Come Home; Don't Come Home: TaoRis Part 2

Home Sweet Home?

[A/N: I've decided to update with TaoRis because you won't probably see them for a while.] 

The whole week Tao was not present in the house, Kris showed his vulnerable side to everyone by moping around the house, sulking and acting like a child.

Even Sehun had had enough. He didn't care that Kris barely left his room except for the part that it always turned into chaos whenever he and Kai had to go to school. Since Tao wasn't there and Kris refused to leave the comfort of his covers they're left with Lay or Suho who endlessly asked about school and how their lives are going.

Baekhyun wasn't any better because he carpools with Chanyeol and both Sehun and Kai are forced to watch them become all 'lovey-dovey' with one another. And honestly, Sehun would rather walk ten miles that have that.

But sometimes Sehun wonders whether it was partly his fault because he didn't talk Tao out on leaving the house that night. All he did was offer the man a cold glass of water and bid him goodbye and told him to take care of himself.

It's the eight day since Tao left and Kris looks as if he has sort of collected himself together because he's downstairs before anybody else, except Lay who's cooking, and he's already reading the daily newspaper and drinking his sugarless black coffee.

Sehun slowly waltzes in the dining room, nearing the spot by Kris, after taking a plate of waffles from Lay.

Okay, clearly Kris is still unbalanced. He hasn't shaved for a long time since his stubbles are growing long and that after shave smell that always lingered on Kris wasn't present.

His watch is on his wrong wrist, tie is crooked and his slacks and blazer doesn't match. Yet everything is an improvement from his dull gray sweat pants and his dirty white shirts that he's been wearing all week.

"Do you guys need a ride?" He asks, suprising Sehun a bit.

Although he hesitates for a while since Kris didn't look like he was stable enough to drive, Sehun nods his head. "Yeah, and Jongin too." He adds.

Kris nods in reply before asking Sehun to quickly fetch Kai from his room and get ready.

Once Sehun got upstairs, Kai is already dressed and was just about to head down and so they quickly finish breakfast and walked to Kris' Jaguar. Which is weird because he doesn't drive his Jaguar with anyone else even if it's Tao.

Sehun is hesitant even in getting inside the car, but Kai is ecstatic. He even asks to stop right in front of the school so everyone sees. Sehun, on the other hand, rolls his eyes and slaps Kai's arm when Kris agrees.

The drive was a few numbers higher than the speed limit and Sehun swore that he'll be dead by the end of this. When they stop, Sehun immediately runs out of the car after a short thanks, clutching on to his chest, he didn't care people stared at him coming out of a million dollar car, driven by a handsome man and coming out of the car with Kim Jongin.

Sehun's happy he takes the bus with Luhan to get home. He never wants to have Kris drive driving him anywhere if he's not normal.

Kris drives to work which he hasn't been attending for a week long from now. It's a good thing he's in high position and he's really barely needed unless he's signing contracts.

When he arrives, his assistant greets him with a surprised face, before she hands him a cup of coffee which Kris declines.

Work goes slow for Kris since he's been left with a stack of papers to go over to and a bunch of contracts to sign and some catching up to do from the meeting that went amiss to him.

Lunch time doesn't even pass his mind, surprising his subordinates because he didn't go outside to have his traditional lunch on the cafe across the road.

The second half was a breeze since Kris fell asleep with his head on the desk and mouth slightly agape.

He wakes up when his assistant visits him inside and with a light nudge, she informs that everyone has gone home and they're about to shut the lights.

Kris jolts and looks at the time from his watch when he realizes he's put it in the wrong hand and he ends up twisting his hand to see that it's 11:26PM.

He feels bad realizing that he made his assistant stay a few hours longer to wait for him to wake up.

Kris says sorry to the assistant and thanks her as well before biding goodbye.

In the car park, he's still listless as he searches for his car which is parked, not in his own spot but somewhere far back. Trudging to his vehicle, he unlocks the car and slips inside. As soon as he enters, he lets out a sigh and throws his satchel at the seat next to him.

The car revs as he backs up, driving out of the building.

If Kris wasn't paying attention he would have ran over the man who stood in front of the exit. He immediately steps on his brakes as he's only a few feet away from the man.

He gets off his car and was about to scream at the man on how stupid he was for standing there until he sees Tao's familiar sheepish smile.

"Hey." Tao greets, his teeth biting on his lower lip, hands in his pockets and head hung slightly low.

Kris frowns.

"Okay. You probably don't want to see me now and you're probably angry at me. This was the only place I could wait for you and I've been waiting since the end of your shift which was a few hours ago and I was about to leave but I saw your office lights on then I thought they just forgot to turn it off but then I still waited then I saw your assistant and then I waited mo--"

Tao's words were cut short when he feels Kris' whole body crashing against him with his arm clamping around his body, squeezing him tightly.

Kris lets out a sigh of relief as his once tensed body loosens and he burrows his face on the crook of Tao's neck.

"Hell yeah I'm mad." Kris whispers and Tao hugs him back by snaking his arms around Kris' waist.

"Sorry?" Tao apologizes, questioningly.

"I'm furious with you, Huang Zitao." Kris pulls him slightly away, hands still securely holding onto his shoulders and his eyes locked with Tao's. "Where the hell were you?"

"WuFan, can't we talk somewhere else and not in front of a car park exit?" Tao grins a bit and his shoulders loosens when Kris' lips pull into a smile.

"Let's go home."

Tao noticed that Kris is using his Jaguar and certain memories they shared in the vehicle ran over his mind and a smile just takes over his lips.

Instead of going home, like what Kris said, he parks in the middle of nowhere and stops the engine.

"I think it's better to talk here, right?" says Kris as he gets out of the car, gesturing Tao to follow him.

Tao watches Kris sit on the hood of the car and rests his body on the windscreen. He follows and lies next to him.

They stare at the starless sky and bask under the bright light of the full moon. The clouds slowly travel in the deep navy blue sky as both Kris and Tao get envelop in the silence of the night.

"Hey, I'm sorry too." Kris starts. "I should have given you time to explain."

Tao shakes his head vigorously. "No ge, I shouldn't have hidden anything from you in the first place." He replies.

"So what made you come back of all the nights?"

"My mom knocked some sense into me." They both laugh.

"You know, I'd really love to meet her. How about you're dad? What is he like?"

Kris suddenly senses that he's stepped on something bad because he sees Tao's face contort into something uncomfortable and his eyebrows furrow in distaste.

"I should't have asked that one, shouldn't I?"

It takes a few seconds before Tao replies.

"No, actually I think you, of all people, should know." Tao takes Kris' hands and interlocks their fingers. Although Tao avoids eye contact, Kris can tell that he seems angry.

"My father was the reason I moved to South Korea with my mother. We were running away."

Kris is all ears knowing that it wasn't everyday that Tao will be happy to share things about himself.

"Ever since I was a kid my dad would beat up my mom for ed up reasons. He's always drunk and sometimes he'd hit me too.

"I quit school because my mom couldn't afford it plus her medications, plus I was afraid that if the teachers saw me bruised up, they'd call social security and take me away from my mom as well.

"I worked ever since, to help my mom afford her medications and other hospital bills. Yet things never looked up for me and I honestly thought everything was over when my mom was diagnosed with some terminal disease. I honestly wanted to give up."

Kris reassures Tao by tightening his grip around his hand and use his thumb to run over his.

"We only managed to get away from my dad when our house burned down, I took all the money we had, even the ones my dad took from me and my mom when he found out it was my pay day. Then I took my mother and finally escaped."

The vivid scenes inside Tao's head haunts him again. He couldn't erase the image of his own dad screaming at him as he runs away from him in the burning house, leaving him trapped in a room.

"Then I was able to leave the country away from the bastard."

"Tao...Why didn't you tell me any of these." Kris has a big lump in his throat that he wants to swallow down. "It must have been really hard on you."

Tao didn't know himself why he let his pride take over him. It was true, everything would have been easier if he lifted off some of the burden from his shoulders by just telling someone.

"I'm always here, okay? I'm here." Kris takes Tao's boy in his arms again as he envelops him in a hug. "I'm here whenever you need me."

.

Author's Corner:

I've never really had big plans for TaoRis, they're just a feature in this story like SuLay. But you guys can always ask for more if you want. ^^

I'll update as soon as I can okay?

Update with..Kyungsoo and Sehun maybe...watcha think?