Fair and Square: XiuChen

Home Sweet Home?

Xiumin's heart doesn't skip a beat but, instead it stops for a second. It was like Chen was waiting for an answer from his none existent question.

What the heck was Xiumin supposed to say? Thank you?

Instead of him saying something he wanted, Xiumin pushes away from the hug and holds Chen's shoulders a little tighter than planned.

"Are you crazy?"

From that exact second, Xiumin wanted to beat the out of him. He was supposed to take him and kiss him then and there and maybe roll it into something more but, no.

He just had to put that shield up.

Chen's face completely changes from his hazy and half lidded eyes to a look of surprise and confusion.

"I literally just confessed to you and you're calling me crazy?"

Xiumin nods but, really he just wants to push him against that counter and have everything his way with him, because, God forbid, he likes him as well.

"I wish I was crazy." Chen mumbles, although Xiumin is completely aware on what's he's saying. "But, no, I just have to like you so much."

That doesn't help at all because Xiumin is starting to soften down and give Chen a hug, but of course he doesn't. It's his defence mechanism.

"What did you expect will happen if you confessed? Did you expect me to tell you I like you?"

Chen is aghast.

"I mean, look at you. Now look at me." Xiumin gestures not only to himself but his whole house. "You live on the perfect white picket fenced houses and I basically live in the slums."

"Did you really think something could ever happen between us? Honestly?" Xiumin is shaking at this moment and he's grateful Chen doesn't notice. "Remember I'm only working for you and if it weren't for the money you're givng me, I'd bail.

Xiumin wanted to stop talking so bad but he really couldn't. He's hurting just seeing the small fire of hope in Chen's eyes slowly dimming.

"I didn't at all expect anything from you but you didn't have to act like that." Chen continues to mumble.

"What? Did you want me to lead you on? Pretend I like you?"

Chen is now slightly fuming. "You know what? Pretend I never came tonight but don't forget this,

"I like you a lot and I will make you like me too; fair and square." Chen doesn't change his stoic face and there is no sound of amusement detected from his voice. "Bye Kim. Min. Seok."

Chen turns around, walking towards the door. Xiumin wanted to run before him, grab his wrists and take him into his arms but it's not his defence meachnism anymore that's hindering that. It's now his pride.

The door shuts and Xiumin falls to the kitchen floor and he starts banging his head on the door of the cupboards whilst chanting "idiot." again and again.

One thing Xiumin didn't know was Chen meant what he said and he is determined to make Xiumin fall off his feet.

-

The next day was unexpected. When Xiumin got to work, he thought there would be some sort of gifts on his table and Chen would be waiting by his desk, legs crossed and all but no one's waiting, there's no gifts but on his table there was only the items he left from yesterday.

The same old organized paperwork and the pot of the oh-so prestinely sharpened pencils.

What was even weirder was Chen's office is empty and there is no one there sitting by the desk making paper aeroplanes.

Xiumin waved it all off, maybe Chen was serious about forgetting that he'd ever been to his house last night. He dropped his bags underneath his desk and his computer.

As soon as the screen loaded up, Xiumin isn't greeted by his white screen saver but instead a message that said,

"Go to the rooftop. Now."

There was no name signed but of course, who else would it be but Chen.

Reluctantly, he's on his way to the elevator and there's a pink post it note that he's never noticed earlier saying,

"Good morning."

He smiles rather than questioning it but Xiumin frowns becuase he's not allowed to fall for the idiot.

He just can't.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open. There's a three stepped staircase leading to the door that yet had another pink post it note.

"Don't trip."

Xiumin laughs to himself before opening the door, greeted by the outside.

The building was one of the tallest skyscrapers in Seoul and the view was nothing else but fantastic. He could see everything from up here.

At the end, someone was standing there. And yes, it was none other than Kim Jongdae himself.

When he turned around, there was a pink post it stuck on his chest and it said,

"Isn't the view breath-taking?"

Assuming that Xiumim had read the note, he peeled it off and revealed another one.

"Like you?"

Xiumin holds a smile back because he didn't want Chen to see how much he likes him right now.

Chen quickly crumples and pockets the note as if he's embarrassed about it.

"What did you want?"

Chen sighs. "I just greeted you good morning and called you breath taking and that's what you say?"

Ignoring the question, Xiumin just stares and waits for an answer to his.

"Alright." Chen reaches for his other pocket and whips out a piece of paper and he hands it to Xiumin.

It's a cheque.

A cheque for one hundred thousand won.

"If this is money you're offering me to get my resignation letter then god, this is lower than my salary."

"It's not. I'm going to give you the same amount everyday for one condition."

"No."

Chen ignores that. "You're going to pretend you're going out with me."

"What? No."

"All you have to do is pretend and you get money."

"You can't pay me to be your boyfriend."

"Then I won't pay you. Just pretend." Chen snatches away the cheque from Xiumin's hand. "I won't take no for an answer."

"I can't believe you. I won't."

Xiumin turns back and heads back to the exit but he stops when Chen calls.

"I'll help you find your father."

.

Author's Corner:

What the heckie deckie do is Chen Chen planning now?

Missed you guys but school's been on my back. I got loads of courseworks to be done.

But I'll always find time to update for you guys.

<3