Back To School

Opposites Attract

Sunjung's POV

 

You yawned as you walked through the doors to your school. 

It was the first day back, and you were not used to the new sleeping schedule yet. 

"Annyeong," you said sleepily as you sat in your seat. 

"Ah, Annyeong, Sunjung," Nayoung grinned. 

You gave her a tired pout. 

"What's with you today? Why so hyper?" you mumbled slowly.

You felt a hand pat your shoulder, and you looked up a second later, your reaction time being slow because of your lack of enough sleep. 

"Oh, annyeong," you gave a smile as you noticed it was Ren. 

He bent down and you stretched your neck forward to help him out a bit, and he gave you a light kiss on your lips. 

"Annyeong, Jagi~" he smiled, settling in the seat next to you. (A/N: Jagi/jagiya is used as a romantic term for couples, whether married or not.)

You noticed that he was wearing the scarf you had knitted for him as a Christmas present. 

Smiling back to him, you replied, "Jagi? I like the sound of that." 

He gave a lighthearted laugh. 

"Annyeong," Jae yawned as he walked in, and sat down. 

"Annyeong," we all replied back to him. 

He glanced over to Nayoung and gave her a peck on her cheek. 

"Hey, wait, I didn't tell them yet!" she whined loudly. 

He looked at her with slightly narrowed eyes, which showed confusion.

"What? Not yet? Why not?" he asked. 

"What? You're dating Nayoung?" you asked, your eyes wide with surprise. 

"Uh..." Jae said, oddly shy, his gaze darting away from yours. 

"Congrats!" Ren pat his back and Jae blushed. 

"Sh-shut up." he stuttered. 

"Woo, Jaeyoung couple~" I pinched their cheeks with my hands and Ren did the same. 

"Aish, stop it! Yah!" Jae objected, his voice muffled. 

"Ani, ani, Jaeyoung couple~" you said in a singsongy voice. 

"Renjung couple~" Nayoung replied in the same tone, but instead her voice was also muffled. 

"Renjung couple is fabulous," you replied jokingly. 

"L-let go," Jae wiggled out of your grip and gently tugged Nayoung out. 

He pouted and you couldn't help but laugh. 

"Whaaat?" he whined. 

"Ani, ani, it's nothing." you responded. 

"So do you guys call each other jagi, like us?" you asked curiously. 

Jae blushed, and so did Nayoung. 

"Sh-shut up." she managed to say. 

"...AWWWWWW." you said, holding Ren's hand. "That's so cute!" 

Nayoung didn't say anything. 

"Don't be shy, it's okay. Jaeyoung for life." Ren joked. 

"Neh," you agreed. 

"You guys are just in the romantic stage," Ren added. 

"Aren't you as well?" Jae countered back. 

"Neh, and I hope to be in it forever!" Ren replied cheerily, kissing your forehead. 

"Now don't be such a sour puss and tell us how you guys started dating~" you smiled. 

It was good to know that your two good friends were dating each other. 

"You start..." Jae looked at Nayoung and she nodded awkwardly.  

"Um, well I invited him to go to the church since you know, we were friends and all. Yeah...," Nayoung trailed off, waiting for Jae to continue on. 

"And I said yes." Jae managed to say. 

"Dang it, stop being so awkward, I want to listen to the story!" you objected. 

"Okay, okay, anyways, we went on the morning of Christmas Eve. And then we went to go see a fortune teller, and she said that a future with the both of us twined together was coming. I didn't believe that cause it sounded like bull, but then we kept on seeing each other, and I started to develop feelings..." Nayoung continued.

Jae nodded matter-of-factly. 

"And I asked him out on New Years. He said yes," Nayoung finished. 

"Just to be clear, I'm over you." Jae told me. 

"I kinda understood," you teased, rolling your eyes. 

"Okay, just making sure. I was just making sure that you wouldn't fall in love with this muscular, handsome, manly man." he joked. 

"The only muscular, handsome, manly man I know is Ren, so," you joked back. 

"Touche." he pouted.

"Yeah, you're not that muscular, pabo," Nayoung punched his arm playfully. 

"What? LOOK AT THESE MUSCLES." he flexed his left arm and you rolled your eyes again. 

"Don't you mean fat?" you countered, causing Nayoung to burst out laughing. 

"Sorry, sorry, jagi, I didn't mean to, I just thought that is was funny," she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, as he pouted. 

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, accepting her kiss.

"So did you guys do anything over the break?" Nayoung glanced at you two curiously.

"Not much," he answered. "I met her parents, and she met mines. We went out to the temple and the chuch. That's basically it." 

Jae's eyes widened and so did Nayoung's. 

"Y-You met her parents?" he stuttered.

"And you met his?" Nayoung stared at you, processing this in her head. 

"Uh, yeah. That's basically what he just said." You rolled your eyes. 

"Why are you guys so nonchalant about this?! This is like, a milestone in your guy's relationship!" Jae slapped Ren's back. 

Nayoung elbowed you. 

"Well, I mean, we've been dating for a while... It's only right that we introduce ourselves to the family..." you trailed off awkwardly. 

"Wait, wait, was it your whole family, or was it just your parents?" Jae looked at me in awe. 

"Well, for me it was my whole family... He came over for New Years." you answered. 

Ren nodded matter-of-factly. 

"And you know Sunhi right?" you asked. Jae and Nayound nodded in unison. 

You shuddered before speaking again. 

"She has a crush on Ren now." you groaned. 

Nayoung burst out laughing. 

"That little twerp has a crush on your boyfriend?" 

You nodded gravely. 

"But she's only...eight?" Jae phrased it as a form of a question and you nodded. 

Nayoung kept on laughing. 

"Ren...nine...years...older...twerp! Hahaha!" she laughed so hard she cried a bit. 

"Ugh, you don't even know how possessive she was!" you complained. 

Ren's eyes shot wide. 

"It. Was. So. Creepy." he shuddered. 

Jae looked at him in amazement. 

"I'm surprised you even made it back alive." he commented. 

Ren nodded in agreement.

"I'm surprised myself." he spoke in a quiet voice, frowning. 

"Aigo..." you sighed, putting your face in your hands. 

"Was it really that bad?" Nayoung said, after recovering from her laugh attack. 

You nodded. 

"You should've been there," you said, remembering what had happened. "She forced me away from my boyfriend. Forced!" 

Nayoung giggled a bit. 

"Glad I didn't come this year." she grinned. 

You rolled your eyes. 

"Lucky you," you mumbled. "And now, every week, all I hear is, 'let me see Ren oppa, let me see Ren oppa!'" 

Your face darkened. 

Jae pat Ren's shoulder sympathetically. 

"Our prayers go out to you, young Ren. Your oddly attractive face brings all the girls to you. You're like a magnet." he said in a serious tone. 

"You've met Sunhi?" Ren asked Jae. 

Jae thought for a bit. 

"Well... yeah, but she was about uh, three? So, about five years ago. When I was 12, almost 13." he answered. 

"Oh, aren't you the lucky one." Ren scowled. 

"Well, she was fussy when I visited." he shrugged. 

"But did she have a crush on you?" 

"True." 

You yawned, and Ren noticed you. 

"You tired?" he asked. 

You nodded a bit. 

"I didn't sleep as much as I used to last night," you mumbled. 

He pulled you closer to him, letting your head rest on his shoulder. 

"Stay like this for a bit okay?" he whispered softly to you. 

You nodded, blushing a bit. 

"Good jagi," he chuckled a bit. 

"Awww," Nayoung smiled. "Renjung couple~ Hwaiting!" 

You rolled your eyes, and Ren just wrapped his arm around your waist. 

"Pabo," you managed to say. 

Nayoung shot you a look. 

"You're not gonna get on a pabo frenzy are you?" she asked, her eyes narrowed. 

You stuck your tongue out to tease. 

Nayoung furrowed her brow. 

"Jaeyoung couple~ Hwaiting!" you imitated her tone. 

"We're fabulous, okay." she flipped her hair. 

"I didn't say you weren't," you said playfully. "Pa-bo." You sounded out the syllables and Ren laughed a bit. 

"Aren't you sarcastic when you're tired," Ren remarked. 

You moved your eyes to stare at him, and gave a quick smile. 

"It's one of my specialties." you said, sitting up and stretching. 

"You don't want to lay on my head anymore?" he asked, frowning at the sudden loss. 

"Well the bell-" You were interrupted by a loud ring, signalling the start of class. "-is about to ring."

Ren laughed and smiled. 

"Work hard today, ne?" he took your hands and warmly pressed them to his face. 

You nodded. 

"Ne." you responded, standing there like that, frozen, but still enjoying it. "You too." 

He nodded, and went over to his seat, and you went to yours. 

The rest of the day was pretty good. 

You got to hang out with both Nayoung and Jae, but most importantly, you got to be with Ren.

Ren the boyfriend. 

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating in a while ^0^;;

I was busy and I didn't really know how to start this chapter so. >.< 
But I hope you all enjoy~ 

Yeah. LOLOK. 

~Subs, recommendations, votes, and comments please~