Chapter 4

For The Love Of The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon and Yoona made their way to the cafe that was nearby. It was a quite walk, since Yoona was not much of a talker when it comes to people her age. Taecyeon wanted to say something but didn't know what to say, he looked at Yoona but she didn't looked back at him.They entered the cafe and were seated immediately, they waiter gave them their menus.

"Yoona sshi, you don't have to be so quite around me. I'm not going to bite you know." Taecyeon said hoping to get a answer said.

"I'm just not use to you yet, just give me some time." Yoona said without looking at him.

"I understand. So have you decided to go back to playing softball, they really need you."

"I know, I really want to play again. But..." Yoona stoped when the waiter came.

The waiter took their order and left. Taecyeon looked back at Yoona hoping she would finish what she was saying before.

"Yoona sshi, what's the real reason that you stop playing softball? I know that you really love to play from just looking at you play and practicing really hard by yourself. I know there has to be another reason why you stoped." Taecyeon let his curiousity get to him.

"It's the same reason why I started to play softball. My mom." Yoona said with sad eyes.

"What happened to your mom?" Taecyeon said looking at Yoona with even more curious eyes.

"She passed away. That day we won against our rival school...it was hard for me. I wanted to be happy that day but I couldn't." Tears started to flow down Yoona's eyes. "Even though she wasn't able to go to the game she was always supporting me. And that day I wanted to ignore her because I knew that she was trying to push herself to come to the game for the first time. I blamed myself for doing that, it's all my fault."

"You shouldn't blame yourself for that. People die and there is no way we could help them from going on. I know." Taecyeon looked down at his hands.

"Did something happen to your mom?" Yoona asked with tears still in her eyes.

"Not my mom but my father. My father passed away due to drugs, he was going crazy after my mom had left us and reporters were asking him so many question. I guess he couldn't take it no more, so he decided to end his life with drugs. I blamed myself because I thought it was all my fault that my mom left and that I was causeing my dad pain." Taecyeon takes a look at Yoona. " Everybody expect me to be like him, but I'm afraid to end up like him. Giving up on life." Taecyeon then said with a serious look on his face.

The waiter then showed up again with their food in her hand. Before leaving she wanted to ask Taecyeon a question.

"Are you that one basball player that died son?" She looked at Taecyeon hopeing he would answer her question.

"Yes, I'm the son of a overdosed baseball player. You got a problem with that." TAecyeon said with anger.

"Taecyeon sshi..." Yoona looked at Taecyeon with a surprise face.

"I'm sorry, I lost control of my temper and I shouldn't have done that. Please forgive me." Taecyeon said to the waiter.

The waiter just looked at Taecyeon with a smile which means that she understand him. The waiter then left and let Taecyeon continue eating their meal. Yoona kept looking at Taecyeon, she never met someone who has the same problem as her except it's worse.

"I'm sorry for my behaivor just now, I shouldn't have acted that way." TAecyeon said to Yoona hoping that she understand him.

"I wish I could be like you." Yoona said surprising TAecyeon.

"Why?" Taecyeon looked at the girl infront of him.

"You know how to express how you feel about your fathers death, but me I hold everything in. And when I do, I hurt myself more. I don't even speak to my dad about my feelings because I'm scared. I don't even have friends because I'm afraid that they would find me weird, so I stay quiet to myself. But you...your not ashamed of saying what you feel especially when that type of topic comes up." Yoona looked down at the half finish food on her plate.

"I can be that friend if you want. You could tell me how you feel when your feeling down."

"But we don't know he each other well. And people at school would say things about us being close friends."

"I don't care what they have to say. I haven't care for the past few years I've been there so why should I care now. For now on, Im Yoona you are my new friend and I'm going to be by your side all the time. And as a friend I say you should go back to practice with the team. You are more happy when you play and I know from watching the games."

"I guess I should. Thanks Taecyeon sshi. Thank you for careing for me. And thank you for wanting to be my friend."

"You don't have to keep thanking me you know, we are friends now."

"I understand." Yoona then looked up at the clock. " It's getting late, we should go. We have school in the morning."

"Yeah we should. But aren't you worried if your dad would get mad at you?"

"I haven't talked to my dad since that day she left. I don't care what he thinks anymore."

"You know for a girl who is shy, you sure do have a tough side."

" So I've heard." Yoona said with a smile. "I'll leave first."

"I could walk you home." Taecyeon said hopeing to keep her company.

"It's okay, you live father then I do, I live right around the corner. So you can just go home. BYe Taecyeon sshi." Yoona said and left out of the cafe.

Taecyeon just smiled and walked out of the cafe, he looked at the direction Yoona had walked before heading his way to home.

Yoona's P.O.V

What is this feeling? WHy did my heart feel like that when I was with Taecyeon sshi? I even cried infront of him. Aish Im Yoona you showed your weak side to someone. But why does he have that kind of effect on me. I looked at my moms picture.

"Eomma, I think I'm actually liking someone for the first time in my life. Your daughter is growing up."

I wanted to cry but I hold it back. I walked into the house, I could see my appa sleep on the couch. He must have waited for me, I told him not to wait for me. He so stubborn, I don't understand him. I went and got a blanket and layed it on him. I looked at him, he looked so tired.

"I'm sorry appa. I'm sorry for not sharing what I feel right now, I'm such a bad daughter."

I walked up to my room and there was that bag again, it was laying on the floor hunting me. I then looked up to see my jersey hanging up, my appa must have washed it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter