In and out: XiuChen

Home Sweet Home?

*

Minseok's been running inside and out of the building since the past few hours. Orders after orders spat out of Chen's mouth, not letting Minseok to stop and take a nice long breath.

"Did you send the paperworks to Mr Shin?"

"Have you written the letters to Star Enterprise?"

"Make sure you've sent the invitations for the 20th anniversary party next month."

Minseok would go up and down the elevator, floor after floor, sending stacks of paper to the given, ignoring the amount of paper cuts he's getting.

Cursing under his breath, Minseok on the thin slice by his thumb, the taste of copper starting to linger in his mouth.

He wished for this.

Everyday, Minseok would complain about Chen and how he's not really doing anything but harass him on a daily basis. Now that he's doing something work based, he's annoyed.

Fortunately, today, Chen is in a meeting, giving Minseok a good thirty minute long break from everything.

He sits by his desk, opening the bottom drawer on his right and dug for a band-aid he recently stashed.

Minseok admires the butterfly patterned plaster on his finger, remembering the look on his little sister's face when she gave him the pack.

"Cute band-aid you got there, girlie." Chen whispers by Xiumin's ears, making his soul jump out of his body.

A frown forms on Minseok's face before turning to Chen. "Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack." He gasps. "Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting?"

Chen sits on Minseok's desk, his legs dangling down whilst one of his feet rested on top of Minseok's knee. "Yeah, I escaped." He yawns and looks at him with an unchanged expression.

Minseok pushes away Chen's feet from his knee and brushed the invisible dirt he got on his jeans. "Go back there, you idiot."

"Now, is that any way to talk to your boss?" Chen clicks his tongue while patting Xiumin's head and raising back his feet up to rest on his knee, this time Chen places both of his feet.

Rolling his eyes in annoyance, Minseok tries hard to ignore Chen as much as he could but unfortunately he couldn't concentrate too well whilst Chen's shoes were rubbing up and down and around his leg.

"Y-you know," Minseok's voice cracks in a stutter. How pathetic, he thinks of himself. "What exactly do you do here?"

There's a smile appearing on his face. A smile; a mixture of playfulness and amusement. "My work? My work here is to boss you around." He wittily exchanges.

"Okay, then what did you do when I wasn't here yet?" Minseok's eyebrows .

That leaves Chen pondering for more seconds than he planned. What the hell was he doing? "I'm a CEO-to-be. I do what CEO-to-be's do."

"And what do CEO-to-be's do?"

"CEO stuff, you wouldn't understand." Chen hides his lost compose with an ever so familiar smirk.

"God, do you even know what CEO stands for?" Minseok's enjoying this moment more than he really should. It is the first time he felt superior to him. He thinks he should relish this moment before all ends in a disaster.

"Of course I do. It stands for...Cool, Elegant....Office person."

Laughter erupt out of Minseok's lips causing a crease form on Chen's forehead. Finally he puts his feet down back on the ground and stands up from Minseok's desk.

"Just do your work."

Minseok's laughter could still be heard despite the fact that Chen was already back inside his office, doors closed.

"That idiot." Chen mutters under his breath, rubbing his face and letting out a big and heavy sigh.

-

The time had ticked all away, yet it was still going too slow for Minseok. Packing up most of his belongings, he gets ready to go back home, glad to leave the office, ignoring the fact that he has to come back again.

He exits the office without a goodbye to his most annoying boss and rides the elevator without hesitation.

As soon as Minseok manages to escape the whole building he feels free again, away from the dead-beat son of a . He loosens his tie and unfastens the top button of his shirt before slinging his satchel back to his shoulders.

Whilst waiting for the bus, he plays with the bus card with his free hand and busied his eyes by looking on the other side of the road.

All the vehicles that had passed by, gave a contribution to the growing headache, which started the moment this whole new boss fiasco begun.

His phones vibrates inside his pockets, catching Minseok off guard and at the same time the bus arrives.

As soon as he sees who the message was from Minseok's takes no hesitation in riding the bus and only the moment he sat down, he opened the message.

'Hey, meet me in the car park. Now.'

With the lack of smart remarks and insults in the message, Minseok sees it as an urgent message. The bus had started rolling it's wheels until Minseok buzzes and asks the driver to stop. With an annoyed look thrown at him, the door open again and Minseok immediately makes his way down to the car park.

After seeing the distressed Chen standing idly by his car, Minseok jogs near him and waits for him to speak.

"I ran out of gas." He sighs. "Take me home."

-

After also admitting to Minseok that Chen had also forgotten his house keys, he finds himself standing, waiting for yet another bus.

"I can't believe you." Minseok lets out an exhasparated sigh and rubs his temples.

Chen, on the other hand, is feeling slightly bit compelled about his situation. One because, is it bad because he's basically throwing his pride away together with his dignity. But then again, is it good that he gets to stay a night with Minseok, the certain someone who Chen might or might not be having actual and serious attraction to.

He decides to not say anything and pursed his lips shut.

After a few awkward minutes, the bus arrives.

Hesitantly, Chen follows Miseok like a lost puppy, trailing behind him and watching his every moves. Minseok swipes his bus card and was just about to take a seat until Chen tugs lightly on his sleeves.

"I don't have that card thing you have." He mutters.

Minseok tries hard not to be affected by the innocent and lost look Chen has on his face and instead he brushes him off with an annoyed sigh and yet another roll of his eyes before swiping his card again.

He sits in the furthest seat, by the window and before Chen could sit next to him, he signals for him to stop and sit somewhere else.

"Bu-..fine." He continues to mutter.

Chen sits on the space right in front of Xiumin, also by the window and he lets hismelf get immersed on the outside night view of the busy and boisterious streets.

Since Minseok's house was another half an hour journey, Chen starts to snooze away, occasionally hitting his forehead on the window. He tries to shake his tiredness away but alas his eyes betray his as the lids close.

Minseok notices Chen's uncomfortable position and he can't help but go near and observe his sleeping face.

His head was tilted up, resting on the edge of the back rest, eyes fully closed and mouth slightly agape.

As slyly as he could, Minseok slips his arm on the bottom of Chen's head, supporting it, despite bringing him in an uncomfortable position, sitting on the very edge of his seat.

His eyes cast down on Chen's peaceful face. "Why can't you be like this everyday?" He whispers most to himself.

It's a good thing that the bus was empty, except for the old woman at the very front, but nonetheless empty, or else Minseok would have been more happy to bury himself underground where no one can see him that let somebody watch him do something nice to his evil boss.

"Idiot." He chants a couple of times as silently as possible whilst lightly poking his cheeks. "You ing idiot."

-

The ride which had stretched for a long time finally stopped as they arrived to their desitination. Before Chen could open his eyes, Miseok had removed his arms away from his and thumped his head to fully awaken him.

Chen grunts lighlty.

"We're here."

Minseok abruptly stands up, leaving him behind, but Chen follows imediately after getting himself back on his feet.

They both stand in front of his house, waiting for Minseok to unlock the gate.

It's not the first time that Chen's been inside of his house but it didn't mean that he found it any more appealing.

"Your house is tiny." He complains. "I mean, it's...tiny."

For some weird reason, Minseok lets out a small laugh.

"Shut it or I'll kick you out."

They both enter inside Minseok's home and despite being inside it didn't mean that inside his house, it was warm or anything of that sort.

"Dude, I think it's warmer outside than in here."

"Really? Then sleep out there, then"

Chen rolls his eyes as he sits down the couch.

"Here you go." Mineok throws a thick blanket to Chen as well as a clean pair of pajamas he can change to. "Take a shower if you want. Just remember the hot water stops in 15 minutes."

"How about you?"

"I take a bath in the mornings."

Without another word, Chen disappears into the bathroom, turning on the shower and leaving Minseok to go and change into a much more comfortable pair of clothes. He makes sure he's warm by wearing a hoodie and his socks. After changing and boiling the kettle, Chen exits the bathroom with a towel slung on his shoulders while wearing Minseok's pale yellow fleece pajamas with star patterns scattered all over it.

"I made some tea, if you want some and oh my god...you look..."

"Cute? I know."

"I was going to say absolutely horrendous but I remebered you're wearing my clothes."

"Seriously? Who own a pajamas like this in your age?"

"What? They're warm."

After pouring two cups of tea, they both sit on the couch, watching the tv which was turned off and let the hot beverage steam up their faces. "So, do I get to sleep on your bed?"

"No." Chen raises his brows. "God, this is going to be a long night."

.

 

 

Author's Corner:

Omg, i decided to update, even though I really shouldn't since I have shizz loads of exams next week and imma cry.

but EXO's making a comback and it just doesn't feel right not to.

Omfg, i'm so excited i got my brother to buy me both albums.

I'll try to update sometime this week again.

p.s who here has tumblr?