Who are you?

One Shot, One Chance

The day you found out that your parents had arranged your marriage at age 16, you knew you just had to leave.

The guy who you were supposed to marry was 24, and he was a heavy drinker. His breath reeked of beer all the time and his lopsided grin looked wild and pedo-like.

Your parents, who were already rich, wanted you to marry him for business purposes and their decision was firm. They were completely ignorant of this guy's alcoholic issues. If they weren't going to change their minds, you would change this situation yourself.

You left the house in the dead of night, the full moon glowing eerily in the dark sky. You walked and walked, and eventually found yourself in a small, dark alley that gave you some shelter from the night autumn wind. You pulled out a thin blanket from your bag and wrapped yourself up as much as you could, still shivering.

You drifted off to a cold and restless sleep, but suddenly, the wailing of sirens whooshed past the alley you were in, at least five cop cars flying by. Confused and startled, you got up and peeked around the corner of the brick building. The cop cars skidded around the corner of the block and zoomed off.

*What's going on?* you wondered.

Suddenly, a hand clamped over your mouth and held you tight in another arm. 

Shocked and sacred, you tried screaming and kicking, hitting your attacker repeatedly in the shins. You heard a low "ow", but it was when you bit his hand that he abruptly let you go.

You were about to scream for help and run down the street, but more tall guys ganged up on you, forcing you to cower against the wall.

Your heart was racing a marathon. *Who are these people? What do they want with me? Are they gonna me? Kill me? All of the above?*

The guy who had clamped his hand over your mouth came closer to you, shaking off the pain from your bite in his hand. He leaned down and murmured into your ear, "You'd better not scream - or else I'm gonna do something bad to you that you'll regret ever opening your mouth." His voice was very deep and vibrated in your eardrum.

You froze and stayed silent. The rest of the guys relaxed a bit, but they were still fully alert.

The guy who just talked to you pulled down the black bandana he had tied over his mouth and nose. He was good-looking and tough, but that didn't distract you from what was going on.

"Who...Who are you?" you asked in a quiet, shaky voice.

"We're B.A.P, and I'm the leader, Bang Yongguk. The police are kinda after us, if you didn't know," he said, glancing back at the direction of the police cars.

You stared uncertainly at them. *Are they part of a gang? What's with the bandanas and group name?*

"Now that you know who we are, I don't think we can let you go with all this secretive info," he said, tapping his chin thoughtfully in a sarcastic way.

*This is my chance to make a run for it,* you thought. You bit your bottom lip and tried to barge past the barrigade of sturdy bodies, but their reflexes were as sharp and quick as rabbits. Once you thought you were free, one of the members grabbed you around the waist and dragged you back to the alley. You kicked and screamed, "Let me go, let me go, you rapists!"

Yongguk grabbed your wrist and slammed you against the brick wall, almost knocking the breath out of you. He leaned close to your face and whispered menacingly, "Shut up, idiot. You'll get caught with us as an accomplice if the police find you here with us, understand?"

Your throat closed up and you started to cry. Yongguk looked a bit startled and looked at the others. One of the members pulled down his bandana and gave Yongguk a disapproving look. "Are you trying to scare the living crap out of her? Don't make it hard on her - it's not her fault that she's so scared."

You looked up at him through your tears. He looked trusting - he had a handsome face and acting very protective - like a mother hen. You appreciated his care for your feelings, but it didn't help one bit - especially because Yongguk only glared down at you.

"Whatever. Let's move," Yongguk said, starting to move quickly out into the darkness of the streets.

Your eyes widened. You grabbed onto Yongguk's jacket without thinking. He looked back at you with one annoyed eyebrow raised. "What do you think you're doing? We're letting you off the hook, kid."

"Um...I...I don't have a place to go to..." you stammered, looking down at the floor, more tears spilling out.

"What? Yes you do - don't lie. Go straight home and don't even think about mentioning about us to anyone," Yongguk said coldly. He started to move again but you pulled harder this time.

"I...don't have anywhere to go to anymore..." you whispered, sniffling. *My parents won't listen and they don't understand me. What kind of parents treat their kids like that?*

There was silence for a while, but another member pulled down his bandana and suggested to Yongguk, "Why don't we bring her with us?"

Yongguk turned to him and glared, "Are you serious, Jongup? Why would you even bring up that idea? You know that we're always on the run, and having an extra burden isn't going to help us get my sister out of danger!"

You felt hurt. *A burden? And why is his sister in danger?*

"Yah, we need someone to clean up our hideout and cook actual food for us anyway," one member said, pulling off his bandana as well. "We've been eating ramen for the past year for all our meals, and everyone's getting sick of having a smelly place to sleep in."

Yongguk fell silent for a moment, deep in thought.

With a defeated sigh, he agreed, "Fine. You listen up - if you want a place to stay, you need to do all the cooking and cleaning. And you can't follow us around when we're on missions. Got it?"

You nodded and wiped away your tears, smiling a little bit. "That's not a problem! I'll do my best!"

You bowed ninety degrees, smiling brightly. One of the members smirked. "For a person who doesn't even know what we've involved with - she's pretty okay with it."

"How old are you?" Youngjae asked gently. 

"I'm sixteen," you answered. *They all look a lot older than I am...*

He looked surprised. He looked directly at the boy who smirked before. "Yah, Zelo! She's the same age as you!"

Zelo looked equally surprised. He rubbed the back of his neck and muttered, "Well, that's awkward..."

"Daehyun and I are eighteen," Youngjae said, gesturing to the only member who didn't speak yet. His bandana was already down, so you could see what he looked like. Your heart fluttered when you observed his expressionless yet extremely handsome face.

Daehyun nodded his head once as a sign of saying "hello". Youngjae then gestured to Jongup, who raised an eyebrow at you. "He's one year older than you - seventeen. And Yongguk and Himchan hyungs are twenty years old. Oh yeah - what's your name? Silly of us not even bothering to ask you before."

"My name is Yoon Bokyung," you said shyly, not making any eye contact.

"Okay, introductions are over. Let's get moving," Yongguk interrupted impatiently.

He moved out while the other members began to leave the alley. Your heart was flooded with relief, thankful that these strangers (possibly dangerous) were taking you under their wing without much question.

The six B.A.P members were very fast and stealthy - it was hard to keep up with them. You huffed and puffed, your sides cramping and sweat trickling down your face.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms swept you up bridal styled. You gasped, looking up at your momentary savior. It was Daehyun - silent and quick on his feet even with you in his arms. You weren't so sure because of the shadows, but ti seemed like he was smirking at your rounded eyes.

*This girl is so clueless,* he thought as he ran alongside the others.

They finally arrived at a small, dirty and abandoned garage. You looked around the area - it seemed like it was poor neighborhood with not many people living there. There was only one street lamp, but it was very weak, not helping to illuminate the streets that much. 

Daehyun set you down and began following the other members into the garage. You quickly trailed behind him.

Yongguk pulled up the garage door. It creaked and shook, dust falling down. He slipped inside and the members followed. The door crashed closed behind you, making you jump and shout, "OH MY G-"

A hand flew over your mouth. The six boys "SHH!"ed you. "Shut up," Daehyun hissed.

Your cheeks flared up in embarrassment. The hand dropped from your mouth, leaving a sort-of tingly feeling on your lips. You shook your head and ordered yourself to snap out of it. 

It was pitch black in there, and you were scared of tripping over things on the ground. You instinctively reached out and grabbed onto someone's jacket. A voice said abruptly, "What the hell?"

"Sorry, I can't see," you whispered.

The voice grumbled something inaudible and let you hold onto him.

You heard a metal door creak open, and you felt the elevation of the floor drop abruptly - stairs appeared out of nowhere.

You stumbled and crashed into the member you were holding onto, making him stumble as well before regaining his balance.

"Aish! Quit tripping around!" he said, shaking you off him. 

"Wait! I can't see where I'm - " you cried out, starting to panic when a warm hand grasped yours.

"Come on," a soft, boyish voice said, leading you forward.

*That sounds like...Zelo?* you wondered, feeling surprised that he would help you out.

Suddenly, a light when you reached the bottom, momentarily blinding you. You squinted your eyes as they adjusted, taking in your surroundings. 

You were in a large room with no windows - there were three large beds with plain green, tousled blankets pushed together against the furthest wall to create one huge bed. There was a doorway in the further side of the room, where a rectangular shaped wooden table was, food wrappers, chopsticks, water bottles, and ramen bowls scattering it and the floor, a simple gas stove with a large metal sink next to it, filled with dirty glass bowls and cups, a mirror hung above the sink, and another door in the corner of the room.

"Make yourself at home," Yongguk sighed, plopping himself down at the edge of the bed.

Zelo let go of your hand and moved towards the bed also, dropping down on his back.

In the light, you could really see what these boys looked like - they all had brown or dark brown hair and wore dark clothing. Their facial features were defined and handsome, giving off a bad boy vibe from them.

"By the way, thanks for bumping into me earlier. Almost could've died," Jongup said with sarcasm.

Yongguk smacked the back of Jongup's head. He flinched and yelped, "OW! Hyung!"

"Fix that sarcasm of yours, idiot," Yongguk said, rolling his eyes.

"You need to stay inside for the majority of the day," Youngjae suddenly said. You turned to him, looking confused.

"Why?" you asked.

"Um...you see, it's dangerous out here - especially around us. If you're with us, then there's no day of relaxing. We're always on the move around Asia, but mostly China and Korea. Here is our main base that we always come back to, and no one else knows of this hideout except for us six," Youngjae explained.

"Why? Why are you guys on the move so often?" you questioned, curious to hear the answer.

"We're the most wanted criminals in Asia," Yongguk said in a dark tone.

Your eyes widened. *Criminals? Most wanted?*

"You could've broke it to her in a nicer way," Himchan said, rolling his eyes.

"I don't care. She has to accept this new reality. So, as I was saying, we're criminals. We steal things and sell valuable objects to gather money," Yongguk continued.

"The money is for his younger sister...She's in the hospital getting treated for cancer," Youngjae said softly.

It was silent in the room as this fact lingered in the air, but Daehyun spoke up for the first time, "And, we're being threatened by the most powerful illegal drug dealing group in Asia - the Dragon Ring. Their leader is in prison, and they want the ransom to get him out. If we don't..."

"Yongguk's sister is going to be in danger," Jongup finished, a grim expression on his face.

Yongguk suddenly stood up and stared at the floor, his brows scrunched together. He left the room silently, opening that door in the corner and entering the room behind it.

It was a bit awkwardly quiet after he had left. You broke the silence by asking, "Who's the leader?"

The B.A.P members looked uneasily at each other. "You...should get that answer from Yongguk himself one day - if he feels comfortable letting you know. He's a bit sensitive about all this..."

*No wonder he's always angry-looking,* you thought, making a face.

"Um, if you don't mind, could you possibly get to work cleaning up our hideout? It's a mess...I cleaned it up last month but the garbage keeps piling up and the smell is unbearable once it gets packed," Youngjae asked, smiling a little in shame.

You rolled up your sleeves and nodded, "Sure, I'll start right now. Are there garbage bags around here?"

----------------------------------------

After throwing away the trash, you proceeded to go to the local supermarket and buy food and a refrigerator for the hideout.

Youngjae kindly offered to go with you, but you declined - you didn't want him to be caught by the police if he was careless.

You had a lot of time to think as you walked a couple of blocks to the market (with Youngjae's directions). 

*These guys don't seem all that bad...What if they plan to betray me or something in the end? What if they leave me behind if I get too burdensome? Who is the leader of the Dragon Ring that's too confidential to talk about?* you thought about all the possible answers to this flood of endless questions, but you had to focus on food shopping.

*What should I make tonight?* you wondered, tapping your chin thoughtfully as you stood in front of the supermarket.

You were a really good cook and you loved to do it as a hobby. Your culinary skills were praised by your old friends before you had stopped going to public school and got tutored privately. You were a clean and sharp person - cleaning your room was a hobby to you. You liked things to be organized and neat.

You decided on making dukbokkgi and kimchi stew for tonight's dinner. Buying all of the ingredients, you put them all in a shopping cart and paid to borrow it to roll it all home. The refrigerator (bought with B.A.P's money) was harnessed to the cart, and you pushed the heavy load all the way back to the old garage.

Zelo and Youngjae immediately came out to help you haul the food and furniture into the hideout, making sure at the same time no one was watching them.

"The pots, pans, and other things are in that cabinet up there," Youngjae showed you, opening the wooden cabinets. "If you can't reach anything, then just call for one of us and we'll get them down for you."

You smiled and thanked him, getting to work right away after washing your hands.

Delicious smells wafted around the hideout, drawing the members closer to the kitchen/dining room.

"Smells great, doesn't it, hyung? After having ramen all the time..." Jongup said to Daehyun. Daehyun just nodded, but he thought in his head, *I totally agree. Maybe it's not so bad to have a girl in the hideout...*

Yongguk could smell everything from the little room he was in. It was strictly his room to think and have time to himself, only a chair and a shelf. On the shelf was a picture of his smiling sister, bright and healthy, and a thick book that was falling apart with age. It held the information about the Dragon Ring leader's location and a list of places and objects to steal. On top of it was a single piece of paper - the letter the sub-leader had sent to B.A.P two years ago, warning them, You only have one shot to do this. If you fail, your sister pays the price.

He heard you yell, "Food!", and the sound of feet running to the kitchen. He smirked and shook his head. *Looks like the dongsaengs are liking Bokyung already...*

He finally came out of his little room and walked into the kitchen, the mouth-watering smells of cooked food overwhelming his nose. Yongguk found himself drooling at the streaming food you made. You looked up, the spoon you were using still in your hand. You grinned at him and pointed to the table, "Please sit and eat!"

Zelo's eyes sparkled with content as he said with a mouth full of rice and kimchi, "Hyung, eat! This tastes like heaven!"

The members were eating out of one pot full of kimchi stew and sidedishes of dukbokkgi. The bowls of rice were fresh looking and streaming.

*I'll need to get used to this treatment,* Yongguk thought, glancing up at you as he sat down. 

You smiled encouragingly and turned your attention back to the pot of hot chocolate you were boiling on the stove.

*I like having people eat my food...Looks like I'll need to get used to cooking for six hungry boys,* you thought, feeling happy for the first time in a while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAYYYYYY started this story! :D I hope you guys like the story so far >< this story was inspired by "One Shot" by B.A.P, but I changed it around a little to make it more intense :P

please upvote, comment, and subscribe if you haven't! ^^

Have a great rest of the week!!!~~~~~

-supergirl14

P.S. - somebody please make me posters! >< i need one for the main story image and for the individual chapters! Thank you~~~