Christmas

Opposites Attract

*Sunjung's POV*

 

You woke up that day with so much excitement. It was Saturday, Christmas Eve, and also the day before you had to go to the Nu'est Concert. 

 

Ren: Sunjung-ah♥ Meet me near the park near the school~ :^] I'll be waiting~

 

You got that text at about one in the afternoon. 

It made you stop whatever you were doing, and get ready. 

You wore three jackets, a warm sweater, a shirt, skinny jeans, a scarf, and Converse. 

You even styled your straight hair and pulled it back into a ponytail.  

You looked so stuffed and tiny in your outfit, but it was okay because you secretly stuffed his present in your coat pocket.

You went to the park and arrived there after thirty minutes; seeing Ren's familiar figure, you decided to evilly sneak up on him. 

"Reeeen~" you laughed as you hopped onto his back. 

He was surprised at your sudden action, and staggered a bit, but he didn't dare fall. 

"Ah, Sunjung," He turned his head to look at your face, you still piggyback riding him. 

"Annyeong," you grinned. 

"Annyeong," Ren smiled back. 

You slowly adjusted yourself and landed on the snowy floor with ease. 
Ren turned to face you fully and you noticed that he pulled his hair in a small ponytail as well. 

He smiled, and to you, it was like a billion golden suns. 

You blushed softly. 

"Are you warm?" Ren looked at you, half concerned and half amused. 

You nodded and pouted. 

"It's really cold, pabo. My umma made me wear all these jackets." you explained. 
"Ani, ani, I think it looks cute on you," Ren said, lacing his gloved fingers through yours. 

You blushed. 

"Sneaky," you teased. 

"It's my specialty," he grinned. 

"Where are we going?" you asked. 

"Well, I wanted to go to the church first," he said, looking up as he thought about it. 

"Is that it?" you asked curiously. 

"Is there anywhere else you want to go?" Ren looked down at you. 

You  put your free hand to your chin. 

"Hm... I don't know," you shrugged. 

Ren smiled and kissed the tip of your nose. 

"Don't worry," he sheepishly grinned. "I've also got plans to go to a restaurant that I really like." 

"Ah, which one?" you said, interested. 

"I'm~ Not~ Telling~" he teased. 

"Aigo, you're such a pabo," you pouted. 

Ren gave you a smile and swung his hand, making you swing yours. 

Aish, you had such a childish boyfriend. 

 

 

Soon, you and Ren arrived at the nearest Church. 

It was packed with couples. 

"Aigo," you said, half admiring the lights and half gazing in awe at the large crowd of people. "It's so busy..." 

"It's Christmas Eve, what do you expect?" Ren laughed softly. 

You furrowed your brow and pursed your lips. 

Ren sighed and gave you a kiss on your forehead. 

You brightened up instantly. 

"Let's go in?" Ren asked, waiting for you approval. 

You nodded and he pulled you in. 

Inside, you stared at everything with wide eyes and had your lips slightly parted. 

"It's so pretty," you said, awestricken. 

Ren nodded. 

"Every church must be packed by now," he looked at the golden lights.

"Yeah...," you agreed, not taking your eyes off to the crystal decorations and shining stained glass windows. 

It took you a while to let it sink in. 

"Aish, let's make prayers, ne?" You turned your head to see Ren looking at you with excitement and happiness, releasing his hand from yours so that he could put them together. 

"Ne," you said, showing a pearly smile, and putting your hands together as well. 

Turning forward again, you bent your head slightly and closed your eyes. 

Annyeonghaseyo, God. Are you well? Aish, well I hope that the next year will be just as wonderful and peaceful, and that my relationship with Ren will blossom more. Are you doing good in the heavens? I'll come back for the New Years to pray again. Talk to you later. Kamsahamnida for listening to me, you thought. 

When you opened your eyes again and blinked, adjusting your eyes to the lights, you turned back to Ren. 

He was still praying, but a second later, he opened his eyes warily, and looked at you. 

"Are you done?" he asked, smiling. 

You nodded vigorously. 

Ren laughed lightly and slipped his gloved fingers through yours again. 

"Shall we head over to the restaurant?" he asked. 

You nodded again. 

"Okay. It's not too far from here," he said as you two walked out. 

You followed him, not sure where you were going, but he headed into a full plaza that had sparkling lights of all colors; red, blue, violet, pink, and green. 

The only lights came from the strung up ones that lined each store and restaurant, but it was surprisingly brighter than you would have expected. 

There was a large Christmas tree situated exactly in the middle of the plaza and many lights hung from its branches. 

"Wah, Ren, I've never been here before! It's so pretty!" you admired the scenery. 

"That's why I brought you here," he grinned, kissing your cheek. "Now, let's go to the restaurant." 

He led you into a building that was next to other restaurants and you saw that it was packed. 

"Waaah," you observed quietly. "It's so crowded, just like the church." 

Ren chuckled. 

"Don't worry, I've got reservations." He turned to the woman at the counter, and said, "Table for two for Ren."

The woman nodded and showed you two to your table. It was next to the window in a corner, where you could easily see the lights and the tree outside. 

"Ren... This must have costed a lot," you said, removing your outer coats. 

Ren helped you, slipping it on the back of the chair, and put you in your seat, kissing your forehead gently. 

"No, don't worry. It doesn't cost that much." he said as he sat himself down, pulling his jacket and gloves off. 

"Are you sure?" you asked, worried. 

Ren gave you a reassuring smile and nodded. 

You gave a sigh of relief. 

"Thank goodness," you said. 

"Now-" Ren handed you a menu. "let's decide on what to eat, okay?" 

You nodded and took yours gratefully with both hands. 

Then, you perused on what was available. 

It wasn't too expensive, but the dishes looked delicious. 

Soon, the waitress came to get your orders. 

"Makguksu," you replied, closing your menu.
"Japchae," Ren said, closing his as well and taking yours to give to the waitress.

(A/N: Makguksu is buckwheat noodles with clear chicken soup ^^ I'm not Korean so I could be wrong, but I got it from a website hehe~ Makguksu: Makguksu

Japchae is handmade noodles ^^ Here's the link: Japchae

"Ah, okay, one makguksu and one japchae, is that all?" she asked, scribbling it on her notepad. 

You and Ren nodded firmly. 

"Okay, it'll be here shortly," she smiled, and took your menus. 

While waiting, you stared at the outside scenery.

"It's really wonderful that you did all of this," you grinned. 

Ren turned his head to look at the scenery too. 

"It's no problem," he said softly. "I just wanted to make this Christmas special for you." 

You laughed lightly. 

"Thank you," you turned your head, and noticed the waitress approaching your table with drinks and food. 

She carefully set the waters on your side and his side and gave you two straws, and then set down your meals. 

"Merry Christmas," she smiled and walked away. 

"Merry Christmas," you and Ren called, and you turned to look down at your meal. 

Reaching for chopsticks, your hand and Ren's hand touched. 

You pulled away shyly and Ren smiled.

He reached for two pairs, and handed one to you. 

You took it gratefully, and once you removed it from the package, you split it in twos. 

"This looks tasty," you commented, preparing to eat the dish. 

Ren nodded. 
"Let's start eating," he smiled, already picking up noodles with his chopsticks. 

You smiled, and went to your meal. 

 

Afterwards, when you and him finished eating, the waitress approached you two and took your empty bowls. 

"Dessert will be here shortly," she smiled briefly before heading off. 

You turned to Ren.

"Dessert?" you asked, confused. 

"I didn't order any," he shrugged. "It must be a Christmas gift." 

"Oh," you said, and saw the waitress again. She put a cake slice near you and you said, "Kamsahamnida." 

"No problem," she turned to you. "And don't worry, this is free."

"Why is that?" Ren asked, accepting his plate of cake. 

"Every year, this restaurant gives out free cakes to everyone," the waitress beamed, and added, "Well, here's the bill."
She placed a bill on the table, and Ren nodded in thanks. 

She quickly walked off and you curiously looked at the upside down bill. 

"Aigo," you noticed that it was 32,000 won. "That's expensive." (A/N: 32,000 won is 32 USD)
You pouted and Ren pulled out his wallet. 

"No, it's fine. My pay is much larger than that." 

"But-" you tried interjecting, but Ren refused to let you pay even a bit.

"Hn," you said, going to your cake, and cutting it with your fork. "Stingy." 

"I'm not stingy, I just want to pay," Ren stuck out his tongue and began eating his cake. 

"This is good," you commented. 

"Ne," Ren replied. 

He scarfed his down, but you took your time with yours. 

When he stood up, and attempted to pay, you sighed, and started to quickly eat your cake, hoping to finish, so you could follow him to the cashier. 

He came back when you swallowed the last bite, and he stuck his tongue out. 

"Too late," he teased. 

"Ren-ah," you pouted. 

"Hn," he grinned, starting to play with your hair. "You're too laaate, you're too laaaate~" He said it in a singsongy voice. 

"Whatever," you rolled your eyes. "Anyways, I've got you a present!" 

You turned to your coat, and reached into a pocket. 

Pulling out a large package, you gave it to Ren, and he accepted it, curiously shaking it to see what was it in. 

"Aigo, don't shake it," you objected.

"Haha, okay," he laughed, and carefully pulled at the edges. 

Once he unravelled the whole thing, he gasped. 

It was a light blue beanie with a ball on the top, and another light blue scarf.

On the scarf, his name was knitted on in avocado green.  

"Do you not like it?" you asked, concerned. 

"Ani, I love it," he said, trying it on. 

You cursed silently on how wonderful it looked on him. 

"Well, since we're exchanging gifts, here," he pulled out a small box and when you reached for it, Ren took your hand hostage. 

"Ren? What are you doing?" you asked. 

He didn't reply, but instead opened the box and you gasped this time, when you saw what was in it. 

Ren slipped a beautiful ring just your size on your left ring finger. 

"Ren..." you said, admiring it. "This must have cost a fortune..." 

He shook his head. 

"Nope," he said. "It was cheap." 

You pouted and Ren chuckled. 

Then, he leaned over to your face and you blinked innocently at him. 

He kissed you on your lips, and you closed your eyes.

"Merry Christmas," he said as he pulled back. 

"Hn," you replied, pursing your lips. "That was our first real kiss. But Merry Christmas. I love you."

"I love you too," Ren smiled to you, and gently rubbed your left hand lovingly. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello~ This is author-nim~
Thank you for supporting this story for so long~

 

~Subs, comments, and recommendations please~

Thank you♥