Breather: XiuChen

Home Sweet Home?

*

[A/N: This chapter is dedicated to the lovely Kkamjjong14!!! <3 (If you're one of my old readers you know why.]

[This is the continuation of Chapter 3. Here's a short reminder]

After pouring two cups of tea, they both sit on the couch, watching the tv which was turned off and let the hot beverage steam up their faces. "So, do I get to sleep on your bed?"

"No." Chen raises his brows. "God, this is going to be a long night."

-

"For the tenth time, Jongdae-ssi, you are not going to be sleeping on my bed." Xiumin continuously pulls away his blankets over to himself while pushing away Chen who kept coming back and forth from the couch in the living room and sneaking on the bed next to Xiumin.

"Why not? It's cold over there." he replies as a matter of fact. "Why can't you sleep there?"

Xiumin rubs his temples, almost exploding in frustration. "Oh my God! First of all, this is my house and two, you're stupid enough to leave your keys or whatever it is that you left." He lets out a sigh of relief as soon as he got that off his chest.

"Calling your boss stupid...Tsk."

"You're in my house, you're not my boss, I'm your boss!" He argues back. "And I'm older than you, so shut it." Now he just sounds like a whining 3 year old.

Whenever Xiumin was near Chen he'd lose his maturity, tossing it out over the window and would magically transform into a kindergartener who'd go on and on whining about everything.

Despite Xiumin's attempts, Chen stays still on the spot next to him on the bed and it isn't quite comfortable because Xiumin merely owned a twin sized bed. There was barely any space for him and imagine another grown man trying to squeeze in.

"I already gave you a pillow and blankets. Go to sleep." Xiumin is halfway giving up since all his energy was drained out from work (AKA babysitting his one hell of a boss) "I want to sleep too."

With Xiumin's sleepy voice after yawning, Chen exhales and gives him a small smile. "Fine. Go to sleep, you have work tomorrow."

"You mean 'we' have work tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah." He waves him off.

The image of Chen finally leaving Xiumin's room was a big relief for him. As Chen shuts his bedroom door, he could finally breathe without worrying about a certain man trying to invade his personal space.

Only a few minutes pass, Xiumin is already on the edge of sleeping. His eyes slowly fluttering close and the small, cute yawns that left his lips indicated his tiredness. He stretches his legs before curling up into a ball and finally closing his eyes shut. Although he could hear Chen shuffling around in the living room, he could still find peace.

As soon as his eyes were able to shut he fell asleep almost instantly.

On the other side of the room, Chen tosses and turns in the small couch that barely fit him. His legs were dangling from the edge and his neck was bent in all the wrong ways. He was sort of thankful he wasn't anymore taller than he is right now and was (for the first time) thankful for his height.

Finally snapping, Chen stands up, frustrated with a pain in his neck and pins and needles all over his right leg. He stomps on his numb feet and stares at the door of Xiumin's room debating whether he should try and sneak inside with the dangers of getting caught and getting kicked out of Xiumin's house and the last thing in Chen's mind is getting a cold from having no bed to sleep in the night.

He rolls his eyes, picks up the blanket and pillow he recieved from Xiumin and approaches the door. Chen imagines Xiumin sitting on the edge of the bed knowing he was arriving and is ready to push and kick him away.

But instead of seeing a fuming Xiumin, Chen lays his eyes on a peaceful looking Minseok, silently and cutely snoring whilst curled up into a ball cuddled up to as much blanket as he could possiblly grab hold of.

Chen has the urge to go near him and pinch his cheeks but he suppresses the need to do so but instead he only approaches the sleeping Xiumin and watched him as his chest rose up and down in a constant pace.

Chen props up his elbows on the bed and observed every detail on Xiumin's face. From his small, almost unnoticeable bumps on his cheeks to the length of his lashes. He smiles whenever his face would crinkle up and he'd scratch his nose.

During that time Chen was observing Xiumin, the time had moved on and Chen had no more recollection on how long he knelt on the cold wooden floors with his elbows propped up, watching the sleeping face of Xiumin.

Maybe 10 minutes but it could possibly be also an hour since he started staring.

Xiumin finally moved from his position, turning around to face the wall. He makes an enough space for Chen to sneak on the bed. He leaves his pillow and blanket on the floor and Chen slithers under the covers by Xiumin.

From the movement,  Xiumin shuffles around in his sleep, facing Chen.

Their faces are literally millimeters away from each other and Chen can feel his chest tightening and his heart beat racing.

He frowns and thumps on his chest, knocking on it.

"Stop that. You're not meant to do that. This is just for my pure amusement." He whispers to himself. "You're not meant to have feelings for the little guy."

As he tells himself off, he catches himself off guard as Xiumin wraps his arms around Chen's neck, closing in their distances even more that their bodies were already squished against each other.

Chen shuts his eyes afraid that Xiumin would wake up and find himself tangled with him and he didn't think that Xiumin would be slightly amused at all.

"You're such a heavy sleeper." He talks again, now directing to the sleeping Minseok.

Chen wraps his arms around Xiumin's waist as soon as he realized that he wasn't going to be waking up anytime sooner. He nuzzles his face on the crook of Xiumin's chest and inhales his scent - the smell of some kind of fruity tea, printing paper and a small hint of after shave.

He finds the scent rather relaxing and hypnotizing at the same time.

Chen could feel Xiumin's fingers starting to fiddle with his hair, twirling it around and combing his fingers through his lock, massaging his scalp in the most calming ways.

One thing that Chen liked about it was Xiumin was doing it unconsciously.

At the start, Chen only asked for an assisatnt who'd be both willing to work for him properly and also become a good friend to hang with and not an employee who's merely after his money and have no possible out of work relation.

But what was he doing? His heart is racing. Palms sweating. Hugging his new assistant on his small twin sized bed. What was he doing staying in his house?

Chen thought he had his life all planned out. Him being an automatic heir to his family's company, a career was no problem. Money was no problem. But he miscalculated something. Chen never thought of trying to be more socially active.

Now with Xiumin loitering in his head, Chen could barely remove him from his thoughts.

"Kim Jongdae, this is not the time to have little crushes." He says to himself as he feels Xiumin's lips gently pressing against his forehead. "Get yourself together."

Author's Corner:

Sorry I didn't update for two days. My phone broke and this is literally the only way I can update. It's fixed now so, yeah. yay

A lot of you guys have pent up rage inside of you. It's worrying, so there's a nice XiuChen chapter to give you a breather away from the and the drama ^^ Plus Kkamjjong14 asked for XiuChen >.<

Oh I forgot to mention to you guys that my albums came and I'm so happy! I got Luhan and D.O in the IDs and for the free socks I got Chanyeol and Kai and I'm just adoshfoahfahfohofowhf! >.<

Before I forget:

Check out

Constellation - She write great fanfics and I'm not just saying that cause she's my friend, she really does. ^^

Here's one of my favorite stories form her:

The Love of My Knife

Here's a picture

The Love Of My Knife - angst fantasy romance you exo kai luhan - main story image

isn't it purrdy? hehe