Liking Each Other

Opposites Attract

*Sunjung's POV*

That night, you felt so much better, so much more refreshed. 

Your crush comforted you, hugged you, he made you go crazy. 

You sighed a happy breath of relief and washed your face before going off to sleep. 

 

The next morning, you woke up happier than usual. 

You thought about what happened yesterday. 
Yeah, you cried a lot, but hey, at least Ren was there for you. 

Then, you felt awkward because you realized that Jae was gonna be there. 

Jae. 

The guy that escaped when you were crying, so that Ren could comfort you. 

Your best friend. 

The guy that had a crush on you. 

You weren't even sure how to approach him, and you hesitated on whether or not you should've gone to school. 

Yet you did. 

If you even had one absent day, it would give you a guilty conscience for the rest of your life. 

You wouldn't dare let yourself feel like that, so you tried your hardest to go to school every single day. 

Even days where you were sick. 

You still went. 

Anyhow, you washed your face and got dressed in your uniform, wearing a knit, gray coat. 

The autumn days were getting chillier and chillier each day. 

Sighing and looking into the mirror, you smoothed your hair and skirt, and swung your backpack over your shoulder, rushing out the door. 

 

*Ren's POV*

Ren, on the other hand, woke up feeling dull and tired and confused. 

How should he approach you today?
Should he mention something about how cold the weather was getting?
No, he'll sound stupid. 

He put his head in his hands and groaned. 
JR ran into the room without waning and jumped onto Ren's bed. 

"Oh," he said, obviously disappointed. "You're awake." 

Ren looked up from his hands. 

"Yeah. I am," he said sharply, rolling his eyes as he got out of bed. 

"Well hurry up, we're gonna be late if you're gonna be a turtle." JR said, rushing out the door. 

Ren nodded and stretched, absentmindedly getting ready, while thinking about what he should do. 

 

When he walked into class, he saw you beaming, and he swore like no tomorrow. 

Sunjung's so cute, he thought. 

Inhaling and exhaling, he flexed his fingers, and joined you and Nayoung. 

"Hi Ren!" you greeted him cheerfully. 

He blushed softly, wondering if anyone could see it against his pale skin. 

It didn't seem like no one noticed. 

"Annyeong," he said softly. 

"How's your morning?" Nayoung grinned at him. 

"Good, so far," he yawned. "You guys?"

"So-so," Nayoung replied. 

"Same," you smiled. 

Oh my goodness, you're so cute, just-just stop, Ren groaned silently to himself at your adorableness. 

Ever since he realized that he liked you, he couldn't stop thinking about you. 

Now, he had a legitimate reason on why he could always think about, get crazy around you, always want to be with you. 

 

*Sunjung's POV*

You admired Ren that day. 

He just looked so cute in his uniform. 

Like, you've never thought a guy could look so cute in a school uniform before. 

Now, you realized that only Kpop stars could pull them off. 

You wondered how Ren felt about you. 

But everytime you've wondered, you've quickly dismissed the thoughts, not wanting to get your hopes up. 

Well, not anymore than it already is. 

That school day was casual, and less awkward than you thought it would be. 

Jae wasn't around, oddly, and even though you knew it was awkward between him and you, you still worried about him. 

After all, you and him were still friends. 

Just not as close as you used to be with him. 

You couldn't possibly look at him with the same light. 

It just wasn't possible anymore. 

Not for you, anyways.

Sighing, you tried to stop thinking about Jae, and you thought about the new semester. 
It was already November and the days were chilly. 

Your second year of high school was about to end soon, in February, just after Valentine's Day. 

Only three more months left. 

And you still had to think about the school trip too. 

Rumors went around, saying that this year, it's a trip to Jeju Island or something. 

You honestly didn't care, whether it be the Americas or China, you've always loved school trips. 

You didn't have to wear uniforms, and there was no restriction on clothing, and best of all, you could hang out with anyone, and not have a chaperone. 

Yeah, your school wasn't that strict on that policy. 

But last year, your only partner was Nayoung, and your trip was to Japan.
You still kept your distance around others.

You were only around them when you slept and went to the hot springs. 

Yeah, that was basically it. 

Other than that, you were walking around casually, enjoying the sight. 

You snapped out of your thoughts when Ren asked you a question. 
"Are you gonna go to the school trip?"

You thought about it for a second and nodded. 

"It's around the middle of March this year," Nayoung commented.

"So I've heard," Ren replied. "I also heard the staff saying that we were going to Jeju Island."
Oh, so the rumors were true. 

You rolled your eyes. 

"Well, I hope I'm not bathing in front of other people like last year," you said. 

"Did you bathe with men?" Ren asked curiously. 

You laughed and punched his arm playfully. 
"Of course not!" 

"Just making sure," he laughed with you. 

You wondered if he was jealous, but quickly thought about something else. 

Oh, you really just wanted to tell him how you felt right here, right now. 

Yet you were scared for his response. 

You have never been so nervous for a guy before.

But you knew that this meant that you really truly liked Ren from the bottom of your heart. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Aish. *-* 

This is author-nim here~

Aigo, such a short chapter, I'm sorry~ ^^; 

But anyhow...

Thank you for reading this story up to this point! I'm working very hard!
I will continue working hard for all of you and keep on posting frequently!

Be warned, the story will continue after they confess their feelings ^^

I hope you will still keep on following this story even after that~

I'm thinking of fluffy ideas, so please don't miss it!

Please enjoy reading the rest of this story and keep on supporting me~

Xie xie~ c:

 

~Subs, comments, and recommendations are always welcome and loved!~