Back To School

Opposites Attract

Sunjung's POV

 

You sighed as you grabbed your backpage and brushed off the dust on your uniform. 

Today would mark the first day of your last year at your high school.

Smiling, you stood in front of a door mirror, and tidied a bit more, before announcing loudly, "I'm leaving!" 

"Arasseo," your umma and appa shouted back, adding a 'saranghae.'

"Saranghae," you answered, and quickly slipped your shoes on, before yawning, and walking out the door. 

Locking it, you blinked tiredly as you got into your car. 

Because it was break, you often slept at late hours, and your sleeping schedule had not gotten used to the early time yet.

You took a deep breath as you remembered that Eunrae would start school today, and just braced yourself, praying that you'd never have to see her. 

Then, you started the ignition, and began driving to school.

Shortly, you got there, and found yourself in a new classroom.

Being a senior meant that you practically had control over the younger students, but because the freshmeat were big eyed and lost, you decided to just watch over them.

"Yah, you're here~" Nayoung called out. "We're in the same homeroom again, huh?" 

"Ne," Jae nodded, smiling. 

"How's your guys' summers?" you asked, as you seated yourself next to the two. 

"Good," Nayoung shrugged. 

"Same. Anyways, did you get to spend White Day with Ren?" Jae's face lit up. 

"Don't even speak of that cursed holiday...," you groaned, paling. 

"Bwoh? Did something happen?" Nayoung eyed you. 

"Ugh, I did have a date with him, but then when we went to this restaurant, there was this annoying waitress and she was-"

"Unni!" 

That sickeningly familiar voice made you pale even more. 

You hesitated to turn around because the person behind you was the person you always wanted to avoid, but since you had to be polite, you forced a smile, and turned, to see Eunrae. 

"Unni, is Ren here?!" she squealed. 

"Ani, he's not here yet." You answered. 

"Oh," her face fell. "Well, I'll come back later then!" 

She happily skipped out, and when you made sure that she left, you sighed in relief. 

"That's the annoying waitress right?" Nayoung eyed the space she had stood, which was now an empty void (thank goodness), and crossed her arms.

"Yeah," you answered queasily.

"She's very... loud." Jae said slowly. 

"And annoying." You added. 

"And... energetic. Damn freshmeat and their energy," Nayoung hissed. "If I had that much energy, I think I'd kill myself."

Jae frowned at her comment, but Nayoung didn't seem to notice.

"Anyways, she's one of Ren's fangirls?" Jae asked. 

You nodded. 

"A huge one. She made him sign her s." 

Nayoung almost doubled over. 

"Bwoh?!" she gasped. 

"I mean, her shirt, but the area was her s, um, yeah," you corrected yourself quickly.

"But... but still!" Nayoung gaped. "She's probably really confident of her bonkers because that's just crazy!" 

Jae laughed at Nayoung's childishness as she referred to s as 'bonkers.'

"She must be a sasaeng fan," Jae added. 

"Well, Ren's in deep ape crap," Nayoung stated firmly. 

"It's a surprise you haven't strangled that girl yet," Jae noted, looking at you. 

"Hm? Oh, well you know. It's his fan, and if I do, I might ruin his image and get myself in a scandal," you answered. 

"If it was me, I'd dump her into the sea. That way, no one has to hear her ever again," Nayoung mumbled grimly. 

"You'd be damaging the fish." Jae answered.

Before you could add a smart comeback, a sweet voice spoke out. 

"Hey."

You turned your head slightly to see Ren smiling kindly. 

"Heyyo," Jae greeted. 

"We saw your fangirl," Nayoung informed with a straight face. 

"You guys did?! Is she looking for me?" Ren asked, worried. 

"As of this very moment," Nayoung answered teasingly.

"She's so clingy," you mumbled. 

"Wae? You jealous?" Ren asked. 

"A-ani! It's just that... um, doesn't she have friends?" you smoothly replied. 

Jae scoffed. 

"If there was a Kpop star in my school, I think I would always follow them around," he said, causing Nayoung to glare at him. 

"Arasseo, it's okay. You know that I like you," Ren smiled reassuringly. 

"Okay..." you replied, but deeply in the inside, however, you knew that your relationship was at stake here.

Luckily, school had started, and for a while, you were relieved that Eunrae didn't have the chance of talking to your boyfriend.

But then came lunch.

You gulped down your packed lunch uneasily, wondering if Eunrae would come in.

Silently, you prayed that she wouldn't, but your prayers didn't work as well as they should've because a minute later, she came inside the classroom.

"Is Ren oppa here?" she demanded loudly, as she walked towards you guys. 

Ren paled, and slowly raised up his hand.

"I--I'm here," he stuttered.

Eunrae's face lit up and she dove for the spot next to him, making you narrow your eyes. 

Nayoung just stared, wondering what to do, and Jae just decided not to look because if he did, it meant death for him. 

Eunrae just started chatting with Ren, not caring about her surroundings. 

She just talked and talked and talked with Ren, who was jsut nodding his head after every sentence. 

You scoffed, and tried not to show yourself as a clingy, overprotective girlfriend, you just went back to eating your lunch. 

It went on like this for the whole period; Eunrae kept talking, Ren kept nodding, you kept ignoring them, and Nayoung and Jae just stared at the scene, unsure of what to do about it. 

The bell finally rang after what seemed like forever, and Eunrae frowned. 

"I'll come to you after school okay oppa?" she asked.

"Sorry, I have plans," he said quickly. 

"O-oh, okay then. See you tomorrow!" Eunrae smiled. 

"I have plans tomorrow! Scratch that, I have plans forever!" Ren said quickly.

Eunrae frowned, but nodded. 

"Arasseo then..." she trailed off and skipped back to her class.

"You have plans forever huh?" Nayoung laughed. 

"That's okay. I don't have to spend those plans with her," he shuddered. 

"And this is why I'm not a Kpop star," Jae nodded. 

"So you're just gonna avoid her from now on or what? She can smell Ren a kilometer away," Nayoung asked with a monotone voice. 

Ren sighed. 

"Can't I just make her see my hyungs?" he asked poutingly.

Jae laughed.

"If only that was so easy. She's obsessed with you." He stared at him sympathetically.

Ren frowned, and didn't say anything.

"Does this mean that... I have to... talk to her?" he asked, pretending to cry.

"Yeah." Nayoung put out straightforwardly.

Ren stared at her in disbelief.

"Bwoh?! Aigo, I need JR to like, save me from this horrible fate," he mumbled, biting his lip in agony.

"Aw," you chuckled at him in pity. "My poor jagi."

Ren shot you a pout, and you just smiled.

"What do I doooo?" he whined, hitting his face to his desk. "She's constantly bothering me and--"

"Is oppa here?"

It was the voice.

It was her.

Ren's eyes widened, and he literally fell out of his seat.

"Y--yah, where do I hide?!" he mumbled, and everyone attempted to cover him, but it was too late.

Eunrae noticed him, and quicky dashed chased him to the ends of the Earth. 

"Oppa~" she cooed, grabbing his arm. 

You stared at her in disbelief. 

Didn't she know you were dating him? 

Jeez. 

"Oppa, let's hang out!" Eunrae suggested.

"U--Uh..." Ren trailed off awkwardly.

"Yo! President, weren't you going to come and--" A girl walked in, and her eyes widened at the sight of Ren.

She started stuttering and sputtering out weird noises that you couldn't make out at all.

"A--Annyeonghaseyo oppa." The girl bowed in a hurry, and Eunrae just rolled her eyes.

"I was going to come and what?" she asked sweetly, which was sickening.

Underneath her candy like sentence, any girl could sense that she was really saying, 'leave right now, or else I will kill you in your sleep.' 

"U--Uh, you were going to come and... help me arrange details for the... you know." The girl mumbled nervously. 

Eunrae shot a smile, but the tension in the air made you realize that she was actually mad. 

"Arasseo, let's go," she sighed, and turned to Ren. "I'll be back?" 

"No thanks. Please spare me," he said queasily, but Eunrae just laughed and skipped off. 

After she left, Ren grabbed Jae's collar, and groaned. 

"You have to help me," he whimpered. 

Jae looked at him in alarm, but shrugged. 

"What am I supposed to do? She's your crazy fangirl!" he replied. 

"Wuah," Ren mumbled, sighing downcastedly. 

You stared at him sympathetically. 

What could you do about your jagi and that girl?

She obviously doesn't listen to anyone. 

It was just a wasted effort if you said anything to her.

You sighed. 

Poor Ren. 

It was only the first day, and he has to experience such a fan. 

Then it struck you. 

He had to deal with this all year. 

All year. 

As in, you had to deal with it too because you were his girlfriend. 

You groaned silently, but resolutely decided to tell Eunrae to relax and stop bothering you guys. 

Not just you or Ren, but also Nayoung and Jae. 

It was starting to be a real hassle. 

"What do you think of the girl? She seems to have a huge crush on Ren," Nayoung scrunched up her face, as she asked me, suddenly out of nowhere. 

You blinked, processing the sudden question, but then shrugged. 

"I guess I should just tell her to back off," you mumbled. 

"She'll rip your hair out." Nayoung frowned, shuddering at the thought. 

"Y--yeah..." you stuttered. "But I have to do it." 

Nayoung shot you an anxious glance. 

"You sure?" she asked. 

You sent her a nervous look, but nodded firmly. 

"I'll do it. I have to do something about it anyways." 

Nayoung just sighed.

"If you get beat up, don't come to me saying that it was my fault," she mumbled.

"Arasseo."

You managed to give her a soft smile, and Nayoung rolled her eyes, but patted your head sympathetically. 

"Good luck," she encouraged, and you nodded. 

"Thanks." You replied, but really, you were just as queasy as Ren. 

What if it doesn't work out the way you wanted? 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is so horrible;; I cannot even.

I think I'll just end this in one-two chapters? I'm not sure yet. 

But still. 

I'm sorry. >.< I've just lost interest in this fic. 

I hope you will support me in my other fics though!