Confession

Opposites Attract

*Sunjung's POV*

 

You saw Jae go to school again. 

It was the same as before. 

Except, your feelings for Ren were stronger each and every day. 

"Annyeong," you said, removing your scarf, as you sat down next to Nayoung. 

"Annyeong," Jae, Ren, and her said. 

"Aish, so what's up?" you asked.

"Nothing much," Nayoung lazily said, scrolling down her Naver on her phone. 

"Same," Jae replied, staring out the window, sighing a little bit. 

"Well, Nu'est is having our tour. Today's my last day for until the week before Christmas," Ren said. 

Your eyes widened. 

"Can we have free tickets?" Nayoung joked. 

"In fact, I brought some," Ren grinned, reaching into his bag and pulling out three long strips of paper, and passes. "There's front row tickets and backstage VIPs."

"Woah," you gasped. 

"I have connections," he pulled your ticket and gave it to you. 
"Or you're just in the band," Jae rolled his eyes as he accepted his. 

"That too," Ren smiled. 

"Are you sure we can take these?" you asked, worried. 

"Of course. I got them for free," he grinned. 

"Well, then I'm accepting these," Nayoung stared at hers in awe.

Ren rolled his eyes, and you stared at your tickets as well, feeling a little down.

He was leaving until the week before Christmas?
That was still a month.

And that's the week you were on winter break.  

Why did the world have to be so cruel? 
You realized that you could only see him after the new year. 

And still. 

You would go crazy without seeing Ren for a month and two weeks or so. 

You silently groaned to yourself, and promised to cherish this day to the fullest. 

Blinking, you looked up and saw Jae staring at you. 

He didn't break eye contact as you gazed back. 

He used his tickets to cover his mouth from Ren and mouthed some words to you. 

You were pretty skilled at reading words, and you watched. 

 

Tell him that you like him today. It's now or never.

 

You furrowed your brow and pouted. 

You were still shy, and unconfident on confessing your feelings, but Jae was right. 

"Oi, when are you leaving?" Jae asked. 

"Hm? Oh, immediately after school." Ren answered. 

Okay. 

So you had a full school day to hike up your skirt and grow some balls. 

Yeah, today was gonna be fun. 

 

To your surprise, the day went faster than you had initially expected. 

You sat next to Nayoung in free period. 

"Hey, are you gonna tell him today? He's gonna be gone for a while..." Nayoung whispered into your ear. 

You turned to face her. 

"Maybe..." you trailed off. 

"But it'll be a month and two weeks..." Nayoung said in a hushed voice. 

You didn't reply. 

"Are you okay with that?"

"Ani..." you said. 

"Then you have to tell him, or else I'm pouring kimchi into your bra." Nayoung said indignantly. 

"But I don't have the courage," you argued. 

"You don't have the courage to ask out a guy, but you have the courage to bathe in front of at least 22 women?" Nayoung gave you a stare that made you seem stupid. "Are you insane?" 

"I probably am," you laughed. 

She rolled her eyes. 

"Lee Sunjung, I know you. You do have the courage. You're just being silly right now. So grow some balls and ask him out! Or someone else will. I'm pretty sure that a fangirl will be willing to shake their s in his face," Nayoung winked. 

You felt jealousy and irritated spark in your chest, and you knew that Nayoung was right. 

The fangirls were crazy, but they liked Ren as well. 

Yeah, you might not have a chance to stand against them, but you knew you had to try. 

"Kamsahamnida," You said, feeling fueled with energy and courage. "I can do this!" You raised a fist in the air and had a triumphant look on your face. 

"That's the Sunjung I know," Nayoung laughed and checked her watch. "It's almost time. Prepare yourself, young grasshopper. It'll be like a sale the day before Christmas in a shopping mall." 

You couldn't help but laugh and you smiled. 

"You're so stupid." you said, and the bell rang. 

"Now, now, now!" Nayoung pushed you out of the desk, and you found yourself in the hallway after Jae spotted you, and managed to keep you walking. 

"Aish," you pouted, and looked for Ren. 

Where was he?
You rushed outside and saw him piling into a van with JR, and some others.

"Ren!" you called but he didn't hear you. 
Cursing under your breath, it took all of your courage and strength and you shouted out his name. 

"Choi Minki, come ove here please!" 

This time, he seemed to have heard you. 

He blinked, and turned his head your direction. 
Excusing himself from the van, he got out and walked towards you, stopping when he and you were centimeters apart. 

You fumbled with your words and you couldn't look at him in the face. 

"Ren-" you started to say. 

"Ren, come back!" JR shouted. 

"I'm sorry, Sunjung, I've really got to go," Ren started to leave and you balled your hands into fists.

"No, listen to me!" you called again. 

Ren turned and sighed, wondering what you had wanted to say. 

He walked back to you. 

You looked up at him and stared into his black eyes. 

"What is it, Sunjung-ah?" he laughed a bit. 

You inhaled and said, "Ren. I really, really like you, but I don't know how you feel about me and..." You trailed off. 

Ren stared at you with wide eyes. 

"Really?" he asked. 

You nodded, shyly, refusing to meet his gaze. 

Ren was about to say something, but was interrupted by JR. 

"Ren, really, we have to go!" 

He rolled his eyes, and focused on you. 

"Do you have a pen on you?" he asked. 

"Ah, yeah," you said, searching through your backpack, and handing him one. 

Smiling, he took your hand and scribbled something on it. 

"My number," he said, placing the pen back in your hand. "Text me while I'm gone. And when I get back, I'll be giving you more than just this."

"Wha-?" you said, but was surprised by what he did next. 

He kissed your forehead sweetly, and before you could say anything, Ren dashed off into the van. 

You watched as it disappeared, the spot where he kissed you was still warm and made you feel fuzzy. 

You blinked and tried to process everything in your mind. 

Yes, Ren said yes, you realized. 

Grinning, you hugged the pen to your chest. 

Ren was your boyfriend.

Choi Minki was finally yours. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Aish *-* 
We finally got to this part of the story~

Thank you for reading! 
I'm trying my best~
Aigo, I can finally make them in a relationship ^^

Well, keep on reading~

~Subs,comments, and recommendations make me a happy author-nim~