Chapter 19

For The Love Of The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's P.O.V

Ever since that day I tried my best to avoid seeing Seunghyun and Taecyeon. I leave home early for work so that I wouldn't have to see Seunghyun who come and visit the house in the morning. Taecyeon started to come around more  again and it was starting to get akward. Taecyeon's mother still stay on my back since his attitude had changed once again, she blaimed me for getting close to him. So she made me do things that I was not required to do, I didn't care anymore. As long as I don't get to see those two I would do anything at this point. Just maybe until everything is cleared up. I'm just sitting at my desk with all my thoughts colliding together into one big mess. My phone started to vibrate and it brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at the number on the phone, it was my dad calling. He probably wants me to come home right now or he'll probably scold me for working so much lately. I got up from my seat and head out the door. I answered his call just in time. I heard a sigh from the other end of the phone.

"Yoona, you know it's not good to over work yourself. Just come home early." I could hear voices in the background.

"Appa, who is that in the background?" There was a long pause before he responded.

"Why are you worrying about the person in the background? You should be worried about you health Im Yoona." I could hear the voice clearly in the background and I knew who exactly it was.

"Appa, I'm sorry but I have to work overtime tonight. I can't get out of it. You should tell Seunghyun to just go home or you two just go out and have fun. I still have a big work load on my desk." I know it's not good to lie to my father but I can't help it. I'm not fully recovered from the arguement we had a few week ago.

"AIsh, this stubborn daughter of mine. Don't make me come there and drag you home." He threatened me as if I was suppose to be scared. Maybe making him acatully care wasn't a good thing for me. Now he is this super nice dad that I was not hopeing for. He changed a lot compared to the past when he didn't care at all.

"Okay, I'll try to come early." I gave in to him since there really isn't anything I could do here at the office since I've finished everything already. And if I do stay any longer that crazy lady is going to try to kill me with more work.

"That's my girl, I'll have dinner waiting for you when you get here."

"Okay. I love you. Bye~" I hung up before he said anything else. I was about to turn back into the office when I felt a big pair hands wrap around my body. I opened my eyes wide from the shock, I knew who exactly it is.

"Taecyeon ssi...What are you doing? People are watching us. I was trying to take his hands off of me but he tighten the hug so that I would not slip away from his hold. This was exactly the reason why I couldn't see myself with him. Too much affection. 

"I just miss you so much. It seems like someone is avoiding me." He said letting his grip lossing.

"I have my reason. We are not an item Taecyeon, and plus your engaged already. You shouldn't be doing this when people are watching your every move." I kept looking around making sure people wasn't looking at us. They all know that Taecyeon is the son of CEO. A rumor could start up at any time.

"I don't care what anyone thinks." He said smiling at me. I could tell he knew I was looking around, but he didn't care. He was just too close for my liking.

"Not even your mother?" He looked at me as if I hit the spot that hurts the most..

"Don't bring that lady into this. I don't even care for her.I don't care about this stupid engagement, I just want to be with someone that makes me happy. And that person is you." He sounded a little mad. But what could he do? He is basically controlled by her.

"Taecyeon, I need to go back to work. You should go." I was going to leave but he grabbed me by the wrist again. I looked at him and was trying to pull from his grip but he was holding on really tight.

"What is going on here?" And then my worst nightmare appear right in front of us. Why does this feel like it happened before? Jessica walked up to us with her little crew. She never took her gaze off of me. Taecyeon slowly removed his hand from my wrist.

"It's nothing Jessica, we were just talking." He said not looking at her. He had this annoyed looked on his face, it was the first time I actually paid his expression. 

"And I was just leaveing so you have nothing to worry about."

"You still the same you know. You think just because you left and change doesn't mean any that the same loner you once were is gone. Your still a loner and a loser. I can't even believe my mother-in-law hired someone like you here." For someone that is older she sure is acting immature.

"If that makes you happy believe whatever you think. Your words are not going to hurt me like before Jessica, and you shouldn't be worried about me but youself instead. I hear things are not looking so good at your parents company." She just stared at me with her wide eyes. Now she see how it feels to be looked down on. I looked back at Taecyeon who looked shocked about the news, I left the two alone to go back to my work. I didn't want to stay long anyway.

After a long tired day I get home to find Seunghyun waiting in the living room. I thought he would have been gone by the time I had got back home but I was wrong. My dad looked at me as I walked pass the living room, he was about to say something but I stopped him. But it was too late Seunghyun noticed me.

"Why are you so late today?" He asked me. He looked really mad right now.

"I was busy with work and you know that." I walked passed him but he followed me.

"You could've at least called and said you were going to be late. You don't have a car and it's dangerous if you ride the bus late at night." I wish he would just stop this. It gets annoying, he's acting as if he was my father. My own dad is not even acting like this.

"Seunghyun oppa, can you stop this now? Your going overboard with this. I'm tired and I don't want to hear your nagging."

"I'm just worried about you."

"Your only worried about me because you know Taecyeon would come around me. Your just being overprotecting because your jealous. I don't like this side of you not at all. I want my friend who understood everything. We are not even married and you nag me everytime I come home from work. The last time I checked you didn't even propose to me, you just confessed your feelings for me and that's it. So I wish that you would just stop it." He didn't say anything and I took it as a sign to leave towards my room.

"I'm sorry appa for being late, I will be going up now." I ran up the stairs as fast I could and when I got to my room I closed the door and locked it.

"You sure have a wonderful life Im Yoona."

Moments like these I usually would go out and practice softball but what's the point when I had already struck out on everything that was thrown towards me. I had never thought things could turn out like this. Fate is playing with my life right now and it surely not doing a great job.

~Next Morning~

My alarm went off letting me know that it's time to get up for another crazy day. I looked at the calender that I had by my beside its marked that today is Taecyeon's engagement party. I didn't want to go but I knew his mother was going to find a way to make me come by saying it's for work. I just got ready anyway.I made my way down the stairs when I saw Seugnhyun sitting at the table with a cup of coffee infront of him. Has he been waiting here for a long time. We made eye contact, it was as if it was sign to tell each other that there is something bugging them. And when I looked at his eyes I could tell that there was something worrying him right now. I got closer and my day brought out food for breakfeast. I really want to know what's going on, maybe I already know what's going on but I'm just being the selfish person I have always been.

"Where are you going all dressed like that? You don't dress like that for work." My dad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter