Omo, Valentine's Day?! And The Last Day of The Year?

Opposites Attract

Sunjung's POV

 

It was the weekend you came back from the trip. 

You sat at home, on your bed, staring gravely at the ground. 

What was I supposed to get Ren for Valentine's? you thought to yourself. 

"Aigooo, this is so complicated," you complained, flopping down on the carpet floor and rolling around. 

You were sure you were going to get him chocolate, but it wasn't enough. 

Should you just make him something? 

"Aish, what to do, what to do..." you murmured quietly to yourself. 

A present could do, but the effort to knit or crochet something took time and effort - something you didn't have enough of at this time of the year. 

Groaning, you got up and trudged to the kitchen. 

Then, your phone vibrated in your pocket. 

You checked it, and sighed in relief. 

It was Nayoung. 

You unlocked it, and looked at her text. 

Nayoung: Hey you! Wanna go shopping for some gifts? 

You replied back quickly. 

You: Yah, of course! You didn't even need to ask.

It was only a moment before Nayoung replied back. 

Nayoung: kekeke ok, meet me at the cafe near your house! And bring your car. I think we need it.

You rolled your eyes, and got your keys from your room. 

Getting into your car, you started driving, and soon, you arrived at the cafe. 

Parking, you got out, locked the car, and went inside. 

"Annyeong!" Nayoung greeted cheerily. 

"Annyeong," You smiled, sitting at her table. "Where are we going?"

Nayoung grinned, and replied, "You know the really adorable shop next to McD's?"

Your eyes widened.

"We're looking for gifts there? Yah, what are you thinking! They sell the girliest things! I'm not getting my boyfriend a pink bow for Valentine's Day!" you objected, making Nayoung giggle.

"Relax, I'm only getting my gift for Jae there. You can go to the store next door. I'm sure Ren's gonna like the place." Nayoung's eye twinkled, and you just shrugged it off.

"Arasseo," You replied. "We have to hurry though. It's the last day of school tomorrow. And we have exams."

You shuddered at the thought of spending a couple of hours in the same room, and sighed.

"Ne," Nayoung groaned. "Exams. But we have free period last, so we can go home earlier. That's a plus."

You agreed, and soon, you and Nayoung got in the car.

"Let's go~" Nayoung said cheerily, just like a little kid.

"Aigo, put your seatbelt on, you dangerous monster." You teased.

Nayoung huffed, but still put on her seatbelt anyways. "You're just like an umma."

"It's my job~"

You backed out of the parking lot, and shortly after, you arrived at the  store, and parked. 

Nayoung and you got out, and she laughed evillishly and you stared at her like she was a maniac. 

"Jae's gonna love what I get him."

You shook your head. 

"I swear, if you get him a dress, I will personally make you return it." 

"I'm not that mean." Nayoung pouted. 

"It sounds like you are." You couldn't help but smile a bit. "Arasseo, I'll be in the next shop." 

"Arasseo," Nayoung replied, already walking inside the girlish store. 

You parked the car, and poked your head inside the store, inspecting it first, before fully going inside. 

"Welcome miss!" The girl cashier smiled to you, and you smiled back, already walking towards the aisles. 

It was filled with fashionable clothes. 

"Aigoo, Nayoung's right." You quietly murmured, as you scanned the clothes. 

They were cheap and affordable, and you were sure that Ren would like them. 

"Do you need some help, miss?" The cashier girl was next to you now. 

"Ah, ani." You replied cheerily and went back to looking at the clothes. 

"Are you looking for something for your boyfriend?" she asked. 

"Ne, I am." You answered, getting a little annoyed. 

"That's good." She smiled, and you forced another smile back to her. 

Then, you went back to sifting through the clothes, and just when you had thought the girl was about to leave, she started talking again. 

"What school do you go to?" 

You answered her through gritted teeth, and she widened her eyes. 

"Really? I'm going to be a freshman there next year!" she grinned. 

"Oh, that's good." You reply, hoping that you would never cross paths with her. 

"Ne! I hope you'll help me around." 

"Hm," you hummed, trying to avoid the question. 

Pulling out a sweater with a simple design, you turned to the girl, and said, "I'd like this." 

"Ah, done already? Arasseo, I'll ring you up." 

You quickly paid, and made sure to get out of the store as fast as possible. 

Blinking, you looked for Nayoung, and noticed that she was paying for her thing. 

She soon came out, and saw you. 

"Hey, what'd you buy?" she asked, as you two got into the car. 

"Um, this sweater." You pulled it out of the bag, and she looked at it. 

"Arasseo, I think Ren will like that. Look at what I got for Jae!" she said excitedly. 

You stuffed the shirt back in the bag, before staring up, and seeing a pink tiara. 

Your mouth practically fell, and you started laughing. 

"You got him that?" 

Nayoung nodded proudly. 

"You're a horrible girlfriend," You smiled. 

"It's my duty." She grinned, as if she was proud of this. 

You rolled your eyes. 

"Arasseo. Let's go." You smiled, and started driving away. 

 

On Valentine's Day, you sat in class, your chocolates and sweater wrapped up properly. 

You hid it in your backpack, and smiled innocently as Ren sat down in the seat next to you. 

Nayoung and Jae joined you guys, and Jae must've gotten his present because he was scowling. 

"I wanted a snapback!" Jae argued. 

"You didn't specify~" Nayoung teased. 

Jae sighed, and looked at you and Ren.

"How's your day goin'?" he asked tiredly. 

"Good. I guess. I can't go anywhere and not have a girl giving me chocolates." Ren groaned. 

You chuckled a bit. 

"That's because you're their idol." You teased. 

He rolled his eyes. 

"I seriously swear that the rest of the members are getting bombarded with chocolates and gifts now. How are we gonna put that in the van?" Ren sighed. 

"Eat it all." Jae replied as if it was obvious. 

"Hey, are you busy during the break?" Nayoung asked curiously. 

Ren nodded with a frown. 

"Since school's out, we're doing interviews and going on variety shows. I can't do anything but sleep, eat, and work." He replied. 

"Aw, so you can't hang out with Sunjung?" Nayoung teased. 

"Mwoh?" you blinked. 

"Yeah, I can't. Ugh, celebrity life." Ren looked at you sympathetically and gave you a quick kiss on your forehead. "Mianhae jagi~" 

"Aigo, it's okay. I don't mind. We can have dates afterwards?" you suggested. 

"I don't know... Maybe." Ren replied. 

"Arasseo. This is what I get for having a famous boyfriend." You joked. 

"Well it's better than having a jagi who gives you a pink tiara." Jae said, annoyed. 

"Aigo, I gave you chocolates and promised you a snapback! Don't be so uptight." Nayoung pouted. 

Jae rolled his eyes. 

"Yah, stop it. Right before I was going to give Ren my gift too." You said.  

Ren looked at you, excited. 

He was practically hopping in his seat. 

"Yah, what'd you get, what'd you get?" Ren asked, acting like a child. 

You giggled. 

"Jagi, calm down," you smiled. 

He immediately stopped, and stared at you expectantly. 

You laughed, and got the package out. 

Ren started flailing once he got it. 

He ripped it and gasped when he saw what was in it. 

"Ah, kamsahamnida, jagi~" He smiled, picking up the sweatshirt and inspecting the pattern. 

Then, he put it down and planted a kiss on your lips. 

Once he pulled back, he immediately dove for the chocolates. 

"Did you make these?" he asked. 

"Ne, so you better like them~" You teased. 

He ate one slowly and then said, "Aigo, these are good~" 

"Jinjja?" 

"Ne! They're delicious." Ren said firmly. 

"Ah, kamsahamnida." You blushed. 

"Dang it, Nayoung, why can't you be like Sunjung?" Jae turned to her, looking more annoyed. 

"Yah, oppa, you know you like me!" She retorted. 

He sighed, and turned again. 

"Well you guys don't even call each other 'jagi'~" Ren hinted. 

"Well you guys didn't either at first." Jae retorted. 

"We also didn't use honorifics. So technically, that's the same thing." You replied.

Ren fed you a chocolate, and Jae looked at you two, defeated. 

"Yah, I wanna be like that, oppa feed me chocolate~!" Nayoung hit his shoulder. 

Jae looked at her and replied, "I ate all of the chocolate." 

"Yah, oppa, why are you so mean~" Nayoung cooed. 

He rolled his eyes. 

"It's your fault. You didn't ask me fast enough," he said, sticking his tongue out. 

Nayoung pouted. 

"Aigo, there's still White Day." 

"Ne, ne~" Nayoung sighed, the blinked, as if she realized something. "Ren, you said you were gonna be busy all break?" 

Ren nodded. 

"So... does that mean you're busy for White Day?" she asked. 

Ren laughed. 

"Not sure yet. My schedule changes all the time. I hope not, though." He smiled to you. 

"Oh, so you can only spend today together?" Nayoung asked. 

Ren nodded. 

"That's why I'm pampering her." He explained. 

"Aigo, why can't you be like Ren?" Nayoung pouted to Jae. 

He shot her a glance. 

"...Fine. I... uh. I love you..." Jae said awkwardly, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Yay~ I love you too oppa~" Nayoung kissed his cheek, and you smiled. 

The bell rung and all four of you guys walked out together. 

"Aigo, I have to leave right now, but promise to text me?" Ren smiled. 

"Promise," you replied. 

He leaned down to give you a quick kiss and waved, before quickly walking away. 

You smiled, and watched him disappear, sighing in content, as you ended your second year of high school.

 

--------------------------------------

Hello~ 

This is author-nim~

Sorry for taking such a long time to update >o< I was working on my other story. 

Mianhae ^^; 

Anyways, we have a new poster from the lovely shel123 from violetkecil poster shop~ ^o^ 

I would like to thank all of you wonderful subscribers for sticking with me for so long. >w< Aigo, this story is going to be long. >.>

Well, thank you~

And sorry if this chapter sounded rushed, I just wanted to give it to you guys quickly. >o<

 

Please look forward to the next chapter~

It's a Nayoung & Jae chapter, so I'm excited to write it in their Pov~ ^^

 

Well, subscribe, comment, vote, and recommend it to others~~ :DD

It'll make me a very happy author-nim~

Kamsahamnida~