Day Before Break

Opposites Attract

*Sunjung's POV*

 

You barely managed to survive a whole month without your new boyfriend, Ren. 

But everyday you made sure to text him each second you were available. 

 

You: Ren-ah, I love you♥ kekeke ^^ Are you doing good wherever you are? I hope you come back soon so I can watch your concert♥ keke saranghaeyo :^]

Ren: Sunjung-sshi♥ I love you more~ Ne, I'm in Incheon^^ Please wait for me~ I'll be back tomorrow! [: I'm so excited to see your beautiful face♥ saranghaeyo Sunjung-ah.

 

Okay, you were in that phase where everything was so good and so happy, and it was yours and his anniversary just a week ago. 

You held your phone in your hand, and pressed it to your face. 

You couldn't wait to see him and be able to hold him and kiss him. 

Sighing, Nayoung glanced at you. 

"Something wrong?" she said. 

"Ani, ani," you replied. "But it's been a whole month, and today's the day we go on break."

Nayoung rolled her eyes. 

"It's almost Christmas. You should be worrying over what to get him." she pointed out. 

"I've already gotten his gift." you protested. 

"What is it?" Nayoung looked at you curiously. 

You leaned over and whispered in her ear. 

When she pulled back, she grinned slyly and said, "It's so cute." 

You nodded and blushed. 

"I didn't know what to get him, so I decided on that." you sighed. 

"He'll love it." Nayoung propped her elbows on the desk. 

"How do you know?" you asked indignantly. 

You were prone to being indecisive. 

"Because he loves anything from you," she said as if it was so obvious. 

"Oh," you replied, leaning on the table. "Well, I hope he does." 

"The more important thing, did you prepare my gift?" Nayoung teased. 

You rolled your eyes and nodded. 
"Of course I did. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't?" you laughed, searching through your backpack for a small package that was wrapped in reindeer wrapping paper. 

"Here's my gift," Nayoung rustled through her bag and brought out a medium sized package and handed it to you. 

You exchanged her gift for yours. 

Taking a deep breath, you started to carefully pull at the corners to open the present. 

Once it was unravelled, you gasped. 

It was a fluffy white hoodie that you had wanted so badly since junior high. 

"You didn't have to," you looked at Nayoung. 

She just laughed and replied, "Well, I kind of did." 

Then, she started to rip open hers, and what came out of it was a photobook.

She scanned the outsides and asked, "What's this?" 

"Look inside, ," you replied, smoothing out your hoodie. 

Nayoung shot you a look and opened it. 

"Oh, no way." she gasped. 

You nodded. 

"Ren helped me with it, so it's from him too♥" you said.

"Wow," Nayoung gazed in awe. "I would have never imagined that you got me a signed photobook of SHINee. They are like, my favorites. Tell Ren I said thank you, oh my chicken."

You laughed.

"I will," you replied, and scrambled through your bag. "Hey, where's Jae?"
"I'm right here," You felt a fist noogie your head.
"Hey!" you replied. "Jae, I'm not giving you your present!"

"Sorry, sorry," he said, sitting down.

You pouted, but still handed him his gift.

He quickly unwrapped it.

"Oh, cool, new headphones! I've wanted these for so long,"  Jae said, fitting them over his head to make sure they fit. "Thanks, Sunjung."

You nodded. 

"Here's my present tooo," Nayoung handed him a square package, as he put the headphones in his bag. He eyed it suspiciously. 

Once he opened it, he stared at Nayoung oddly. 

"You got me a shrimp clock?" Jae put emphasis on the words 'shrimp clock.' 

Nayoung nodded. 

"I saw them at the store and they reminded me of you." she explained. 

"I remind you of shrimp?" Jae furrowed his eyebrows.

"Somewhat."

Jae looked offended. 

"What? This hunk of handsome looks like an aquatic animal?" He gasped dramatically. 

"Just kidding," Nayoung rolled her eyes. "Pabo. I got it because you said your alarm right now and you almost oversleep at times." 

"Oh," Jae stared at it. "Well, thanks." 

"No problem," she teased. "Anything for my shrimp friend."
You laughed. 

Jae shot Nayoung a glare.

The day eventually ended with all three of you guys joking around and such. 

 

That night, you couldn't sleep. You were way too excited to for Ren to come back. 

No, you mentally scolded yourself. You have to sleep, Lee Sunjung, or else Ren will get worried when you fall asleep in his arms.

Okay, so the thought wasn't that bad, but you didn't want to worry him. 

So, you tried your hardest to go back to bed. 

Yeah, you eventually did go to sleep. 

But excitement still tingled in your chest.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Aish, sorry for the short chapter, but I will try to make the next one really cute and sweet ^^

Thank you~

 

Subs, comments, and recommendations please~

Have a nice day~