Honesty

Opposites Attract

Sunjung's POV

 

You sighed as you scolded yourself silently. 

It's been a week since you said that you were going to confront the girl, but honestly, you were a chicken. 

There was no way you could do it. 

And that meant that Eunrae kept flirting with Ren. 

"You know, you looked so cool and confident when you said that you were going to confront her." Nayoung stared at you plainly, one day, during lunch. 

You just kept on eating your sandwich and looked down. 

"And it's been like, a week since you said that. Nothing's happened." Nayoung continued, disappointed.

"I... I know," you answered. 

"And that girl's still flirting with him." 

You couldn't come up with a witty comeback. 

It was completely true. 

So true that you wanted to strangle Eunrae for being so narrowminded and always clinging onto him. 

"You have been avoiding telling her for so long," Nayoung stared at me, crossing her arms during lunch one day. 

"Yeah... I know that," you mumbled. "Just kinda nervous."

"You have to beat her senseless! Tell her that Ren is your hubby and whaboom! She'll stop bothering you." Nayoung said, throwing her hands around the air. 

"To be honest, I have no idea what you just said." You said seriously, causing your best friend to shoot a glare at you. 

"What I'm saying is that you should just tell it to her straight right now or else." Nayoung instructed sternly, pointing her index finger at you.

You sighed. 

"I know that." You answered, downcastedly. 

"No, like now. I'm serious here." Nayoung said with a completely serious face. 

"Now? I'm eating my sandwich now though," You mumbled, taking another bite. 

Nayoung stared at you intensely, and you sighed.

"Okay, okay, I'll go right now then...," you said, reluctantly standing up. 

"You go girl! And when you come back, I expect that girl to never ever bother us ever again!" 

You waved Nayoung off, and casually strided into the hallway. 

Where could she be? 

After walking around a bit, you noticed familiar brown hair in the garden of the school. 

There she was. 

She was sitting in the garden, looking at her phone, as she popped a sushi roll into .

You sighed again, and made your way towards her. 

"Hey," you called, once you were close enough. 

Your sudden greeting caused Eunrae to jump, but she looked at you and noticed you. 

"Hey unnie," she smiled warmly, patting the seat next to her. You sat down where she had patted and Eunrae asked, "So, what did you need?" 

"Uh..." you trailed off a bit, thinking about how to phrase your sentence. 

"Yes?" 

"Well, I seem to notice that you uh, really like my boyfriend." You started out. 

She raised a brow. 

"I'm his biggest fan!" she declared boldly. 

"I appreciate the love, but can you like, let us be alone?" You tried phrasing it out without making it sound rude. 

Eunrae looked at you, and grinned widely. 

"Of course!" she laughed softly. 

"Really?" you looked at her surprised; you weren't expecting her to be this accepting of your request. 

"Yeah. Sorry for causing you trouble." Eunrae smiled.

"Oh. Thank you. Well, uh, I should get back to my sandwich." You replied awkwardly.

"Okay," Eunrae answered, and you stood up making your way back to your food.

 

A few days passed after that, and it was seemingly calm for you and everyone. 

You hadn't heard from Eunrae since then, and you were starting to enjoy your peace again.

"See? This is what happens when you tell her. She doesn't bother us anymore." Nayoung pointed out, as she took another bite of her apple.

"Yeah," you answered, eating your bento box quietly.

"And this doesn't cause a rift with your relationship with Ren." Nayoung added darkly. 

You stopped to glance at her, swallowing down the rice you just stuffed into your mouth.

"Did you and Jae have a fight or...?" 

"That jerk! I know his co-worker has a crush on him, but he just says that they're 'only friends and that I shouldn't get worried,'" She mimicked him with a nasaly voice. 

"And now, what's up?" You asked. 

"She's... she's... putting more moves on him. She's cranking her actions up a notch." Nayoung hissed. 

You raised your eyebrow, but just shrugged it off. 

"And what does she do?" 

Nayoung sent a glare at the door, and didn't reply, so you just sighed, before turning your head towards where she was looking. 

Jae was talking to Ren cheerily, making their way towards us. 

"Hey," Jae smiled to Nayoung, oblivious of her anger. 

"Hmp," Nayoung crossed her arms and turned around, ignoring him. 

"Are you serious? I told you..." 

You just tuned him out as you turned to Ren. 

"Hey," he greeted warmly. 

"Hi," you answered smiling. 

"So how are you?" He asked, grabbing one of your baby carrots and popping it into his mouth. 

"Good," you giggled. "Eunrae's been avoiding us lately huh?" 

Ren paused, and looked at you questioningly. 

"Huh?" 

"She hasn't bothered us in a couple of days..." 

"She's been talking to me everyday..." Ren said awkwardly. 

"What?" 

"Yeah. Like, before school, she'd follow me and talk to me and stuff. You didn't know?" 

You furrowed your brow. 

"I told her to leave us alone." You mumbled. 

"What?!" 

"I mean, in a nice way, but still! She said she would leave us alone." You objected. 

Ren's eyes widened. 

"She told me that you and her were best friends now." He added, making you widen your eyes. 

"What? I'd never be her..." you stopped yourself, trying to calm down. 

"I know, but still. She's been lying to us?" Ren furrowed his brow, and put his finger to his chin. 

You wondered what he contemplated about, but shrugged it off.

"I think I should tell her to leave us alone." Ren suddenly said, after a moment. 

You nearly choked on your carrot. 

"What? But she'll just say sorry and keep on doing it." You argued. 

"Do you want her to keep bothering me?" Ren whimpered, shivering at the thought. 

"Fine," you whined, standing up.

Ren smiled as he grabbed your hand and tried finding Eunrae. 

You sighed, and followed him, not really paying attention to anything. 

He searched everywhere for her. 

The cafeteria, the hallways, the classrooms. 

"Why don't you go to the garden? I think she's there." You suggested quietly, as he looked inside a random class. 

"Huh? The garden? Are you sure she's there?" Ren asked. 

You shrugged, but he didn't notice, as he turned to head over to the garden. 

Just as you had guessed, Eunrae was sitting in the garden, where she usually is situated. 

"Ah, there she is," you mumbled, and Ren nodded. 

"Are you ready?" he asked. 

"Ready for what?" 

Ren let out a big breath of air before replying. 

"You know. To tell her?" 

"Oh," you said in realization. "Okay. Gotcha."

Ren rolled his eyes, but walked you to the garden. 

"Hey oppa." Eunrae smiled, but then she noticed you and slightly frowned. 

"Hey." Ren greeted. 

You didn't say anything.

"Did you need something?" Eunrae asked. 

"Uh..." Ren seemed to have trouble forming his words. 

"We just wanted to say that you should leave us alone." You spoke for him. 

Ren shot a grateful look at you.

"Huh?" Eunrae's brows raised, and she looked puzzled.

"You know, you've been kind of intruding into our bubble," You explained as nicely as you could.

Eunrae laughed. 

"But you told me to leave you guys alone. As in, you guys together. It doesn't count when you're alone." Eunrae smiled, as if there wasn't anything wrong. 

"I meant to leave us alone." You replied bluntly; you weren't in the mood for sugarcoating things. 

"But can't I just be a fan?" Eunrae asked. 

"You can be a fan, but just stop being all in our bubble." You countered. 

"Why not? I just want to know him better," Eunrae pouted. 

You sighed. 

Ren looked over at you and decided to join the conversation. 

"You can talk to the others occasionally. It's just... I think I haven't had much time to myself with my girlfriend." He said, squeezing my hand gently. 

"Aren't you guys always together?" Eunrae asked innocently. 

You sighed silently at this question. 

You didn't even want to be apart of this conversation; you were getting really tired of this girl.

She was just trying to get close to her oppa, but still, it's stressful. 

"Maybe I should just leave and let you two resolve this..." you mumbled, pulling your hand away from Ren gently. 

Before anyone could say anything, you turned around and started to walk away. 

"W--wait," Ren stuttered as he reached for you, successfully grasping your wrist with his hand.

"What is it?" you asked, slightly turning to face him. 

"Why are you leaving?" 

"Because... I thought you two could resolve this yourselves." You answered softly. 

"But... I need you here." Ren declared, making you blush. 

"Huh?" 

"Because... you're my strength. When others make fun of me because I look like a girl... you're the one that's always there for me. You're the one that makes me happy all the time." He mumbled, his face starting to redden. 

You stared at him silently, your whole body heating up. 

"So I uh... I always want you to be by my side when I do things." Ren finished, looking down at his shoes bashfully. 

His eyes moved up to glance at you and you bit your lip nervously, smiling weakly. 

"So... I... I always want to be next to you...," Ren mumbled, lacing his fingers through yours.

"So..." Ren turned towards Eunrae and bowed deeply. "I'm sorry. I know you're my fan, but please respect my privacy."

Eunrae stared at you two speechlessly, but just nodded and Ren turned around again to face you with a small smile. 

He took hold of your hand and confidently strided back to the class, slightly shocking you. 

"You're really... something special." You said, when Eunrae was out of sight. 

Ren turned his head slightly to look at you, a smirk on his face. 

"What can I say? Opposites attract." He grinned, and slowly leaned over to peck your lips softly.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Oh my God I'm finally done with this chapter. ;v; 

This is the end everyone~ ouo 

After a couple months, I finally got to finish this. I swear to God, when I finished the last sentence, I could hear the angels in heaven singing the hallejuah chorus. ;u;

But anyways, thank you everyone for reading! I love you all. ♥

And I'm sorry it got so choppy. >< And I'm also sorry for losing interest in this fic. 

But I hope you guys will support me in my other fics! 

See you next time~ ^^ 

Thank you so much and I love you all!