Ghosts: KaiSoo

Home Sweet Home?

[A/N: Sequel is drama time guys. Apologies for the long delay again.]

Kai cannot express enough how stressed he is right now.

There Kyungsoo was, a few good meters away from him, talking to Sehun. He stands in the middle of a crowded hall but all he sees is how Kyungsoo laughs and how Sehun holds his arms.

Was he jealous, no, maybe. But he had no reason to be. Him and Kyungsoo are already dating and Sehun is already taken by Luhan.

And with the way Luhan literally turned Sehun, there was no way that their relationship would end anytime sooner.

It was just Kyungsoo is Sehun's childhood friend and that meant he knows him more than Kai does. And with Kyungsoo's attitude in sharing, there was no way in hell he'll really know Kyungsoo.

Not that Kai shared a piece of his past either.

He stands there, chewing on the inside of his cheeks until someone lands their fist on his back. Kai turns to see Luhan with a smug smile.

"What's up, Kim Jongin." He greets whist putting his arms around Kai's neck, earning himself a look of disgust.

Kai didn't realize how quickly he got close with Luhan. It was just whenever Sehun and Kyungsoo hanged out, they sort of always ended up hanging out together themselves.

"You're ugly emotionless boyfriend is all over my Kyungsoo." He states as a matter if fact.

Luhan scoffs. "Is it that, or is it your unexplainably wide eyed boy of yours who's all over Sehun?"

This is what consisted of Kai and Luhan's conversations. If they weren't talking about soccer, they'd be immersed in bragging who has a better boyfriend.

Kai rolls his eyes and just drags Luhan along with him to approach the two he had been eyeing for the past few minutes.

"Hey, we were just talking about you guys." Kyungsoo smiles when he sees Kai and walks over to his side.

Kai perks up. "Yeah? What about?" He asks.

"How immensely dense you are for failing your Social Studies class." Sehun replies.

"Oh. You and your boyfriend are so alike, I think I might puke." Kai made gagging noises especially when Luhan looked over to Sehun and gave him the biggest grin ever.

Kyungsoo laughs followed by everyone else.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, I am here to take Sehun away and tell him that soccer is not an idiotic sport." Luhan informs as he drives Sehun away, heading down to the turf.

When Kyungsoo and Kai had been left alone, Kai smiles and takes Kyungsoo's arms.

"What's up?" Kyungsoo shows him a lazy grin.

A playful smile tugs on Kai's lips a he steers Kyungsoo out of the cafeteria and to the staircases.

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asks in between of trying to take the careful steps up and looking at Kai with curious eyes.

There is the same smile on his face, never faltering. "Rooftop."

Despite the long-winded, five flights of the thirteen step staircases, they finally arrive at a quaint little area, quiet outmost and abandoned.

"You know the rumor of this rooftop, right?" Kai asks.

"Yeah." The voice Kyungsoo comes out with is a but squeakier than expected. "The one about the suicide girl haunting. I know."

Nodding enthusiastically, Kai continues to push Kyungsoo to go out after opening the eerie squeaking door.

"Er, what are we doing here, again?" Kyungsoo interrogates whilst trying to slow Kai down by trudging his feet in defense of going further out the rooftop. "Why don't we just go to the library and...we can study for you Social Studies. I hear you failed it."

Kyungsoo turns back, ready to hurl himself back inside but Kai's quicker and manages to drag Kyungsoo back, who whimpers in dislike. "This is not that time to matter about my academic skills."

"But, Jongin-ah..." Kyungsoo looks hesitant. "...what about the you-know-what?" He whispers dryly. Jongin doesn't falter on how his name rolled out of Kyungsoo's lips, albeit it sounding so mellow.

"The what?"

Kyungsoo looks annoyed whilst looking at Kai's innocent face. "The 3-B rooftop ghost..." He cowers, trying to be as close to Kai as possible.

They continue walking, slowly nearing the ledge and Kyungsoo flips when Kai playfully pushes Kyungsoo, scaring the day lights out of him.

"Holy mother of- Kim Jongin." He whines, goosebumps all over his arms, his hairs spiking upwards.

Kai laughs whole-heartedly as he embraces Kyungsoo from the back, resting his chin on the older's shoulders and planting a small peck on the back of his neck.

"Dude, let's just go down." Kyungsoo's eyes are shut, wanting Kai to steer him away from the rooftop, but Kai doesn't remove his arms from his waist, nor take off his lips from the Kyungsoo's nape.

"Don't worry." Kai whispers against his skin and Kyungsoo's goosebumps are back for another reason. "I made that rumor up."

Kyungsoo is a bit mad. "Why the hell would you make up such a thing?"

"Cause I want this place all to myself." He replies as if it's the most obvious thing he's ever said.

Kyungsoo stands there, still in shock. He watches as Kai grabs hold of his hand and pulls him along to a shaded corner, where he dumps his bag and gestures for him to sit.

He obliges but doesn't utter a word, still a bit mad at Kai. Who the hell would scare someone by almost pushing them off a ledge of a 5 storey high building? Idiots. That's who.

As soon as Kyungsoo is sat down, Kai takes this chance to lie down on his lap and grab hold of his hand, interlocking their fingers together.

"I made it up so we can do this." Kai's eyes are shut but there's a proud smile plastered on his face. Kyungsoo tries to be unfaze by this and keeps his lips shut.

Kai blows a small gush of air from his mouth, hitting Kyungsoo's face and Kai smiles. "Aww, are you giving me the silent treatment?" He pouts and squeezes Kyungsoo's hands tighter around his.

They stay like that for a few brief moments and listen to the faint sound of other students playing soccer on the field but, mostly it's quiet and they also hear the breeze picking up.

"Kyungsoo."

"Kyungsoo-ssi."

"Kyungsoo-ah."

Kai repeatedly calls his name until Kyungsoo responds with a lazy hum.

"Pet my hair." He says more of a command than a request, but Kyungsoo obliges.

"You spoilt brat." Kyungsoo whispers and Kai laughs.

He looks up and Kyungsoo looks down to meet their eyes and the smile on Kai's face turns gentle before he lets go of Kyungsoo's hand and instead he props himself up with one and uses the other to pull Kyungsoo in for a short kiss.

Kyungsoo blinks as if they just had their first kiss and his lips turn up to a smile.

"You're really annoying, you know that?" Kyungsoo says and Kai replies with a chuckle.

"I know."

The both of them stay up in the school's rooftop, talking about nonsensical things like why tomatoes are a fruit and why elephants have big ears. Their hands are interlocked and Kyungsoo is playing with Kai's hair, entangling his fingers on his soft dark locks.

The two pass time just like that until the bell goes off, signalling for the final class. They promise to meet up by the gates so they could go back to Kai's house and hang out.

Kyungsoo spends his maths class doodling on his graph paper and thinking how the hell did he get so lucky to have Kim Jongin as his boyfriend.

Yes, and he still is scared that this all may be some sort of mirage. Kyungsoo's still scared that Kai will leave him. He knows he shouldn't be but there is a pea-sized doubt lingering inside of him.

He doesn't want to get hurt. Kyungsoo has played it safe for the rest of his life. It's one of his weaknesses.

It's the reason why he ruined Sehun's life. He's the reason. It's his fault because he played it safe.

-

Kyungsoo is on the verge of tears as he clutches his stomach, desperately gasping for air.

"Stop." He calls out as Kai repeatedly pokes a certain spot on Kyungsoo's side. "Jongin..I."

"I didn't know you were so ticklish, Kyung." Kai repeatedly jabs his side as Kyungsoo squirm on the sofa.

Suho stares at the two with judging eyes but Lay grins at the sight.

"Stop killing your boyfriend, Jongin-ah." Suho interject and they stop, Kyungsoo still gasping for oxygen and Kai grinning at his profound weakness.

As soon as Kyungsoo catches up to his breath, Sehun and Luhan enter the house. Luhan bows as a greeting, being the polite Chinese guy he is.

Luhan settles on the couch next to Kai and Sehun offers to get snack. Kyungsoo stands up and volunteers to help.

He follows himto the kitchen and as soon as they out of earshot, Kyungsoo grabs Sehun's arm.

"Sehun. We need to talk." Kyungsoo urges.

Ever since the day Sehun met Kyungsoo again, he had been purposefully avoiding a certain topic and Kyungsoo doesn't find it amusing at all.

Kyungsoo doesn't like that Sehun acts as if nothing happened. Kyungsoo wants Sehun to be mad at him, to shout at him or at least punch him, because he deserves it.

"Sehun, I know this isn't the best of times but we have to talk about it somehow."

"Oh, Kyungsoo can you please carry these over there." Sehun passes him a bowl full of Cheetos.

"Oh Sehun, please." Kyungsoo pleads. "I--"

"You what, Kyungsoo?" Sehun snaps, yet keeping his voice calm. "You want to apologize? You want me to say 'I forgive you'?"

Kyungsoo's mouth turns dry.

"I told you, I don't want to hear anything about it and I don't want you to apologize. I want you to forget everything." Sehun grits his teeth. "But I'll tell you this,"

"I'm not ready to forgive you, Kyungsoo."

.

Author's Corner:

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Has Sehun and Kyungsoo's closeness been a façade all along!?

Sorry for the loooong delay. I was stuck in a deep dark hole of writer's block. But IAM BACK!

I have 3 days left of school! Hurray! And finally it is my summer holiday!