Pre-Chapter - Past

Never There

Kris woke up with a jolt of pain along his left arms, he winced slightly. He looked around the room trying to spot his beloved Tao, but he couldn’t find him.

Kris sighed, he knew that Tao had moved on, maybe it was time for him to move on too. But he couldn’t! How would people expect him to move on? He loved Zitao too much for Heaven’s sake!

He reached out to get his phone, there was a text, from Zitao.

 

From : Taozi

Kris ge, get well soon. Sorry, can’t stay too long. Got to check on Sehun.

 

Kris sighed again. He knew that Tao loved Sehun too much. Maybe, it was really time for him to move on. He should try. Pulling at his hair with his other hand, he dialed a number he never thought he would dial ever again.

------

Tao sat himself on the corner of the dance practice room, he remembered this was the place he first met Kris. He remembered being so giddy like a school girl on her first crush. He smiled to himself. Guess I really was his girlfriend. I loved him so much. His phone rang, and ‘Sehuna’ appeared on the caller ID.

“Yes Sehuna?”

“Hyung, we just came back from the clinic to check on Kris hyung’s wound. He’s still there, maybe after practice you can go and check on him first before going back to the dorm?”

“Yes baby. I’m finished, I’ll go to the clinic before going back. Where are you now?”

“I’m going to go out with Jongin to get a cup of coffee”

“Okay, be careful baby. Don’t go to far from Jongin, okay?”

Sehun laughed, and Tao’s got a shiver down his spine. “Hyung, I know you love me but I’m not a kid. Who wants to kidnap a 6 feet tall kid, Hyung?”

Tao huffed, “Sehuna, you’re part of EXO, there are tons of sasaeng out there who wants to kidnap you”

“Don’t worry, Hyung. I’ll be okay! See you then?”

“Okay baby, please be careful. I’m so serious~”

“So dangerous?”, Sehun laughed again.

“I  love you”

“I love you too, hyung.”

Tao hummed and hung up.

He collected his stuffs and put it inside his bag. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he thought to himself Who is that boy? Sometimes I cannot recognize myself

And he spared his reflection one last glance before taking steps to go to the clinic.

------

Tao was greeted by a nurse when he entered the clinic. He smiled slightly and asked for a patient under the name Wu Yifan.

“He’s just  by that corridor over there, the other friends of his left about 15 minutes ago.”

“Okay”, Tao bowed.

And Tao walked the corridor, counting his steps as he turned and saw Kris. He was with a girl.

Walking closer, Tao scratched his not-itchy head. “Hey, Kris ge.”

Kris turned from the girl beside him and waved at Tao with his other hand.

“Hey Tao”

The girl beside him turned and smiled at Tao, her eyes turned into crescents and yes she’s a beautiful one.

“Oh, so this is Tao, Yifan? Huang Zitao isn’t it?”

Kris hummed in returned.

The girl walked closer to Tao and reached out her hand for a handshake.

“Hello, I am Mei-li. Mei-li Roberts.”

Tao’s breath stopped for a second. This is Mei-li? This beautiful Eurasian girl is Mei-li?

Tao shook her hand lightly, “Huang Zitao. Yeah, you already know my name.”

“I see you and Kris are really close. He talks about you all the time, like how cool you are, like how much he wants a brother like you. I can’t believe I get to see the person in real life!”

Tao narrowed his eyes a little at Kris, “Brother, eh?”

“I’m sorry if I creep you out, really. Oh, by the way, I’m Yifan’s childhood friend and his fiancée now.”

The younger male tilted his head, “When did you guys get engaged?”

She tapped her chin, “Umm… last year.”

Tao nodded, his eyes never leaving Kris.

“I guess Yifan ge will be alright now. Actually I came because Sehun told me to go check on him. But since you’re here, I guess he’ll be alright because he has someone to take care of him”

Mei-li smiled, “Yes, but it’s alright if you want to stay a little bit longer. I won’t disturb your conversation.” She laughed, “Well, boys time”

Tao smiled back, “There’s no such thing as ‘boys time’, Mei-li jie. That’s alright then, I better get going now. I still have lots of things to do.”

“A-alright then.”

“Zitao..”, Kris called.

Tao turned then smiled, “Yes, ge?”

“I’m sorry…”, Kris paused. “…that you had to come here after your wushu practice.”

Tao chuckled, “Don’t worry about it, ge. We are one, right?”

“I’ll be going back shortly.”

“Take your time!” Tao bowed to Mei-li and Kris then left without looking back.

He’s glad, he’s happy for Kris, is he not?


Wow, I'm so busy w/ school nowadays guys but I finally found a time to update for you guys, even though it's so short? Forgive me? Forgive your author?

If anyone got any questions or hypothesis(?) about Mei-li don't hesitate to go ask ^^

So please sub, comment and upvote? I'll love you all to death :3

Here's a little Taozi for ya

-21bangsfangirl