Meeting His Parents

Opposites Attract

Sunjung's POV

 

You sighed anxiously as you stood at the front door of Ren's parent's house holding a box of kimchi. 

After New Years, he had invited you to meet his parents because they were curious on who you were, and although Ren usually stayed in the Nu'est dorms, he had come back to his parent's home for the weekend. 

Okay, Sunjung, you thought. There's nothing to be worried about. They must be nice people. Afterall, they are Ren's parents.

You slowly pressed the bell, closing your eyes for a moment to take in the rest of your sanity. 

The door opened the same time you opened your eyes and you saw a middle aged woman with brown hair and slightly large eyes looking back at you. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," you bowed a perfect ninety degrees. "My name is Lee Sunjung and I'm dating your son, Minki." 

You used his real name because you weren't sure if they used his nickname at home. 

"Ah, Ren's girlfriend? Oh my, please come in!" His mother quickly moved over so that you could step in, and you smiled as you walked in, slipping your shoes off and neatly setting them near the corner. 

"Are you well, Mrs. Choi?" you asked kindly. "This is from my mother. She made some kimchi." 

"Oh, yes, but you don't have to be so respectful," she chuckled a bit, and took the bag. "You can call me eemo, and tell your mother kamsahamnida." 

"Ah, ne, eemo," you nodded. 

"You're a good child," she grinned. "Ah, husband, Ren's girlfriend is here!" 

"What?" You saw a tall man pop out from a corner, and you looked up at him as he stared down at you. 

"A-annyeonghaseyo," you said, a bit startled by his intimidating height. "I'm Lee Sunjung. Pleased to make your acquaintance." 

"Annyeong Sunjung-sshi," he broke out into a grin, and you slowly relaxed. 

"Please sit down, I'll call Ren down for you." Eemo said gently, and you nodded, easing yourself on the couch, sitting up straight. 

"Sunjung-ah, please call me samchon," Ren's dad smiled to you, settling on the couch that was diagonal to the one you were sitting on. 

You nodded respectfully. 

"Ne," you replied. 

"St-stop it!" You heard Ren's voice, and you twisted your head to your right, still sitting straight. He was swatting a taller guy with brown hair, but had qualities that made him and Ren similar. 

"Ah," you said, standing up. "Annyeong Ren," You bowed a bit. 

"Annyeong, Sunjung," he grinned as you stood up straight. "This is my brother." 

He rolled his eyes and shook his head a bit. 

"He's a bit silly," he warned. "I hope you don't mind." 

"What? Why would she mind?" his brother pouted. 

"Because it's you," Ren countered back playfully. 

You stood in silence as you watched them bicker. 

"Boys, we have a guest." Eemo scolded. 

"Ne..." his brother said, sulking a bit, but then turned to you with a smile. "Annyeong! I'm Ren's brother, Minji!" 

"Annyeong," you replied back. "I'm Sunjung." 

Just when you had thought that you had repeated your name enough times, an elderly couple came into the room. 

"Who's she?" the elder woman said, walking up to you to inspect you a bit. 

You were uncomfortable, but tried not to show it. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Sunjung. I am Ren's girlfriend," you gave a smile. 

"Girlfriend? So this is the girlfriend you were talking about! She's a cutie," the elderly man nudged Ren playfully, and you blushed. 

"These," Ren motioned to the elderly couple, "are my grandparents." 

"You can call me Suhyun," his grandmother said, giving you a toothy grin. 

"I'm Woonha," his grandfather added. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," you repeated again, smiling a bit bigger this time, and bowing. 

"Ah, very respectful. You've gotten a good girl, huh, Ren?" His grandmother nudged him and gave him a quick wink and Ren looked at them, embarrassed. 

"Oh, Sunjung-sshi, it's already time for dinner, please sit down at the table!" Eemo suddenly said, and manuevered you to the dining table in the kitchen. 

You sat next to Ren, and every time you offered to help, you were always turned down, and you sat, watching awkwardly. 

"Don't worry, Sunjung-ah," his mother assured you as she put a platter down and sat down. "I'm already done!" 

"Oh, ne," you nodded obidiently, and blinked, wondering what you should do next. 

"Now it's time to pray for the good food that God has supplied us," Samchon grinned, putting his palms together, and closing his eyes. 

You followed suit. 

Kamsahamnida for the good food, God, you thought. I hope everything is growing well. Also, please let me survive this night peacefully! Kamsahamnida!

You fluttered your eyes open and met the gaze of Ren.

You smiled, and he smiled back. 
Turning your head, you waited until everyone had looked up from their praying and they began to eat. 

You picked up your rice bowl and chopsticks and placed some freshly made bulgogi into it. 

"Ah, you're so skinny Sunjung, eat some more please!" Samchon piled a heap of meat onto your bowl and you nodded obidiently, knawing it at your own pace. 

"Your cooking is wonderful," you gave a kind smile to eemo and she covered the lower half of her face, bashfully. 

"Ani, ani," she said, swatting her hand around. "It's just average." 

"Ani," you argued lightly. "It's delicious." 

"Do you cook?" Samchon asked you. 

You quickly turned to meet his gaze and you nodded. 

"I'm not that experienced yet, but I can cook," you said humbly. 

"No, I'm sure your cooking is wonderful." Eemo looked at you and gave a grin. 

You smiled back bashfully. 

"It's not that great... Really," you said sheepishly.

"Ani," Eemo argued. "I'm sure it's delicious. You have to bring something for me! The kimchi is wonderful as well." 

You blushed a bit. 

"Kamsahamnida," you replied shyly, looking down, and chuckling a bit. 

Samchon scooped some meat into your bowl, and you nodded in thanks. 

"Aigo...," he said, staring at you. "You're so skinny. Eat some more!" 

"Ah, ne," you replied, picking up a pile of rice from your bowl with your chopsticks. 

"Sunjung-ah! Are we friends?" Minji said, grinning, even though his mouth was already full of food.

You nodded feverently. 

"Of course," you smiled. 

He looked at you with excitement in his eyes. 

So much for being the older child. 

You turned your head to look at Ren, who was strangely silent during the whole escapade. 

Blinking and staring at him innocently, you waited until he turned to meet your gaze. 

"Yes?" he asked, looking down at you. 

"Ani... Are you okay?" you said quietly. "You seem less talkative than usual."

"Ah, ani, ani, it's nothing." he gave you a smile and you shrugged, accepting his reply. 

The rest of the dinner ended smoothly. 

You found yourself already standing upp, and putting everything in the sink. 

"Let me help," you offered kindly, smiling to Ren's umma. 

She shook her head and replied, "Ani, ani, I can't make it work." 

"But it's fine, I can help-" 

"Ani, it's getting late. You should go back home." she said, waving her left hand wildly. 

After a few more objections, you eventually accepted your loss, and you gave a small bow. 

"Well, I'll be heading home." you said. 

"Ah, good bye. It was wonderful meeting you. You have quite the manners for someone that's a teenager these days, no offense." she gave you a smile. 

"Ah, ani, why would I be offended?" you gave a quick bow again, and smiled. 

"Well, good night, Sunjung-ah," his umma smiled back, and you nodded. 

Heading out the kitchen, you saw his appa, and you bowed. 

"Ah, I'll be going off now." you said as you pulled back up. 

"Ah, okay, okay. Do you have a ride?" he asked. 

You shook your head.

"I'll drive you home then-" 

"Ani, appa, I want to drive her home!" Ren suddenly interjected. 

His father stared at him, and nodded. 

"Okay, okay. Take your time." he gave a sly grin to Ren that you didn't notice. 

"Ne," Ren replied, giving him a stare, before turning his gaze to meet you. "Get in the car, I'll get the keys, okay?" 

You nodded, and went off to slip on your shoes. 

Walking into the garage, you pressed the button that opened the door. 

Ren walked out to meet you, and you sat in the passenger seat, next to him. 
He sat in the driver seat, and pushed the keys in the ignition and turned it. 

"Do you think your parents like me?" you asked anxiously. 

He looked at you for a moment, and gave a nod and a quick peck on your lips. 

"They love you because you're you," he said. "Just like me." 

You blushed and turned your head the other way, and Ren gave a little laugh. 

He started to drive out of the garage, and you stared out the window, noticing the scenery. 

You don't remember when this happened, but after some time, all you knew was that you had fallen asleep. 

 

Ren's POV

I noticed that Sunjung was sleeping peacefully. 

I took quick glances at her face when I had the chance to.

She looks like an angel.

I couldn't help but admire her closely. 

It didn't take long before I arrived at her house, but I didn't want to wake her up just yet. 

She looked too innocent. 

So, I took this opportunity to touch her hair and her cheeks and give her tiny kisses. 

"Hnnn," she quietly mumbled as I gave her a soft peck on her forehead. 

Chuckling to myself, I stared at the contours of her face closely. 

Double eyelids, small, blood red lips; there were so many traits that made her who she is. 

Checking my watch, it was already really late. 

Taking one last look, I smiled to myself, and gently shook her. 

"Sunjung-ah~" I cooed, my voice sounding like a purr. "Wake up~ Or else I'll have to squeeze you tight!" 

Her eyes opened slowly, and her voice was hoarse from her nap. 

"What?" she said, yawning. 

"We're here, Sunjung-ah~" I watched as she blinked, trying to scan her surroundings.

"Oh," she stretched her neck to give a quick kiss on my lips. "Thank you. I love you." 
"I love you too," I called, as she opened the door and closed it. 

"I love you a whole dang lot..." I trailed off as I watched her walk inside her house, and then drove away. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I would like to say thank you to all my fans and subscribers and anyone else ^^
The last time I updated, which was last week, I saw that I had 175ish views. 

But now I have over 300~ (: 

You guys make my day so bright and I'm working really hard for you guys ^^
I'm so sorry that the chapter took a long time :'c

I was really busy with school and all. 

But I will try as hard as I can to make you all happy (: 

Second, I made up the family names, so please don't yell at me. x)

Thank you~

Thank you for your support and such (: 
I hope to see you in the next chapter! :D

 

~Subs, recommendations, votes, and comments please~