Suspicious: TaoRis

Home Sweet Home?

*

It wasn't that it was normal for Tao to be home early, but sometimes Kris over reacts. It's been the fourth time this week that Tao had the same excuse of having a night time photoshoot and didn't come home till about 2 in the morning.

The two had already talked about their work but Kris never really imagined that an infamous model would be this busy.

He gets sick of waiting in the bed, alone in the nights so Kris decides to take a little detour instead of going home.

Kris takes a sharp turn into an isolated highstreet. It was sure different from when it's bustling in the mornings.

There, a shop stood proudly where behind the glass window stood a life size cut out of Tao endorsing the clothes with his picturesque figure.

After parking where it wouldn't seem suspicious, Kris tries hard to be sly and peek by the big windows but he sees nothing else but an empty little boutique store

"Oh, Wu Fan-ssi."

Kris immediately turns around, getting that slight mini-heart attack at the person who just called his real name out.

"Sorry. Did I scare you there?" The woman smiles. It's Tao's 'quirky perky' boss. (To his descriptive words)

The woman was below average short, skinny as hell and had the chest size of watermelons, which bounced up and down whenever she jumped, ran...well who's kidding anybody, the things bounced whenever she talked.

Kris mentally scolds himself for staring, gaining a smirk from the little lady.

She surprises him with a hug, her chest pressed against his. "Ugh. I swear, if you weren't gay I'd totally adopt you and turn you to my pet, you big handsome bastard." Kris gets uncomfortable by her tight squeeze and just after then, she lets go but instead, she squeezes Kris' cheeks.

"Er, thanks Hye-nim."

"What brings you here?" She changes the subject and Kris almost laughs out loud at how quick the woman's expression turned from a cheeky 10 year old to a mature /insert appropriate age woman.

"I was just checking up on Tao."

The next series of information which is about to baffle Kris, really does 'baffle' him.

"Zitao?" Kris nods. "Is he here? I haven't seen that little dear since he quit work here."

Kris opens his mouth to say something but nothing gets out.

"He was my best model, you know? That's why I kept all his cut-outs and posters." Hye-nim pointed her glass display.

"S-since when did Tao quit?"

"He didn't tell you?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Tao quit like 2 months ago."

-

Two months. Two months meant that it was before the whole 'getting caught cheating' fiasco happened. Why would Tao keep such a secret.

After all this time, he's been lying and Kris had a feeling that he's been lying a lot recently.

Kris immediately drives back home checking whether Zitao had returned and it wasn't a surprise that he hasn't. Their room is still cold and empty and inside the house there was only, Sehun and Kai.

"Where's Joonmyun and that Yixing guy?"

Sehun looks up from his book, seeing a frustrated looking Kris. "They both went out for dinner."  

Kai then chuckles. "Yeah, something about first date or something like that."

Kris rushes out of the house again but before he could reach his car, he gets a short glance of the jet black haired male.

"Huang Zitao."

"Oh dear. I feel like I've done something bad when you say my whole name like that, Wu. Yi. Fan." He jokes.

But seeing Kris' indifferent stare, he immediately pulls a straight face.

"What's up?"

Tao shrugs. "You came all the way outside to ask me that?"

Kris just nods. "Well? How was work? How's Hye-nim?"

"Work was...work." Tao frowns at Kris' sudden questions. "Hye-nim's doing great, she told me to say hi."

It's laughable how those words came out of Tao's mouth so smoothly like there's nothing going on but that scare Kris even more.

If Tao could lie so believably, how could he be sure now whether he's telling the truth or not.

"Yeah? I should visit down there sometime, how about tomorrow."

Kris notices the smallest flinch in Tao's eyes but that quickly disappears. "If you really want to, then feel free." Tao's face is so stoic that Kris almost wanted to think that everything wasn't a lie. "But just keep in mind that she's horribly busy since fashion week is coming up."  

"Oh yeah? Then I'll just go next time." The sigh of relief that Tao slyly let's out makes Kris flinch in frustration. He was definitely lying the whole time.

"Come on, let's go in. It's getting cold."

-

It's not fair.

Right when things had already started to simmer down for the two of them, this just had to happen.

Tao is sleeping already, his back facing Kris who's spooning him from the back, inhaling the scent of his hair.

"It's not fair, Tao. You have to tell me the truth." He whispers.

Yet he doesn't know Tao is still awake, listening in on Kris' low whispers.

He's sorry but this secret had to be kept. For now.

.

Author's Corner:

Short ty update but I had to do it to congratulate myself for finishing two of my course work and I needed time off studying.

Oh and happy 201st subby to this, which I think is too much. I'm not worthy guys. I love you all.

I'll update ASA I can. Then after my exams, get ready for my daily updates! Hehe.