Side Chapter - Simple

Never There

Catching Feelings

-----

Kai squinted his eyes when he felt the light of the room radiated toward his face. He groaned slightly.

“Wake up, sleepy head~”

He heard someone cooed from a not-so-far distance.

“What time is it?”

“It’s 6. Better open your eyes, got a big day ahead of us today.”

“It’s the RCY concert, isn’t it today?”

Kyungsoo climbed the bed and plopped beside the still sleepy Kai. The younger wrapped his arms around his beloved hyung, and the small boy blushed.

“Why do you still blush everytime I touch you, hyung?”

Kyungsoo stuttered, “N-no… I mean, yes… I feel weird inside when you touch me…”

Kai laughed slightly and pecked Kyungsoo’s nose. “We’ve been together for so long, hyung. Don’t be shy around me.”

Kyungsoo blushed harder and hid his face to the taller’s chest.

“You should be happy, you know? That you still give me the same effect like the day we first got together.”

Kai lifted Kyungsoo’s chin so that he would look at him, and slowly connected their lips, kissing his beloved as slow as the rhythm of his heartbeat. He pulled away and smiled.

“I am grateful for that. Good morning, Kyungsoo hyung. I love you.”

Kyungsoo giggled and kissed Kai slightly, “Good morning, my innocent Jonginnie. I love you too.” He climbed off the bed and pulled Kai’s arm. “I’m gonna make breakfast, okay?”

“Isn’t today Yixing-hyung’s turn?”

“Yes, he’s making breakfast for the members. I’m making breakfast for my beloved”

Before Kai could hold Kyungsoo’s wrist to pull him for a kiss, the wide-eyed already ran off.

Kai smiled to himself as he entered the bathroom. “I am the luckiest and the happiest person in the whole world to have you, Kyungsoo hyung.” He glanced at the photograph hanging on the wall. It’s a printed high quality fantaken photo they got from a fan, a simple ‘KaiSoo’ scribbled at the bottom of the picture, with their autographs at the corners. In the picture, Kyungsoo is looking down to the floor while Kai is looking at him with a pure smile plastered on his face.

“We’re perfect”, he whispered.

-----

Kai entered the kitchen, drying his hair with a damp towel in his hand. He walked towards Kyungsoo who was cooking a special meal for him, wrapping his arms around his hyung from the back.

Kyungsoo squeaked, “Jongin! You startled me!”

“You’re adorable”. Jongin kissed his nape. “What are you making me?”

“Australian pancake, baby”

“Australian…pancake?”

“Yeah, I went through the recipes on the internet the other day. They said that Australia have one of the best pancakes in the world so I wanted to make my baby one of the best dishes in the world, plus it’s simple and breakfast worthy.”

“Hyung, you know you don’t have to do this…”

“Are you not happy with me making you this, Jongin-ah?”, Kyungsoo frowned.

“No! No! I mean, I don’t want you to be tired. Our schedule is already tight enough.”

“It doesn’t matter, Jongin-ah. I want to make you this, and I’m not tired because I love you~”

Kyungsoo lifted the pan off the stove, moving the pancake from the pan to the special blue plate he bought for Jongin. And he poured the sauce slowly on top of the cake, giving the last touch of whipped cream and blueberries on top.

“For you.”, Kyungsoo smiled, giving Jongin the plate.

“You are so damn lucky, Jongin”, Jongdae said entering the kitchen. “I wish someone would make me some special dish as well.”

Lay rolled his eyes behind him, “You’re not happy with my cooking?”

“I swear you put salt in my kiwi punch last night, Yixing. And you put ginger in my chicken soup! Are you having some sort of vendetta towards me?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Daedae. You’re exaggerating.”, Xiumin said kicking Chen’s ankle.

“Hey, that hurts, fluffball!”

“You’re exaggerating! It tasted just fine!”

“You should’ve tried mine, Minnie! It was a disgrace of a food.”

Yixing slapped Chen harshly, “You know what? I’m not making you breakfast today!”

“But what should I eat then?”

“I don’t care! You don’t want to eat a disgrace of a food, do you?”

“Xingie, baby. What happened?”, Suho said as he sat himself on the dining chair.

“Joonie! This troll said my cooking is a disgrace of a food!”, Lay ran to Suho, rubbing his eyes as if he was crying.

“Seriously, Jongdae?”

“Hey! I was joking, okay? You know me!”

“But you better think before you open your mouth.”, Suho patted Lay’s back slowly as the Chinese dancer buried his head in Suho’s chest.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I’m making breakfast today. You guys are unbelievable”

Lay lifted his head, “But hyung…”

“Don’t worry, calm yourself okay? Now call the rest of the pups, we’re eating Jap Chae.”

------

“Whoo! EXO-K!”

The MC’s voice boomed between the screams and squeals of the fans as they finished their performance.

Kai glanced slightly at Kyungsoo who was smiling and bowing repeatedly to the fans. Suho’s voice answering the MC was drowning in the background as if anyone else didn’t matter that time. Still strucked by the heart-shaped smile and lovely eyes, Kai’s smile widened, when they asked his beloved hyung to sing. It was always lovely listening to his hyung’s voice. He liked listening to Kyungsoo’s voice from the room when the wide-eyed sings in the bathroom.

For Kai, happiness was never this simple. He was an ambitious person always aiming for the best, stopping at nothing to be the first. He practiced and practiced dancing everyday, everywhere with anyone, so that he could get into the company and pursue his dreams of becoming an idol. He hardly smiled, because he thought he wouldn’t be happy before he could get what he wanted. And his works paid off, he managed to enter SM Entertainment at such young age.

But everything changed when he met the small boy with wide eye. He found out that happiness is simple. Just by hearing his voice and listening to him singing everyday made him smile and his heart pounded.

He snapped out of his thought when he heard Kyungsoo sang, it was beautiful as usual but suddenly it went out of tune, it cracked. Kai saw Kyungsoo smiled at his little mistake and the other members laughed it off. Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo a cheering smile and a fist, mouthing ‘fighting’ towards his fellow singer. Kyungsoo bowed, saying sorry to everyone and he tried again, opening his mouth to voice of another line of song. He tried to hit another high note, but his voice cracked again. His heart fell into his stomach, he never did a mistake in performing, his voice was always right. Yes, of course he did some mistakes in rehearsing but he never, never did a mistake in performing.

Kai was worried, he knew his lover well, Kyungsoo must be feeling really down right now. So he wrapped his arm around the singer, pressing their foreheads together.

“Gwenchana, hyung. You can do this”. Running his hand soothingly along Kyungsoo’s arms.

Kyungsoo nodded slightly and lifted his microphone, trying again.

“Could it be a possibility, I’m tryna say what’s up”

Kai smiled, looking at Kyungsoo with hope. Hoping that Kyungsoo’s voice wouldn’t crack again this time.

“Cause I’m made for you, and you for me. Baby now it’s time for us”

Kai waved his hand right and left along Kyungsoo’s rhythm.

“Tryna keep it all together but enough is enough”

“They say we’re too young for love. But I’m catching feelings…”

Kai smiled for the nth time that day, not a fake smile because he had to. But a smile because he was happy, because he felt relieved. “He did it”, Kai whispered. And at the end of the concert, he’s really convinced that happiness is simple.

------

“Jongin…”, Kyungsoo spoke when Kai came out of the bathroom, finished washing up.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Thank you for cheering me up on stage today. I would’ve humiliated myself more if wasn’t for you”

Kai hugged Kyungsoo, doing the little ministrations like he did to him on stage earlier that day.

“No, yeobo. It was all you, you are always perfect. I was just there to make sure that you’d stay perfect, I did nothing.”

Kyungsoo tip-toed to kiss Kai, “How could I ever thank you?”

“You know we could…”, Kai wriggled his eyebrows.

“Jongin! I’m tired, you ert!”

“Hyung! I was going to say we could go on a date some day this week, you ert!”

Kyungsoo blushed at his own thought, “I’m sorry…”

“Don’t worry I was just teasing you, you don’t have to do anything. Just cuddle with me tonight?”

“Jongin, we do that every night”, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

The younger didn’t reply, he kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead and shoved him into the shower instead.

“Jongin! What are you doing?!”, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“Go hurry and clean up, hyung! Jonginnie is tired~”

Kyungsoo laughed, “Okay, okay. See you in bed!”

He was now sure, that it doesn’t take much to be happy. You just need to do the things you love with the people you love.


I'm really sorry it's really ty, I just wanted to post something. I'm stupid at making members moments. It's okay if you hate this one uhuhuhuhu I'm not satisfied with this, maybe I'll edit this later, I'll rewrite this one in the future maybe. Let me know if you like this or not ;___;

I will post side chapter once in a while to balance the setaorishan with another couples' story ^^

SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE AND COMMENT PLS PLS PLS I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK

btw dis chapter ish for my beloved gull itssssupertetet who always updates me with exo stuffs i love you bby.

pictures credit goes to 9493room