Pulling you in: XiuChen

Home Sweet Home?
[A/N: Haven't had XiuChen for a long time so,]

It has been weeks since the night Xiumin spent drinking with Chen and he remembers nothing of it except for a realy vague part that he rants off about his own missing father.

Xiumin isn't sure whether he did something wrong or said something that could possibly offend the oh-so shameless boss of his but, Chen had recently been acting weird around him and Xiumin didn't like it.

There are no silly remarks or any insults thrown at him. No pointless orders nor commands and it's really getting on Xiumin's nerves. Yes, he's happy he doesn't feel like a slave anymore but Chen isn't Chen without his stupid comments and attempts to kiss Xiumin.

If Xiumin had said something wrong, he wants to apologize for it but since he doesn't know what he did or said, he can't.

Chen now only speaks to Xiumin whenever it's work related. He doesn't even come out of his office to annoy his little black mailed secretary anymore.

Today is another one of those days where Chen never leaves his office unless it's lunch time and he's just running to the toilets. Xiumin could only see him through the glass walls from the outside where he's sealing letters and typing up reports for the finance and promotion section.

Today is also the day that Xiumin snaps and his legs lead himself directly inside Chen's office, barging inside without a sign.

"Kim Jongdae." He calls out his name and as if Chen hates his own name, he scowls and looks up curiously to Xiumin.

"What is it?" He says as he parts from his paperworks.

"You..."

One thing that happens when your body decides to do something without your brain telling it to it that you will have no clue whatsoever what will happen next. Xiumin's mouth is left open like the words are on the tip of his tongue but refuses to come out.

He had no clue what to say or even he isn't even sure why he's set foot in Chen's office in the first place. He didn't want to apologize for something he has no recollection of doing, geez he doesn't even know if he has done anything.

"Well? I'm busy, you know? Spit it out."

Xiumin feels a bit hurt that Chen doesn't look at all enthusiastic that he's in front of him. "You know what, it's nothing. Not important. Sorry."

Xiumin escapes away to the door and shuts it behind him so fast that he doesn't see Chen lightly hitting his own head on his desk, regretting acting so cold towards Xiumin.

The day stretch out with no more orders or even eye contact. Xiumin finishes his shift and doesn't bother saying goodbye to Chen as he looks too immersed in his work and Xiumin doesn't want to bother him.

Xiumin is waiting in front of the empty bus stop whilst over-analysing his situation.

For a brief moment, Xiumin thought maybe Chen is sick of him and he isn't far from being sacked. Why is that so bad? Xiumin had only taken the job because of the money he was offered and he definitely has gotten a lot of that.

He could always get a new job. Plus he'd be getting rid of his erted boss. Wouldn't that be great?

The thought of him getting fired soon lingers inside his head. Maybe he could beat Chen to it and resign before he gets fired.

The bus arrives and Xiumin doesn't know why he's disappointed. Did he expect Chen to magically appear next to him looking like a lost puppy and wanting to sleep in his house again? Maybe, maybe not.

The trip was short because Xiumin spends it taking a nap in the moving vehicle.

Once Xiumin arrives to the front of his house he spots a familiar car parked in front. It was Chen. He grows curious and walks faster and Chen gets out of the car, hands in his pockets and lip pursed tight.

"Umm, did you forget something?" Xiumin ask, being the only thing inside his mind.

"No."

"Did I forget something?"

"No."

"Then why are you here?"

Chen bites down on his lips before looking up to meet Xiumin's eyes. "Back in the office, you looked like you wanted to say something and I'm just curious."

"Is that it?"

"I want to say yes but no." He whispers to himself. "What was it you were about to say?"

"I was just going to ask whether you were feeling alright."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Because you've been ignoring the out of me and it's annoying because I want you to notice me.

"You look stressed, that's all."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

Chen was in the middle of leaving and asking Xiumin to come in his house and he isn't sure what to do until Xiumin offers him that he does come in for tea.

In the middle of boiling the water, Xiumin was pretty sure that Chen was waiting in the living room but, for some reason, Chen is in he kitchen as well, standing right behind Xiumin.

Xiumin pours the hot water in the cups as carefully as he possibly could and when he was about to hand over the mug to Chen, he started walking nearer and nearer Xiumin.

He backs away as much as he can until his back hits the counter and he places back the mugs down, afraid he's drop them.

"W-what's up?"

"Can you put sugar in my tea, please?" Chen asks and Xiumin turns around awkwardly and reaches for the sugar. He can still feel Chen's presence right behind him.

As soon as he picks up a teaspoonful of sugar he feels Chen's arms snaking around his waist and Chen buries his face at the back of Xiumin's neck.

Xiumin freezes in his spot before he gently turns himself around and Chen is still latched on to him.

"I missed your paper slash fruity tea slash after shave scent." Chen whispers. "I missed hugging you like this, when you least expect it."

Xiumin purses his lips and swears his cheeks are turning pink.

"Why did you stop then?"

It takes a few seconds for Chen to reply but he does.

"I think I'm falling for you." He breathes out. "So I stopped."

.

Author's Corner:

Short Chapter. Hehe, missed you guys and did you miss XiuChen? Haha.