White Day

Opposites Attract

You sighed as you sat on the couch with your phone. 

Ren was going to be busy all break because of his idol activities, and since today was White Day, you were sure that Nayoung and Jae were on a date.

Sighing again, you turned around on the couch, your stomach touching the cushion, and you hung your arms over the armrest with your phone in your hand. 

What should you do? 

Your boyfriend was busy, your friends were busy, and you didn't really want to spend a whole White Day with your parents-- wait, they were busy too. 

Practically everyone but you was busy on a date or something. 

You sighed, and turned again, putting your phone on your stomach. 

When you weren't expecting it, your phone rang, making you jump. 

"Ouch...," you mumbled, as you rubbed your head, which you hit on the armrest. 

You picked up your phone and your eyes practically bulged open when you saw who it was. 

"R-Ren? Why are you calling me?" You asked once you accepted the call. 

His soft laugh answered you. 

"Hey, I begged my manager to give me a day off today!" he excitedly said. "I'll pick you up in like, thirty minutes." 

"Arasseo, arasseo. I can't wait to see you." 

After you ended the call, you held your phone to your chest, and breathed happily before squealing in happiness. 

"Yay yay yay~ Ren's gonna pick me up, Ren's gonna pick me up, Ren's gonna-" You stopped and dreadfully said, "Ren's gonna... pick me up..."

You raced upstairs to your room and fumbled through your closet. 

There was no way you'd ever wear polka dot pajamas and bunny slippers to your date; never in a million years. 

You frantically swept through your closet over and over again, and the thirty minutes was slowly coming. 

"Yah, what do I have in this stupid closet?!" you sighed, worriedly. 

Then finally, you decided to pull out a simple pink and white, peter pan collared dress.

"Aish, this should do." You mumbled as you put it on. 

Afterwards, you quickly put on casual makeup, and dashed downstairs to pick out the right shoes. 

"Agh, light pink flats are okay then," You muttered as you grabbed them, and quickly checked if Ren was there. 

You sighed in relief when you didn't see him in the driveway. 

"Okay, time for hair," you told yourself, and ran upstairs, grabbing your curler and hairspray.

(Note: Picking out clothes took about 15 minutes, make up took about five minutes, getting shoes took about two minutes, and hair will probably take you ten minutes.)

"Aigo I'm so tired," you whined as you quickly grabbed another piece of hair and curled it.

"Pali pali pali pali," you continuously muttered to yourself, and you practically freaked out when you heard the doorbell.

You were so panicky that you accidentally brought the curl iron with you when you went to get the door.

It was probably safe to say that Ren looked at you as if you were a wild donkey preparing to go take a poop.

"Um... I can wait?" he said awkwardly, as he let himself inside.

"Ah, arasseo, I'll be back soon!" you said that as you locked the door and dashed up the stairs with the curling iron's cord running after you.

This scene made Ren chuckle, and he just sat down at the stairway, waiting for you.

Meanwhile, you were thrashing upstairs and causing a ruckus as you tidied up.

"Okay, hair's done, what next, what next," you mumbled, and sighed, before running into your room and just putting whatever you think you needed into your purse.

Then you slung it over your shoulder, ran into the bathroom to check if everything was plugged off and in it's place and then you dashed downstairs.

"Mianhae... for... taking so... long," you huffed, trying to catch your breath.

"You didn't have to rush," Ren said, as he looked at you, amused.

"But you were waiting," you answered, slowing regaining your breath.  

"I didn't mind waiting," Ren pouted.

"But I didn't want you to wait~" you groaned. 

"Arasseo, arasseo," he laughed, taking your hand, and easily sneaking his fingers through yours.

You giggled as you noticed it, and put your shoes on. 

"Let's go?" you suggest, and Ren nodded.

He led you out, and you locked the door, before getting into his car. 

"Oh, we're almost 18 ne?" you commented, putting the seat belt on.

"Ne," Ren nodded, doing the same. "And we're in our last year of high school."

You laughed. 

"Aigo, we're getting old," you mumbled, hearing the ignition . 

"Ah, ne," Ren chuckled softly, as he drove out of your driveway.

"When's your birthday?" you suddenly asked. 

"Hm? Oh, November 3rd." He answered. "You?"

"Ah. November 18th." You replied.

"Our birthdays are close," Ren marvelled at the fact.

"Wuah, by 15 days," you laughed, amused. 

"But still! It's in November," Ren pouted. 

"Arasseo, arasseo, you can celebrate it next time," you grinned cheekily.

"Fine," Ren mumbled reluctantly.

"Hey, where are we going?" you asked, stretching your neck over the top of the hood, to look at the road. 

Ren laughed, and replied, "Remember that restaurant I took you to for Christmas? We're going there. And I'll give you your present afterwards." 

The way he phrased it made it sound suspicious, and you couldn't help but wonder what he was going to do. 

It wasn't long before he arrived at the place, and parked in an empty spot. 

"Here we are!" he declared obviously, waving his hands around for effect. 

He got out of the car, and you followed suit.

Ren led you inside, and the waitress smiled at you guys.

"Two?" she asked, and Ren nodded to confirm.

"Arasseo," the waitress said, and led us to a table. "Another waitress will serve you guys, okay?" 

"That's fine," Ren answered, and the waitress nodded, leaving.

"So, how'd you get a day off?" you asked. "I mean, it's White Day. Aren't you supposed to do something crazy, like wear a giant heart suit, while bungee jumping off of the Pledis building?"

Ren narrowed his eyes and pouted at your joke.

"Ani," he answered. "I just had to... um... you know."

"What do I know?" you smirked.

"Dr-dress up ... as ... a girl..." Ren mumbled.

You tried holding in your laugh, but this was just too much.

Ren was famous for his girlish looks and he didn't like being teased or bullied about it, but when things like this happen, you had to laugh.

"Don't laugh at me, I'm doing this for you," he blushed, embarrassed.

"Arasseo, arasseo," you waved your hand, but before you could say anything else, a somewhat familiar girlish voice squealed.

"Omo, omo, aren't you... Ren from Nu'est?!"

You turned your head and practically groaned to yourself as you realized that it was that one weirdo girl from the store when you were Valentine's Day shopping.

"And aren't you that girl from that one day?!" The girl asked, shocked, as if you was some foreign piece of amazingness.

"Annyeong?" you phrased it as a question because you weren't really sure what to  make of this situation. 

"I would've never thought that your boyfriend is... him! I'm a complete Nu'est fan!" 

"Oh." You remarked.

"Annyeong," Ren gave her a small smile. 

"A-annyeong." The waitress answered, her face getting red. "I'm Choi Eunrae, by the way."

"Nice to meet you," Ren said. "Can we order-"

"Of course you can!" Eunrae jumped up and down. 

"Are you... still working at the shop?" you asked queasily. 

"Hm? Oh that shop. No, they fired me," Eunrae shrugged casually.

I can't possibly imagine why..., You thought to yourself. 

"But it's okay! In this job, I saw Ren oppa!" she squealed and Ren smiled. 

"Anyways, can we just have an order of this?" he pointed to a meal on the menu and Eunrae nodded. 

"I like that one," she pointed to another dish, "but that one's okay too."

"Thanks for your opinion," Ren nodded.

"Any time oppa!" Eunrae smiled and left. 

"You know her?" Ren raised an eyebrow. 

You shook your head.

"She just bothered me while I was shopping for your Valentine's present." You replied. 

Ren nodded an 'ah,' and leaned forward, getting closer to you.

"Wh-what?" you asked nervously, as you noticed him scanning your face.

He smiled cheekily. 

"Nothing. I haven't seen you in a while, so I wanted to look at your face again," he replied cheesily. 

You rolled your eyes. 

"If you say so."

Ren just kept observing the contours on your face, until Eunrae approached your table with plates of food.

"Here oppa!" she grinned and set the plates down. 

"Kamsahamnida." Ren answered, and pushed the dishes, so that they wouldn't fall over the table.

"Oppa, I've been meaning to ask..." 

"Yes?" 

"Can you sign my shirt?" Eunrae asked shyly. 

"Of course," Ren answered. "Where?" 

"Here." 

You paled as you saw where she pointed, and even Ren, who's skin was milky white, got even paler. 

"Your... s?" he asked, awestricken. 

Eunrae nodded. 

You knew this girl was annoying, but this was just beyond... everything. 

"Can't I sign somewhere else?" Ren asked. 

"This is my preferred spot," Eunrae smiled. 

"Okay, preferred spot. I'm signing your stomach then," Ren mumbled, and grabbed a Sharpie, quickly signing on her tummy. 

"Thank you so much, omo!" Eunrae squealed and hopped away. 

"Mianhae," Ren sighed as he turned to you. 

"F-for what?" you stuttered, still trying to get that unsightly scene out of your head. 

"That whole... everything." Ren answered, unsure of what to say. 

"Oh. It's okay," you replied. "Let's just... eat."

You two dug into the food, but it didn't taste quite as good as last time, and you knew it wasn't the chef's fault. 

"C-can we just not come here like... ever again?" Ren asked. 

You nodded without any qualms. 

"I'm all up for the idea," you mumbled. 

The two of you guys, shook hands, and quietly ate. 

Shortly after, you finished eating, and Ren quickly paid before Eunrae could smush her face into Ren's personal bubble. 

Once you guys got in the car, however, you and Ren sighed in happiness, content, relaxation, anything you can name. 

"That was a rather... horrible experience." Ren mumbled. 

"Ne. And the worst part is that she's coming to our school." You remarked, staring into space. 

"BWOH? That... that means that hyungs and I have to watch out!" Ren grabbed his face in alarm, squishing it in agony. "Why does this have to happen to us? Whyyyy?" 

"Molla. Let's just... pretend this day never happened. I can never look at a White Day the same anymore." You suggested. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I got you a stuffed octopus and a stuffed dog." Ren said in a monotone voice. 

"Anything makes me feel better." You answered. 

"You want to go home now?" Ren suggested. 

"I think it's the best for the both of us if we just went home," you shuddered. "I cannot get that sight out of my head." 

"Arasseo," Ren nodded, starting the ignition. "See you next time then."

"Alright." You remarked, and Ren gave you a reassuring kiss on the lips before starting to drive. 

"I hope she doesn't come running to us all the time," Ren groaned under his breath. 

"Ne," you shuddered again. "But then Nayoung and Jae will see ... her."

"Why couldn't I just live a happy high school life?" Ren pleaded, jokingly. 

"And this is why we can't have nice things in life," you added. 

Shortly, Ren arrived to your house, and you gave him a quick kiss, before Ren gave you your gift, and you got out of the car, watching him drive off. 

Sighing, you just turned, and wished that the new school year wasn't going to be completely god-awful with that girl around.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong~

It's been a while since I last updated. :c Mianhae~

To be honest, I don't like this series as much as I used to anymore, and it's just getting really... bleh for me. 

It didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I'll try to finish it all for you guys. v.v 

Note that I'll probably end this in less than 10 chapters so. >< 

Sorry about this guys~

I just don't have an interest in this story anymore. :c I just don't feel the same way anymore. >< 

Again, sorry, and I hope you'll still support it all the way to the end~