”

 

Sara had noticed the lack of a relationship being added there. Truthfully she wasn't very interested in the event. Initially she didn't want to attend at all and if her son wouldn't have been as suspicious as he was when he had asked for the tickets she wouldn't have been here. But since she did care a lot about her son and his well being she decided she really wanted to meet this person.

 

It surprised her when she spotted her son arriving but not with a girl like she expected but a young boy. He looked happy to be there but not really in his scene but that wasn't what made her want to meet him officially. During the entire show she had watched them and you had to be blind to not notice that her son cared a lot for the other, maybe even loved him.

 

Anyone who thought that either one of Daehyun's parents would be disappointed or maybe angry with him having a male partner was surely wrong. If anything she was relieved her son finally showed anything like affection and love. The only healthy relationship the young man had was with Yongguk and that was just friendship.

 

It's nice to meet you Youngjae. I couldn't help but hear you praise Martha's performance. I found it lovely as well..”

 

Daehyun watched as his mother walked away with Youngjae attempting to lure the blonde into a conversation. He was thorn between going after them and making sure his mother didn't say anything wrong to his blonde and staying here to talk with his father. Mr. Jung hadn't said a word and just now Daehyun began thinking that maybe he should've mentioned something to them.

 

I didn't think you two would be here” he said after a while, shifting from one foot to the other.

 

We're not upset Daehyun” the man said answering the teen's unspoken question “If anything we're relived. Sara's a bit upset you didn't introduce him to us though”

 

It's not..” he struggled to find words “Stable yet”

 

When it is” his father didn't seem to doubt that it will be “bring him over?”

 

Daehyun was speechless. This was a bit too much for him. He just nodded and walked to the side where his mother was laughing at something Youngjae said and the blonde was smiling.

 

She spotted him quickly “I'm very glad we managed to speak Youngjae, please visit us sometime”

 

Youngjae blushed, he seemed to be doing that a lot this night, before smiling slightly at Dae just letting him know everything was okay. The elder stood next to his date and quickly warped a protective hand around him.

 

I'm afraid me and your father have to go, we have early appointments” Sara moved to kiss her son on the cheeks and surprised Youngjae with the same treatment. With one last charming smile and a good bye she walked to her husband.

 

~ * ~

 

I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting them to be here, don't feel pressured by meeting them” Daehyun was almost begging as he and Youngjae stepped into the car.

 

I was just surprised, your mother is very nice”

 

Yeah... she is”

 

The silence that followed was interrupted by Daehyun's stomach. Youngjae laughed lightly, it was good to finally see Daehyun blush too, it seemed like lately only he was doing the blushing.

 

Want to go somewhere to eat?” he bit his lip slightly. It was the first time he suggested a date-like thing.

 

Daehyun shook his head slightly and stopped the car in front of the blonde's building. “I don't want to be around more people” the elder muttered as he turned and dropped his head on Jae's shoulder. “It's early... would you cook for me?”

 

Daehyun's puppy eyes made it almost impossible for Youngjae to deny him and soon they made their way upstairs. Watching Youngjae cook was relaxing and it made Daehyun wonder how it would be if they'd live together, if he'd wake up daily to see the blonde wear a funny, childish apron humming to himself while preparing a meal.

 

During the meal Daehyun kept mostly silent, listening to Youngjae go on and on about the night. At some point the younger pouted and complained that he was the only one talking which made him feel a bit like a fool but he was just so excited!

 

It was a bit after midnight when they both stood in the hall, Daehyun getting ready to leave.

Thank you Dae... for tonight”

 

Hearing the way his blonde said his name and having his shining cute eyes staring at him made Daehyun lose all thoughts of just getting a hug and being happy with just that. He leaned in slightly, waiting a bit just to give Jae a moment to back away if he wished to before connecting their lips.

 

It was like a taste of heaven. The soft lips under his own moved slightly and Daehyun couldn't resist the temptation to lightly at the plump bottom lip. The small moan that left Youngjae's mouth almost made the older lost control. Almost.

 

He was well aware that if he'd go too far his little blonde would freak out and honestly it was the last thing he wanted. He grabbed his keys from the table and whispered a quick 'Good night' before pecking the rosy lips in front of him lightly and walking towards the door.

 

He didn't expect the tight hold on his hand that stopped him from reaching the door. He turned to Youngjae with a questioning look.

 

The younger bit his lip nervously. 'Damn it just.. say it'

 

Would you stay?”

 

Daehyun thought his ears were failing him … or maybe this was a dream. He noticed the other's shy gaze and stepped closer again. Raising his hand to cup the blonde's cheeks he made their eyes connect.

 

Are you sure?”

 

Youngjae nodded.

 

There were no other words spoken as they both changed into night wear, Youngjae in his own clothes and Daehyun in some of Youngjae's larger old ones. It was obvious nothing more was going to happen but still the elder's heart and insides were a mess. Never, in his best dreams, didn't he imagine the night might end like this.

 

They stood awkwardly on the bed, face to face but still with a lot of space between them.

 

I...” Daehyun focused his eyes on the blonde's lips, then his eyes, as the younger began speaking “I thought about...” he didn't seem to know how to express himself “About us”

 

Dae stopped breathing for a second because this was just too good to be true.

 

I'd like to try”

 

Youngjae's shy glances and his words made Dae grab him and, with surprisingly much ease, pull him against his chest. They stood like that, with Youngjae plastered against Daehyun's form for a while before the Busan singer spoke.

 

Thank you for giving me this chance”

 

Youngjae relaxed slightly, allowing his fingers to unclench from around Daehyun's shirt and to push a hand up, towards the elder's hair. He ran his fingers through it lightly before raising his head up a bit and nuzzling comfortably in his new boyfriend's neck.

 

_________________________________

First of all let me just say O.M.G! I can't believe this, 150 subscribers, 5k views and over 100 comments. I feel the need to tell you Thank You! This story wouldn't be past the few first chapters if it wasn't for your constant support. <3

Am I blind or are there very (and by very I mean VERY) few supernatural B.A.P. fics? When I get home from university I'm tired, too tired for anything and I just sit and read, I can't even write because my brain just refuses to come up with plots. I really wanted to read a few supernatural fiction pieces about the boys but I came up with just a few that I really liked (and I finished already) so I thought to myself. Why does EXO get so many of them?! Jelly me is jelly.

Okay so I know I shouldn't really.. I have two unfinished stories up so adding a third will only make updates slower and this is why I'm asking. If the answer will be no I will not do it. Keep in mind if you say 'yes' updates for all three stories will be slower.

It's all up to you, if I end up writing it it will contain BoyxBoy (obviously) and romance (again... it's just my style).

 

And again, Thank you!!

~ Marisse